Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Purses?

Default Purses?

Do women carry purses around the resort ever (maybe at dinner)?
    If not, do you need to carry anything with you.....if so, where do you put it?

Just so used to having my purse, with all my junk in it---haha!

When I travel to AI resorts, I carry a wristlet. They have become very popular at stores in the US and are cheap ($10 for a basic one and much more for designer versions). It is about the size of a standard white envelope (varies slightly) and has a bracelet type strap. It is big enough for my camera, lipstick, and possibly a few other small things. Perfect for night time/dinner! It fits right on the table for dinner without being in the way! Love it!

I usually pocket whatever Jamie needs for the night so she can be free from the purse monster. Occasionally, she'll carry a cheapo purse for excursions/shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by claerin View Post

A simple rule of thumb my GF's taught me which has served me very well.

Apply a 20-30 time multiplier to the estimated cost of dinner for 2.
    That will put you in the right section of your purse closet.
    For a private dinner at Couples something like a
    Bottega VenetaBambina Handbag would serve you very well.
    The purse is stylish understated easy to pack and carry.
    Hope this was helpful
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't carry one at the resort. During the day everything I need is in the beach bag. At night, I only bring a camera and the room key, which I make my husband put in his pockets.

One of my absolute favorite things about Couples is the vacation I take from my purse. I carry nothing at all, and it's fabulous. You won't feel naked without one, but I've seen people carrying them, if you do.

I always bring a small bag with me mainly for mornings or lunch, so I can carry things like the camera, $ for gift shop or beach vendors and some things we might not want to leave in the room but don't want to put in the safe at the time. (i.e. iPods etc..) I have found that in evenings, unless you bring your camera or some lipstick, they really aren't necessary. I like the idea of a wristlet!

My bride brings a small, stylish bag for our nights out to dinner, the AuraLounge, etc. A girl can never be without her compact!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I use a tote bag to carry things to the beach (e.g., books, sunblock, sunglasses, etc.). In the evening, I have a cute Coach wristlet that I carry and in which I put my room key (if I'm staying at a resort that uses cards instead of actual keys), my husband's reading glasses, and lipstick.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I try not to carry a purse, I let Ted carry lipstick, camera. A good friend of ours crocheted the perfect size purse to take to dinner if you really feel you need anything more which sometimes you just do.

My husband pockets my lip gloss and our camera, so I don't need to carry anything.

My purse goes in the safe when I get there and doesn't come out until I leave. There's nothing personal I need in the evenings but I do sometimes carry the video or camera, so I suppose I could put stuff in there.

I carry my digital camera with me everywhere (on my wrist)! It is quite small, and the cute little carrying case it's in has a side pocket big enough to hold a lip gloss & the room keycard...

I carry a wristlet too. I would feel weird carrying a big purse around the resort.

my hubby usually wears cargo shorts, so what little i need to carry with he will put in his pockets for me. or the wristlet works great too. my problem is i drink too much rum and end up leaving it behind!!!

I found I needed a wristlet for occasions when I was not carrying a beach bag. i.e. shopping the vendors, incidentals at the gift shop, occasions when I wanted my camera, reading glasses, lip balm, tissue, room key ( I didn't like wearing it on my wrist) etc. It's small to pack and nice to have..just in case.

I use a beach during the day to put camera, books etc in. I wouldn't carry it around all day or anything but just bring it to the pool/beach. During evenings I don't usually carry a purse around either. All we would need is a camera and room key and I'll make Nick put that in his pockets

I put what I need in the beach bag during the day like others have mentioned. At night I like to have the camera handy at all times so I have at least the small camera case and even that will fit a lipstick and room key/card. Can't ever think of anything else I've needed in the evening. Give your neck and shoulders a break and leave the purse in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by claerin View Post

...Not really much need. Just something to keep up with.

I don't. One year I took a clutch and put some lip gloss and our camera in it, but soon realized hubby's pant pockets did the trick
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I have a small SAK bag in a soft gold color. It is just large enough for my lipstick, eyeglass case and key. It goes with everything.

Daytime it is all in a beach bag.

purse free for me! why bother with it?
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Depending on where we were going. If we were going to dinner in the evenings, I carried a clutch or wristlet. During the days around the resort or to the pool , I had sort of a beach bag for my camera, ipod, lotion, etc.

I don't even carry a purse on the plane. I use my beach bag as my "personal carryon" and put my wallet in that. I use the beach bag during the day and we if make excursions, I use my camera bag to carry chapstick, id and $$. I do the same in the evening, if I take my camera. Otherwise, I leave everything in the room. No need for cash, and I am not a primpy person. So I do the make up before we leave the room and that's it. I am on vacation. I don't want to have to worry about leaving my purse somewhere.
    Vicky

I know the subject is really about purses, but most of the posts have touched on room keys, so I never thought of asking this till now. Do they use actual keys at Couples for the door locks or are they card keys that you swipe/insert?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast