Default Is orientation a must?

This will be our first time at CSA. Is it a good idea to go to the orientation upon arrival or can you get all the info another way, ie.package in room etc. So excited to get there,but don't want to waste time in orientation class if we don't have to. Thanks.

Orientation is not a must but it does give you a lay of the land and is interesting. It won't take too much time but you can skip it, all you have to do is ask and find out anything you want to know. Enjoy!

Orientation is only about an hour and it's well-worth it. It will save you time in the long run as you won't have to waste time with figuring things out on your own like how to book dinners, where get towels, where the spa is and how to book it, etc.

The guest guide in the rooms is ok... but to really get a feel for the layout of the resort and everything it has to offer (and I mean everything!), I'd recommend the orientation tour. It only takes about an hour (if that), and you get to see everything about the resort, not to mention that you will meet others who are in wonder for the first time.

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

It's a good idea to go to orientation. This way you are familiar with the hotel and where everything is. You don't spend your days hunting around to find things.

Without the orientation, I would never have known where to find the nurse's office when I needed it.

Not a bad idea to attend. I did not go to the orientation at CN, but I did at CSA. I actually went while my wife went to the gym. She wasn't interested but I was. I'm glad I did it. It did make things easier for the rest of the week. Without it at CN, I felt like it took a few days to really get comfortable with where everthing was. At CSA it was "no problem".
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

It is not that long and you get an update on what the resort has to offer you. Take the time and do it, you will learn something that will make your vacation better.
    Irie Mon

It's a very good idea, particularly with something as sprawling as CSA.

Mind you, we didn't do it until the morning after we got in - we spent the first afternoon settling in and enjoying the beach, and didn't feel like walking around after a day of travelling! But it definitely shows you all the resort has to offer, and then some. Since it's done twice a day, it's pretty convenient.

We'll attend our orientation at CTI as soon as it's available to us, which it may not be on the Saturday afternoon when we arrive. Don't think I noticed it on the schedule in the later part of the day as it is for the other days. Perhaps it's due to the Grand Poolside Gala Buffet being held that evening. And if it's not, then we'll attend either Sunday morning or if we're heading over to DRF during this period, then later that afternoon.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We never did it at either CN or CSS, and I will say while we got along just fine without it, I can see it saving time in the longrun, we did the tour of CSA while staying at CN and it was basically tagging along on an orientation, so we got to see what one was all about. You learn about things going on as well as just the geography.

If you miss it, not the end of the world, but if you can swing it, it is worth doing.

We went to the orientation our first day at CSA and a couple we road to the resort with did not. They told us a few days later that it was a mistake not to attend because they were confused about where things were and how you make reservations and etc. CSA is spread out and you don't want to miss any of its magic.

I would highly recommend it. It may take an hour to do, but it will actually save you time in the long run.

My husband and I are very independent and typically would skip this type of thing. I am glad that we did go to the orientation. The resort is sprawling, and it was nice to take that short amount of time (you can ditch out at any time) to be able to ask questions, and get the lay of the land. The guide will give you the lowdown on all of the classes that they have, what goes on for dining each night, etc. It also gives you the opportunity to meet other couples as well. Trust me, you will be back so it is typically a one time excursion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    We'll attend our orientation at CTI as soon as it's available to us, which it may not be on the Saturday afternoon when we arrive. Don't think I noticed it on the schedule in the later part of the day as it is for the other days. Perhaps it's due to the Grand Poolside Gala Buffet being held that evening. And if it's not, then we'll attend either Sunday morning or if we're heading over to DRF during this period, then later that afternoon.
    It's everyday at 10am and 5pm so you can catch the first one when you arrive! I think we're going to hit it too since so much has changed.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015