Thread: I am at CN.

Default I am at CN.

I am at CN for the next 12 days (YIPPEE) if you have any questions I will try and answer them for you?

The place is fantastic!!!

I have a trip planned to CN in May....first couples experience! We are so excited. Can you tell me how the nightlife is there? Do people tend to be in bed early or is there an upbeat crowd thats out at the bars later? What are the happening places at night? Does the music tend to be mostly LIVE bands? Are there any DJs ever or music playing at the bars? Just curious! Hope you have an amazing time!

Hi Bocodo!

Hope you're having a wonderful time.

I do have a few questions, if you don't mind.

1)Have you noticed any sugar free drinks or desserts for diabetics?

2)Any bothersome critters, like Sea Lice, Jelly Fish or Sand Fleas?

3)Regarding the room:I've read that there isn't a free outlet in the bathrooms. Is this true and do you think it would be beneficial to bring a small power cord (with extra outlets) for camera chargers, etc.?

4)Pardon my ignorance here, as we're used to traveling to Mexico, so I usually bring back things like hand painted pottery, vanilla, and blankets. What kinds of souveniers are 'native' to the Jamaican culture and about how much do these items cost on the resort property?

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabuffj View Post
    I have a trip planned to CN in May....first couples experience! We are so excited. Can you tell me how the nightlife is there? Do people tend to be in bed early or is there an upbeat crowd thats out at the bars later? What are the happening places at night? Does the music tend to be mostly LIVE bands? Are there any DJs ever or music playing at the bars? Just curious! Hope you have an amazing time!
    sorry to jump in , but I just got back from there and it was FAB U LOUS!!!! As fro the night life things really die down at 12 and you can keep up as long as you like at the piano bar and usually we had about 3-4 extra couples wonder in and stay for a drink, which sometimes gets to be a laugh! Conray is the bartender there weeknights and he is alot of fun and makes great drinks. There is always stuff going on around the resort but like I said 12 oclock comes and everyone goes their seperate ways. The entertainment changes each night, live music, dj, even a sing along by the piano which always ends up being a good laugh! Don't worry you will have an amazing time.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaA View Post
    Hi Bocodo!

Hope you're having a wonderful time.

I do have a few questions, if you don't mind.

1)Have you noticed any sugar free drinks or desserts for diabetics?

2)Any bothersome critters, like Sea Lice, Jelly Fish or Sand Fleas?

3)Regarding the room:I've read that there isn't a free outlet in the bathrooms. Is this true and do you think it would be beneficial to bring a small power cord (with extra outlets) for camera chargers, etc.?

4)Pardon my ignorance here, as we're used to traveling to Mexico, so I usually bring back things like hand painted pottery, vanilla, and blankets. What kinds of souveniers are 'native' to the Jamaican culture and about how much do these items cost on the resort property?

Thanks for your help!

again I might be able to help here...
    The deserts are very sugarry and there are many to choose from, there is fresh fruit, I would say that there is way more sugary then not.
    as for the insects etc. Its a good idea to spray ankles at night , if you are like me , the little buggers love me and I forgot one night and was covered by sand flee bites. I didn't see any jelly fish only when we were snorkling and they don't sting, only if they have the tentacles.
    There is no outlet in the bathroom for hairdryers etc so I used on in the room near the mirror, there are outlets in the room to charge cameras etc.
    souviners are sold on the beach and are the usual things wood carvings, jewelry, t shirts, paintings. I would recomend walking down the beach and there are some vendors when you go off property, they are not pushy either , say no and they leave you alone.

You are going to have a blast , it is fantastic there, and any other small worries , push them aside there is no worries there!!

My boyfriend and I will be there in 14 days and counting down!!! How has the weather been?? Never stayed at CN before can you shows some pict.?

i could post my pictures but truthfully they do the place no justice, you will be amazed the minute you arrive to the very last second you depart!!

Oh sure Bragg,,,,, really have a great time,,its snowing here today.
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Bocodo,

Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy, it goes by much too fast! Do NOT miss Otaheite! Another one of my favorite things to do at CN... near the scuba pool, there is a hammock hidden in the gardens, go there at night, lay in the hammock peeking through the palm trees to the stars, listening to the tree frogs...... Ahhhh heaven........

Quote Originally Posted by nazcat View Post
    Conray is the bartender there weeknights and he is alot of fun ...
    Conroy L. Kelly is the greatest!!
    Last edited by rudi; February 26th, 2010 at 09:34 AM.

I wish I was in your place...we loved CN last October....only 258 more days to go

Bocodo

Seek out Ms Karen Lanigan and tell her

The APRIL FOOLS are returning. Stock up the bars and hide the grapefruit juice.

Bocodo,

How is the service at breakfast? Does some of the staff not seem to getting along? There is a post from someone who just returned and said their stay at CN was not up to par.

Please, please, please say hello to the guys at the scuba hut from Kait and Glenn and tell them we will be there the 14th! Thank you so much!

Bocodo,
    Please stop by the pool bar and give Ivy Lynn a big hug for me!! Also, tell Sepreion at the pool bar his Americmom loves and misses him!!

Bocodo - I don't know about you but in the morning I am not much of a talker. I just want to get up and smile and thank God that I am still in paradise. I can't wait to drink some of that fabulous Jamaicaan coffee. I also can't wait to have my own personal omelet made. The service at breakfast has always been great for us. Not for once did I ever think the staff was not up to par. I look for all the good things and let me tell you, there are SO many.

Quote Originally Posted by northernmichiganman View Post
    Bocodo,

How is the service at breakfast? Does some of the staff not seem to getting along? There is a post from someone who just returned and said their stay at CN was not up to par.
    Not at all, breakfast staff wonderful, CN fantastic!

I dont want to go home!!

Quote Originally Posted by nazcat View Post
    again I might be able to help here...
    The deserts are very sugarry and there are many to choose from, there is fresh fruit, I would say that there is way more sugary then not.
    as for the insects etc. Its a good idea to spray ankles at night , if you are like me , the little buggers love me and I forgot one night and was covered by sand flee bites. I didn't see any jelly fish only when we were snorkling and they don't sting, only if they have the tentacles.
    There is no outlet in the bathroom for hairdryers etc so I used on in the room near the mirror, there are outlets in the room to charge cameras etc.
    souviners are sold on the beach and are the usual things wood carvings, jewelry, t shirts, paintings. I would recomend walking down the beach and there are some vendors when you go off property, they are not pushy either , say no and they leave you alone.

You are going to have a blast , it is fantastic there, and any other small worries , push them aside there is no worries there!!

Spot on, you will love it here!

Quote Originally Posted by tcharlson View Post
    My boyfriend and I will be there in 14 days and counting down!!! How has the weather been?? Never stayed at CN before can you shows some pict.?
    No pics sorry, weather is great.