Default Ivory Wedding Dress Question

My wedding dress is ivory and I'm having a hard time finding accessories. I went and bought a really pretty comb for my hair and now that I put it against my dress, it doesn't match. Most of the accessories and hair combs and pins are in silver and crystal. I have yet to find accessories in ivory. Anyone else wearing or wore an ivory wedding dress? Did you have a hard time finding accessories? That comb I bought yesterday wasn't cheap and most wedding boutique don't allow refunds :-(

If it is in your hair would you still be able to tell the difference in colour???? I will be wearing an ivory dress, still unsure what I will be wearing in my hair I have been thinking of starfish made of rhinestones.

I don't think you will be able to tell the difference either. I love the comb so I'm just going to keep it. I've decided to wear my hair down. I normally wear my hair half up and half down so I want something different for my wedding. I just hope the humidity doesn't ruin my hair.

I am probably going to have to wear my hair up, I have thick wavy hair and I can just imagine what the humidity might do to it. Plus I think I would be very hot.

Default Answer to hair accessory

I too wore an ivory dress just last week for my wedding at CSA and had the same dilemma finding a cute flower hair barrette. I had bought one at the store only to find that it had a bit of a peachy color to it that didn't quite match. Instead, I went to a craft store and bought an ivory rose and some wire with rhinestone-like beads at the end and hot glued them onto a barrette. It looked GREAT & was very easy to make! Attached is a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re

Pearls?

Default Don't worry

I wouldn't worry about it matching. You wouldn't wear an ivory necklace would you? Nowadays people don't really match things up. Have you ever seen ENEWS where they show the stars all dressed up on the red carpet? None of them ever match and I think that is just how fashion is. I think it sounds pretty and worse case scenario you could always take it out and out a flower in.

Go to David's Bridal! They have a whole line of ivory jewelry and ivory hair accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by spatch View Post
    I too wore an ivory dress just last week for my wedding at CSA and had the same dilemma finding a cute flower hair barrette. I had bought one at the store only to find that it had a bit of a peachy color to it that didn't quite match. Instead, I went to a craft store and bought an ivory rose and some wire with rhinestone-like beads at the end and hot glued them onto a barrette. It looked GREAT & was very easy to make! Attached is a picture.
    SPATCH - Congrats on your recent wedding. I would love to hear all about your wedding day. Please share :-)

spatch - you did a good job your hair flower is beautiful

I went searching at David's Bridal with not much luck. Maybe it was this particular David's Bridal but they didn't have very many accessories to choose from. There is a great place online called weddingmountain.com that had a huge selection of wedding stuff.