Default Dinner Reservations

It was recommended to me by a friend that I should make dinner reservations for the whole week on the first day that I get there. This person hasn't been to a Couples Resort but been to many Sandals Resorts. She claimed that it can be difficult to get reservations the day before or day of. This way I would make sure that we get it to the restuarants that we choose. Then if we change our minds, we can always cancel. Do any of find it hard to get dinner reservations?

I can only speak for CN we were there when they had 90% capacity and were able to reserve three times for dinner out of 7 night stay, two nights we ate with others and one night we had a table for two, there is only one restaurant that you need to book reservations, besides they do not book more than three nights out. I think booking all nights and canceling is not a good idea as those seats may have been needed by someone else and than they go empty, I do not know if Couples has a wait list for cancellations but as I said we had no problems with dinner reservations.

Couples is not the S resort! No need to make a whole week of eservations. I expect it's all the pre booking and canceling that causes the problems at the Meaga resorts. We often make same day reservations at Couples. Go , relax and enjoy.

I seem to remember doing that the one time we went to an S resort too. Couples, at least the last time we were there, doesn't allow this. You can only make them up to 3 days in advance. So on a Monday, you can book for Mon, Tues or Weds (someoneone will correct me if I'm wrong ). You can't book out for a Friday on a Monday.

I like this rule, and in fact wouldn't even mind if they reduced it to no more than two days in advance.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

You don't mention at which resort you'll be staying, but you don't have to make any reservations if you don't want to. At CN, for example, Otaheite is the only restaurant that requires reservations. For the other three, you can simply show up when you're hungry.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

At CSA, you can only book 3 days in advance. At CSS, you can book anytime in advance, but you can't book a second dinner at Casanova until you have had your first dinner there (same for Palazzina). Can't speak for the other resorts, but really, we have never had a problem getting reservations, unlike some of the other AIs.

It really depends on how long you are staying. If you are only staying 4 days or 5 days you probably will need to look at reservations the first day.

Default table for two

Okay...now I'm confused. One of the replies mentioned that they made reservations for three nights, and shared a table with others for two of them, and had a table for two for the other night. Is it common practice for Couples to put groups together? I'm not trying to sound stand-offish, but I really just want to enjoy dinner each night with only my husband. Last year at CSS, we only had to share a table at the gala and the beach night. We are leaving for CTI in 30 days, so can someone please clear this up for me? Again, I hope I don't sound stuck up, but we are both in people oriented jobs, and just want a chance to escape and enjoy time together.

Are reservations for a table for 2 difficult? I am staying at CSA. I see that Columbo "ate with others" at CN. Was that by choice or because that was all that was available? thanks!

Lightning- I am with you! I love socializing at the bar and pool, etc. But dinner time - I want a romantic table for 2 to share with my hubby!!!! I has the same question as you!

I can only speak to CSA, but we've never had to share a table with another couple unless we were there with another couple and booked the reservation for 4.

My husband and I are both pretty introverted. Having to share a table with strangers would be torture for us. Honestly, were that the situation, we would go to another restaurant. hahaha, this is also one of the reasons neither of us likes the beach party and we've never participated in the repeaters dinner. Smalltalk is torture.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. Being forced to share a table with another couple is not somethine we've ever experienced (been there 3 times).

I've never "HAD" to share a table with another couple. We have shared by choice a time or two, though.

At CSA, we make dinner reservations for almost every night, and have never had any trouble. The more flexible you are with your reservation times, the better the chance that you'll get the reservation on the day you choose. (i.e. we eat at 8pm, and have never had a problem.)

Alternately, you can just 'show up' at the other restaurants.

Have a fantastic trip.

Let's not get another concern started.

Coulumbo said they "ate with others" not that they were forced to sit with others....

That is not done at Couples....

We've been to both CN and CTI and the reservations resturants have tables that range form 2 to 8 seats. There are times when you go to get a reservation for a particular time that all the tables for 2 may be taken and then you are offered seats at a larger table. You aren't forced to eat anywhere you don't want so if the seating arrangements available don't suit your desires, you can always choose a different reservation time or resturant.
    Ashley

We "ate with aothers" as our choice as they were other couples we became friends with, we were there 7 nights and had FIVE very romantic dinners together!!! Did not mean to start a concern over this.

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post
    Let's not get another concern started.

Coulumbo said they "ate with others" not that they were forced to sit with others....

That is not done at Couples....

Quote Originally Posted by smoo72 View Post
    I can only speak to CSA, but we've never had to share a table with another couple unless we were there with another couple and booked the reservation for 4.

My husband and I are both pretty introverted. Having to share a table with strangers would be torture for us. Honestly, were that the situation, we would go to another restaurant. hahaha, this is also one of the reasons neither of us likes the beach party and we've never participated in the repeaters dinner. Smalltalk is torture.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. Being forced to share a table with another couple is not somethine we've ever experienced (been there 3 times).
    I'm glad you said that about the repeaters dinner. We went last year at CN for the first time and ended up at the table with a group that came there together. I also think smalltalk is torture. They were drunk and loud and we were miserable. We are going to CSA this year and we are seriously talking about not going to the repeaters dinner.

The only time we "had" to share a table with someone at CTI was at the beach party. It was actually a great opportunity to meet some other couples and was an enjoyable evening. Not that I'd want to do that every evening, but it might be an opportunity to meet some nice people.

"We are going to CSA this year and we are seriously talking about not going to the repeaters dinner. "

Just go and check it out - the food and service are great....

try to find a quieter table. You will know you've found one when there isn't someone running over and "claiming" all the chairs by laying them towards the table....We have also seen people coming to that dinner in groups and not allowing others to sit at "their" tables....
    Consider it a blessing....LOL

someof the restaurants won't let you book that far in advance
    and all are closed at least one night during the week!!