Default iPhone and wireless at CTI

Hi Everyone!
    I will be at CTI for the first time from March 29th-April 3rd this year! I am so excited, but have a few questions-

For iPhone/Ipod touch users, were you able to get wireless reception at the pool/beach in order to use Pandora? I rely on that a lot instead of itunes (because it's free!) and wanted to know if I will be able to use it at CTI. I know it's a random question, but I would appreciate any feedback that the seasoned veterans can give me!

I hope this comes across in the right way as it is meant with a pure heart........I admit that I take my iphone with me, but once we get checked in, it goes in the room safe and is not pulled out, turned on o, or even looked at until we leave....usually about 10 days later. Trust me, you don't need it. You will be in paradise with the most beautiful person in your life. There are so many things to do that you can't do after you return home. Enjoy those things and that time while you can and go back to your iphone after your plane ride back....for me, it is the least I can do for the most wonderful woman in the world......just my thoughts.......
    Good Luck,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

The wireless doesn't always reach that far and you might not even be able to get it in your room, depending on what building you are in. Also, just a tip, when you're in Jamaica, you'll want to turn off your Data Roaming and Location services to avoid HUGE charges. Last year, I turned it all off and was able to use my iPhone as just a phone and iPod without any additional charges.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Unless during the renovations, they expanded the coverage of the wireless at CTI, in past years the signal was only really available from the immediate lobby area. There were a few times when we had a room on the floor directly above the lobby that I was able to get the signal, but it was spotty, mostly due to the building being mostly concrete. Possibly someone who has been there in the last few months can let you know if the signal is better.
    E. Lee Cunningham
    Social Technologist, GE
    Atlanta, GA

I would like the answer to this also.

And guess what, AT&T has changed since last year. I called last night - it's $1.99 per minute for calls, $.50 for texts. Or you can add the monthly international plan for $5.99 and calls drop to $1.69 per minute.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Default Wifi Signal

We were at CTI last July after the renovations.
    At this time the signal was good enough to video chat on Skype outside on the Lobby Terrace.

You might just get a good enough signal from the beach if you are close to the terrace. Like Amy said, make sure you do not enable data roaming, it will rack up charges very fast.
    Head to Settings -> General -> Network and ensure data roaming is OFF.

I would also highly recommend using Skype on your iPhone for calling home via wifi. Its a free app, only costs $.021/min, and works well form the lobby and terrace.

Good luck,
    Token

I had wifi access in my room on the 3rd floor just over the swim-up bar. I didn't use my phone at all.. but I was able to upload photos to facebook and what not from my laptop in the room. I was hooking up to the "swim up wifi".

There are some great radio/music stations in Jamaica- you don't need Pandora. Or load your iPod and use it for that.

No, Pandora doesn't work in Jamaica....there is no international service for it there

Awesome! I didn't think I was going to get a reply, and then checked back and there were so many helpful suggestions!

I really only wanted to use my iphone for the music on pandora, and I guess I will make sure to load up itunes instead!

I also didnt think of Skyping on it as well, so that might be a possibility as well.

Thank you all so much for the helpful info! Anyone going to be there March 29-April 3rd?

thanks for all info...

Default enjoy facebook surfing

I completely relax while at CSS, however that doesn't mean that I don't want to check out facebook once a day or look up something on the internet. I am not neglecting my spouse ~ it's no different than reading. Technology can enhance a vacation for many people, as long as it's not used for business or extended conversations that could be handled at home. Surfing facebook totally makes me happy because I can check in with my kids & neighbors & share my pictures with them. I think moms (maybe just this mom...) enjoy the vacation more without WONDERING/IMAGINING what's going on at home. A quick daily check enables me to relax for the rest of the day and enjoy my husband's company all the more! A "goodnight" (sometimes I even forget to do this ~ yes, I told you I do relax...) to my kids enables me to get a peaceful night of restful sleep.

If I didn't have kids, sure, I'd leave my iphone at home, probably...