Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default NWA/Delta out of Memphis

thought i would give folks flying out of Memphis on a Sunday a heads up. Delta has canceled the non stop from there to Montego Bay just on Sunday as of now. we are looking at other options with our TA .

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Sue and Randy View Post
    thought i would give folks flying out of Memphis on a Sunday a heads up. Delta has canceled the non stop from there to Montego Bay just on Sunday as of now. we are looking at other options with our TA .

Randy
    They've been canceling a lot of flights out of Memphis, and routing them through Atlanta. They did it to us, and were going to put us on a flight landing in MoBay at 7:34 p.m. Fortunately we were able to change things, fly direct to Atlanta from DFW, and get into MoBay and hour earlier than originally planned.

Default Thanks for the heads up

Hi Sue and Randy,

Thanks for the heads up on this. This is usually our stopover from Des Moines, and I'm about to book for December. I'll keep an eye on this.

Thanks again,
    Beergirl

Randy,

Delta messed up our flight back from Montego Bay to Memphis. We ended up staying in Memphis over night. The Memphis hub is a mess right now.

I hope everything works out for you

Yeah, I'd seen that. We used to fly out of Milwaukee through Memphis, but lately its been from our local airports through Detroit. It makes for a long flight, but once we're wheels up out of DTW, we know the next stop is MoBay...

As we get closer to retirement, we'll have to watch for some of those other options to open up. Seems that the Atlanta option going outbound is pretty attractive, but the return sucks (11:00 am), meaning a 7:00 am departure from the resort.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

They still list that flight on their website. Maybe it was just a one time thing.

Default Delta out of Memphis

I have seats on March 7 on the flight. I have always taken this flight but there are certain seasons when they don't fly on Sundays.

As long as they don't change the Saturday flight in August ...... We normally fly out of Little Rock and it's a 6-7 hour trip with layovers. For an hour difference in driving, I can fly out of Memphis and it's only 3 and a half hours and tickets were over $200 cheaper each !!!
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beergirl View Post
    Hi Sue and Randy,

Thanks for the heads up on this. This is usually our stopover from Des Moines, and I'm about to book for December. I'll keep an eye on this.

Thanks again,
    Beergirl
    I have been looking for flights out of DSM, and in Nov/Dec, they still fly out on sat and sun and back on fri,sat and sun.

i kinda felt something like this could happen after watching the airport in St.Louis get gutted of flights after the TWA / AA merger. my TA says that while it still shown on various web booking systems in another system she has it is gone. think we will miss NWA.

Randy

Randy -- sorry to hear about that!

We have reserved our hotel for December but no flight yet. Mike is monitoring the charter flights out of STL.

Hope everything works out for you & Sue!

Linda & Mike

Oh man..that is our new flight for THIS coming Sunday!
    Please tell me it ain't true!!

It looks like once you get into mid-August, the only direct flights from Memphis are on Saturdays. Delta flights the other days of the week are all routed through Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    It looks like once you get into mid-August, the only direct flights from Memphis are on Saturdays. Delta flights the other days of the week are all routed through Atlanta.
    I bet they cut down the number of flights to Jamaica in the summer time, and then ramp it back up during the fall/winter. Last year on our flight down the MBJ, the plane was 100% full on a sunday.

well the fun is still on. our TA called and tried to switch flights and she was told the the change would be put "on request" and could take up to five days. nice to have a final payment in five days and no outgoing flight.

Randy

Folks.....consider it...DONE...the Delta/NWA merger of last year has finally gone through its kinks, I guess...and, just like they said it would, everything is under the name "Delta" now. They say that theflyer miles/points are all still good, but now all the flights(even if previously called NWA) are Delta, the Northwest airlines website<nwa.com> pulls up as Delta, etc.. Hopefully they will maintain Memphis as a hub, as well as Atlanta, as we prefer Mem, and...we travel with our daughter to Mem, where her aunt takes her for a week for spring break, and we say our goodbyes at the departure gate for MoBay there..

We are looking at different flights next December also. They show a Delta on a return 12/10 -12/13, but not on 12/14 the day we asre booked to return on. We are pretty well decided on flying out of Las Vegas as it is a lot cheaper than Salt Lake City. We will even pay a little more to avoid going thru Miami on our return. What a nightmare last December! In May we are taking Delta via Atlanta on our trip to CSS. See you all next December at CSA! Larry and Judi

I just tried to book at ticket on that flight from memphis to MBJ on sunday. It was still allowing me to book. Not sure why they would still sell tickets to a flight they had no intention of making, but maybe it is still on.

After I read the message board about the direct Mem to MBJ I was worried as we leave the 21st. I phoned Delta and was assured that there had been no changes as yet. We've got our fingers crossed. Flew Delta through Atl. in December and had plane problems both to and from. Just want to get to TI and kick back.

well we got a new flight after the 5 day wait. we get to MBJ two hours later and have a much longer travel day but we get there. we always enjoyed our experience with Northwest. i think we will not use Delta for future trips 5 days to change a flight is poor customer service in my opinion.

Randy

Default New MEM-MBJ Delta fiasco

Hi,

Just wanted you all to know... We've been booked on Delta since early January - DSM through MEM December 3rd through 17th. Our friends decided to come with us, so Friday afternoon, we finalized their plans on the same flight with my TA. Got great seats - even together!

Fast forward 16 hours to Saturday morning: Delta has CANCELLED the Memphis to Montego Bay flight on December 3rd, and CANCELLED the Montego Bay to Memphis flight on December 17th. It doesn't show up anywhere - on any day - in December I checked.

They've now got us in an impossible Des Moines to Memphis to Atlanta to Montego Bay - landing in ATL 2 hours AFTER the MBJ flight takes off!

There is a DSM to ATL to MBJ flight, but, like it was said before, it's an earlier start, later arrival, not nearly as good time, deal.

I'll get it straightened out with Delta, but it doesn't look good for that Memphis to MBJ flight from here on out.

Beergirl

Beergirl,

These are the same flights that we usually take. The old NW flight through Memphis was the earliest available into Montego Bay.

Post on how this works out for you. Good luck.

The DSM->ATL-MBJ flight actually arrives earlier and is cheaper for days we are looking. However the layover is 40 min! That is not enough time if there is any slowdowns at all. I have over 50,000 miles on Delta/NWA and I hate to look other places.

i certainly feel you pain. our TA told me today that Delta has been having quite the delay on changing flights due to all the requests.

NWA we'll miss you very much.

Randy

Do these cancellations only apply to weekend flights? We always fly during the week, and will be going through Memphis on April 6 and back to Memphis on the 15th. I haven't heard from Delta of any cancellation-should I doublecheck it with them now or is that useless?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast