Default Miscellaneous Worries

Hi Everyone

Last time I went to CSA (Oct 2007) we booked through a travel agent. This time I decided to book myself directly through Couples. I vaguely recall last time there was mention of a "tax" of some type of perhaps $50 per person upon departure. Sort of like a "Port Tax" but I think the name was different. However, at that time, this tax was already included in the price of the ticket last time. I am flying Delta both departing and returning. By chance does anyone know if this fee is included in the airfare?

Also, I recently received notice of an itinerary change, I'm beginning to clearly understand how too many of those "little changes" could potentially MESS UP A PLAN. The new little change will have me departing San Antonio only a few minutes later, but now instead of 45 minutes to catch my connecting flight in Atlanta, I now have even less, only 40 minutes to catch my flight. This is looking potentially "problematic". But I will try not to worry too much. Lots of time for that as my trip is not until October 2010. Thanks.

Wow 40 minutes is cutting it close, nothing like an adreneline rush on the first day of travel. Not wishing any ill will but i would suggest you research now what the contingency plans are if you are delayed getting to A town. As my grandmother used to preach an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure but not as good as an ounce of "incentive"

If your connecting flight is with the same airline, they will wait for you. Be sure you tell your airline hostess, and they will be sure to call to be sure they wait for you ( I have been in the same situation). However, if your flight is very delayed ( weather), then no they will not wait. I do not know if you will get the same cooperation if you are flying 2 different airlines.

United Airlines didn't wait for us. We had a 45min layover and were delayed getting to Chicago about 40min. We were on the shuttle going from terminal to terminal and we could see from the bus that our plane was pulling away. We missed it by 5-10 minutes and it ended up causing us to miss a full day at the resort. We almost didn't make it at all.

If I were you, i'd look to see if there's a flight you can switch to where you have at least an hour layover. You might spend over an hour in the airport but anything beats spending all day in Chicago-Ohare and then the night in Atlanta like we had to.

Good Luck!

Actually, they may not wait for you even if the gate agent says they will. We had a group of 8 traveling for business and they wouldn't hold the plane for us (same airline and we had a number of first class and high sky miles members)
    40 mins in Atlanta is cutting it really close!!!! I agree with steverandlinda and suggest you research your alternates "just in case"
    Ashley

Departure tax is included in all american plane tickets. No worries thee.

do not count on them to wait for you, in the past "maybe" but not so much now.

Atlanta is usually backed up for some reason or another so you will probably be ok, we have ran through that airport many times. Just hope that your landing concourse is the same as your departing consourse.

" If your connecting flight is with the same airline, they will wait for you."

I fly about 50x a year and it has been a long time since a plane waited for me. I absolutely would not count on this at all.

I am Million Miler with Delta, close to a Two Million miler, so I would hope they would wait for me - but they do not.

Papaya -

There was a timeframe in 2007-2008 during which an increase in the departure tax (amounting to USD 2.50 per person) was not reflected in the purchase of airline tickets, and this was being collected at airport check-in. Those tickets have all worked themselves through the system, so unless there has been an additional increase, this won't be a problem.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by schwieso View Post
    If your connecting flight is with the same airline, they will wait for you. Be sure you tell your airline hostess, and they will be sure to call to be sure they wait for you ( I have been in the same situation). However, if your flight is very delayed ( weather), then no they will not wait. I do not know if you will get the same cooperation if you are flying 2 different airlines.
    Hate to tell you but no matter who you are flying commercially they will not wait for you. They have very specific warnings about terminal changes and amount of time to board. In fact they close the gates 10 minutes prior to departure so you really only have 30 minutes if your lucky. Find another route it will be less stressfull and ensure you make it to your said destination.

They will not wait for you, especially in Atlanta. If you cannot change to a later connecting flight, I suggest you ask them to sit you at the very front of the plane. Several times (in Atlanta) I've seen people running hardcore to a gate that closed 20 seconds before they arrived, with the plane still connected and they refused to open the doors.