Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CSA Dress Code

Default CSA Dress Code

Looking on the website and the brochure that we received I noticed that the dress code seemed a little strict for dinner, can anyone comment on this?
    Thanks!

You read my mind in asking this question. We leave on Saturday the 11th of July and I plan to pack a sandal similar to the one at the link below for Feathers and Lemon Grass. Will this be okay?

Also, the Palms says no flip flops as well but I never noticed anyone commenting on this dining option before with a dress code, is that true?

Link: Payless Patent Wedge Sandal by Montego Bay Club

http://www.payless.com/store/product...ayName=Womens+

I dont want to worry about packing alot of shoes and extra clothes just for dinner purposes. I love those shoes, thanks for the link
    Mindy

At feathers they will obviously be more strict than say Lemon Grass but I do know some guys that wore sandals with the closed toe look. Females seemed to be exempt in a nice dress and some dresser sandals.

I wore some khakis and some brown shoes I brought and was plenty comfortable and in a week stay only ended up wearing them about twice to the nicer places, basically they just want you to dress up some and not wear your beach sandals into the restaurants.

Yes it is true.
    No rubber flip flops are allowed anywhere for dinner.

Closed shoes are required for men at Feathers. Ladies, sandals are fine.

Sandals are fine for dinner everywhere else.

Ladies - flips flops do not refer to slide sandals, these are the rubber beach shoes (with or without glitter) and they are not permitted for dinner.

Women can get away with more than men with regards to the dress code. Those shoes are what I'd consider embellished flip-flops and should be fine because they have a heel and are of higher quality material than the plastic flip flops you'd schlub around in on the beach.

Beachgal,

Those shoes are perfectly fine for any restaurant at CSA.

Heymake,

The dress code for dinner is very relaxed unless you are wanting to dine at Feathers (and maybe Lemongrass).

Feathers requires men to wear nice slacks and a collared shirt with closed toed shoes. Women are fine in anything from a nice sundress to more formal attire (I have never seen "formal" attire at any Couples resort).

I don't believe the dress rules for Lemongrass are as strict as those for Feathers, but I would at least upgrade to capris for women and nice shorts for men.

All other restaurants are very casual and you will likely see most people wearing shorts and nice shirts with sandals (or nicer flip-flops than what you would wear on the beach).

Hope this helps!
    April

We have been to CSA three times. Much of the Caribbean is more formal than we are used to in the U.S. We've been to many of the islands, and most of them have, at a minimum, "resort casual" requirements for dinner. So if you are looking to live in t-shirts and shorts, that can work at CSA, but it does limit your dining options.

Having said all that, here is the low down for dinner:

You can get away with flip flops at the Palms for dinner, but even a very casual pair of sandals would be great. Bob usually wears a polo and shorts to the Palms. I usually wear a nice top, shorts, and sandals to the Palms. And yes, Bob has on occasion, worn a t-shirt to dinner at the Palms. Not a huge deal, but it was a "nice" t-shirt (no holes, not a muscle shirt). This usually happens on our first night at CSA when Bob is just too beat from travel to want to dress up. No problem.

Lemongrass - Bob usually wear khakis and a polo shirt. I usually wear capris and a nice top or a summery dress. I would say no flip-flops here.

Patois Patio - Both Bob and I have worn dress shorts to dinner here with nice shirts/tops. Again, skip the flip-flops, but sandals are fine.

Feathers - this is the place that requires closed toed shoes for the men, along with a collared shirt. I usually wear a dress, but I've also worn dress slacks, blouse, and dressy sandals.

See, it's not that bad. Dressier than Florida (especially the Keys) for sure, but considering that you'll be living in your swimsuits during the day, you really don't need to pack all that many clothes.

The Dress Code ( at all 4 resorts ) isn't very strict. There is only one Gourmet restaurant at each resort that requires men to wear long pants and a collared shirt with closed toed shoes. It can be resort casual, as long as it fits the guidelines.

For women, sundresses and sandals are fine.Most women dress up a bit more for those places ( i.e. Feathers, at CSA )

Flip Flops at dinner in any of the other restaurants , including the Palms,is not suggested but you will see people wearing them ,regardless.

Personally, I enjoy getting dressed up for dinner at Couples. My wife likes to see me in something more fancy than a t - shirt once in a while, and it makes our dinners seem more special. A few nice shirts, a pair of khakis and topsiders does the trick for me. No big deal.

You were reading my mind - I was thinking about asking the same thing. We are going to CSA August 5. I know Feathers and Lemongrass require dressier attire, but I don't want to pack a ton of shoes. I was hoping flip flops would be ok much of the time. Can anyone help???

The dress code for dinner is resort casual. Feathers is really the only restaurant that you will need to "dress up"

The shoes that you have on your link are not only cute but totally appropriate.

Relax and enjoy

The dress code for the fancy reservation restaurants at all Couples is very simple and quite casual all they ask is that you don't look that you have just come in off the beach. Thong sandals like the link above are just perfect they mean they don't want any rubber flip flops like you wear on the beach. Closed toe shoes for the men dock siders or similar slacks and collared shirts. I can't imagine any man going on vacation with out these items but then again I dress mine so he dosen't have to worry about it. The dress code is more relaxed for the woman. Goes back to British colonial tradition in Jamaica I believe. Really gives the restaurants a nicer atmosphere with everyone looking nice.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Sweet, thanks for all the great tips. Im not so much concerned for myself bc I have plenty of dressy sandals and nice sundresses that will work. My husband on the other other hand only has leather flops and work boots lol. I will invest in some close toed sandals for him, and I was thinking some linen pants..after all he will only need to wear those to dinner.
    Thanks everyone

Default flip flop confusion

okay, i am more concerned for my boyfriend than for myself. he is totally a flip flop guy. not rubber flip flops, but the leather American Eagle type flip flop. Other than Feathers, will this be acceptable?

They won't hassle you at any restaurant other than Feathers if the guy's in flip flops unless they're really nasty, horrible flip flops. The leather ones should be fine - except at Feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by heymake View Post
    I dont want to worry about packing alot of shoes and extra clothes just for dinner purposes. I love those shoes, thanks for the link
    Mindy
    Actually, the only clothes you'll need to pack are only for dinner purposes. You are literally in your bathing suit from breakfast until dinner so you will only need one dinner outfit for each night. I didn't reazlize this on my first trip and WAY overpacked. I'd be happy to share any CSA pics or packing lists if that would help (amy.welch@Hotmail.com).
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

What about breakfast? Can I wear my bathing suit and a cover up, and for my husband, his shorts-type bathing suit and a shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by randijean46 View Post
    What about breakfast? Can I wear my bathing suit and a cover up, and for my husband, his shorts-type bathing suit and a shirt?
    My husband and I have been to CSA twice and our daily ritual was to throw our swimsuits on with a cover up for me of course...him a t-shirt with trunks...and our beach flops. Everyone pretty much dresses the same way. That is for breakfast only though.
    I packed like 4 swimsuits/cover ups. Few flops and a dinner outfit for every night we were there. Very light packing.

Yep! You are literally in your bathing suit from breakfast until it's time to go to dinner. So for breakfast and lunch, a cover up over your suit with flip flops and a t-shirt and flip flops for hubby is all you need.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

At CSA if you really want to try Feathers (and honestly, you should at least try it) you should have your husband/boyfriend bring some topsiders/docksiders, khakis and a collared shirt. If your man does not have anything but boots and flip flops, then consider this a good time to go to somehwhere like DSW or Payless and get him a cheap pair of closed toe shoes (he does not have to wear socks of any kind). Please Please Please don't go to CSA without the proper attire and then have a nutty when they turn you away from one of the reservation only restaurants. Understand that people who go there understand the dress policy and are more often than not very happy to comply and treat this as a special event. After all - how often do we get to Jamaica??

That is how we dress for breakfast and right after....we hit the beach!!!
    Kristen

Randi, that will be fine for breakfast.

Thank you all so much!! In a 5-star Mexico all-inclusive, we had to wear shorts or something, but not bathing suits with cover-ups, and if you were a long way between breakfast and your room, it wasted all that time you could have been on the beach!! lol

Randi -

Couples will BLOW the socks off of anything you've been to in Mexico!!
    Kristen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast