Hybrid View

Default Trip report - CTI

We just returned from 7 days at CTI. We had a GREAT time, and are already wondering when we can return.

Trip to get there: I was worried about making all of our connections but it turned out I was worried for nothing. The last leg - from Atlanta to MBJ was the only one that was late - but by just an hour. The ride to Couples was uneventful. We found out from other couples later that they stopped to get beers and had a rest stop. We weren't offered any of that. We were in a van with 2 other couples and we got the feeling that our driver was in a hurry to get home. No big deal though.

Room: Awesome...we had an ocean jr. suite and it was perfect. The view from the bedroom, living room and bathroom were all of the island and the ocean - wonderful!! The mini bar wasn't always stocked with what we requested, which was a little disheartening, but again, not a big deal. Our housekeeper, Jean, did a great job and the turndown service is a small luxury but very much appreciated.

Water sports: we didn't do any. The weather did not cooperate on this trip, but that is the way it goes. We were signed up for the catamaran cruise but it got cancelled on both Wed and Friday. We were content to lay on the beach and at the pool, hang out at the bar and meet other guests and staff.

Food: Again - Awesome!! Mimi-Su (sp?) makes great omelets, making the breakfast buffet even better. We were a little disappointed that the Saturday night beach party had to be moved into the patio. That made it just like any other night at the buffet, which is great, but the beach party is usually a little bit more special. We ate at the Verandah one night and the food was good, but the service was VERY slow. Eight Rivers was very good - we had snook and lobster bisque. It was rich and I paid for it later but it was worth it! Couples has the best soups!!

Staff: Because we had a rainy week, the staff really earned their wage with us. They kept us entertained, happy and drinking! We have been to Couples once before and never really got to know any of the staff very well. This time, getting to know them was really fun and you realize how much they love their job and it shows.

One thing I was frustrated about was the pictures that you usually have taken that you can purchase. Our picture wasn't taken one time the whole week. I wanted to do a Christmas card this year...hopefully our disposable camera did a good enough job.

Well, I know it is long, but wanted to capture it all while it is fresh in our minds.

Thanks for the fine, detailed review, TL B. I think a number of folks in here, including yours truly, are envious that your transfer from the airport was non-stop. Too bad the weather wasn't very cooperative, but as we all know, it's often a roll of the dice when it comes to the tropics, and at least the staff goes beyond the pale to help compensate for this. BTW, I take it the weather was the reason the beach party was moved to the patio, yes?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Yes, I believe the rainy day was the reason the beach party was moved to the patio. The food was still good!!

I know what you mean about the non-stop from the airport. It is kind of a catch-22 - want to just get there, but yet have fun along the way!!

The weather didn't cooperate but, you know, I don't regret anything! We had such a good time! People at work keep telling me I'm too relaxed still (after 3 days back).