Default Couples support group

So we have been home now from CN for 2 weeks and are going threw major withdrawl!! What can be done about it!! I have made daquiris and dirty bananas but they don't taste the same, I have decided that they need to be drunk in a pool and need to be melting due to the weather! We also took someones advice to bring a room spray, which the very first thing I did when we got to CN was spray the room with it ( carribean escape from bath and body shop~ Highly recomend!) now that I am at home , everytime I spray it , it brings me back to Jamaica!! Even my daughter says , Did you spray Jamaica again ? LOL I didn't think a place would have such a huge impact on us but it was a dream vacation and will one day go back , I just wish it were tomorrow!!! Is there a support group I can join??

You need a 12-step program!

Step 1: Book next trip.
    Steps 2 to 11: Pay for trip in 10 equal installments
    Step 12: Go back and enjoy!

It's always so hard after leaving. Your idea about the spray is new to me but I am going to try that this year. I always drink alot of Jamaican Rum and smoke cigars the first few weeks after we get back. I look at the pictures alot.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a cure.. We went in Aug. 2008, and just finally booked our trip back for September this year.. So it will be over 2 years by the time we get there. My hubby and I both still think about a dirty banana so much that we can taste. I still get on the MB all the time to read posts and view pictures, and I have a count down on my board at work to remind me every day that I'll be back in paradise in 210 days and counting.. So we can completely understand!!

Quote Originally Posted by jagorham View Post

LOVE IT!!!!!

The room spray is freaky how much it really works!!! I love it, I spray and walk into it so it stays with me, yes I am really having a hard time LOL!!

Hate the letdown feeling when the trip is over.......

Have you ever done one of those photo albums online? Like Mypublisher.com? They take time, and it is a great rememberance of your trip, and while you are making the album itself, you get to relive the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by jagorham View Post

jagorham is right.....this is truly the only way to easy the pain.

We returned from CTI about June 11th or 12th last year and could not stand the idea of wondering when we would get back. We rebooked by the end of June (2010) for June 2011 on the Love a Way plan. If you book as soon as you get home with this plan, then about 30% - 50% of your trip is paid for when the balance comes due next year. At $100 a month automatically withdrawn from my account, I really don't miss it. I seriously think I will rebook for 2012 as soon as I pay off this years balance. No matter what you do, you have to go back to get rid of the feelings you have. Nothing else will replace it. Good Luck!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

I think that the only cure is to go back as often as possible. I do love the 12-step program though.

I think the closest thing we are going to find to a support group is here on the message board.

Nazcat -

We always have the same problem. We were at CSS the first week of February and had such trouble when we got home that we booked another trip for first week of April. Love your idea of the spray, will have to get some of that!

That's a great idea Marie, we do that with our pictures.

My husband and I were at CTI February 1st to 10th. We have been so depressed since getting home. It was the same for us when we returned from CSA in 2006 and 2008. Couples does something to you. It is like a drug and I'm afraid that "hi, my name is Sharon and I'm a Couplesoholic". I honestly think about our time in Jamaica several times per day. I have the couples message board as an App on my iPhone and check it regularly at work.

We so badly want to book our next trip, but we rely on flying on air miles to Jamaica as otherwise we couldn't afford to go for 10 days (which is a must for us, 7 days just isn't enough, especially when you lose 2 days with travel). With that said, we only have enough air miles saved for one of us at this point. Not to mention we are Canadian so although the love-away plan is wonderful, we never know what our dollar will be worth against the US dollar so it is a gamble to not pay it in full.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only person going through Couples detoxification!!
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Ok, I have to tell you that you are a Couplesholic. Join the club. I have been one for five years. My husband and I spend many nights sitting around and talking about our past experiences at CN. We can't get the place out of our thoughts and really, we don't want to. The only thing that helps is knowing you can go back. We work hard to save enough money to go back each year. We are as excited about going back today as we were the first time!

I wear my repeaters shirt (wearing it now), walk around the house wearing the Flip flops I bought at couples and read the message board all the time. Hubby and I went to CSA in Oct. of '08 and '09 we were then told by our babysitter (hubby's mom) She won't watch the kids for us again until we take them with us on a Family vacation (Go to a cabin in VA in June with the kids). So it will be a while till we get back to Couples I will so need it by then. I am saving my couples shampoo and body wash and lotion for special occasions. It helps to make it less painful to have to wait to go back.

Wow so glad to know that there are more of you out there , I was beginning to think I was going crazy!! My husband is having an even harder time as his job is outside and today is a huge winter storm and I already battled it out getting 5 kids to school . I came home got changed out of wet clothes and started to make a tea, opened my fridge to get the milk and there it was right in front of me , a big bottle of Jamaican rum cream!! YUM!! So tonight while I watch my Canadian mens team kick some ass , I will make us the best I can Dirty Banana to sip by the fire. ( still not the same ) I even have made our wall paper a different picture everyday of our trip , my hubby came home to a shot of his toes looking over the pool to the pool bar, he got home and just moaned!! He just found out he's getting a bonus and said to me , well at least one of us can go back now LOL!! Thanks for all the support to get me threw this trying time LOL!

That is SO funny about the room spray! I haven't tried that, but I do have sort of a similar experience.

The first time my husbnad and I went to CTI (it was COR then), I needed a small bottle of moisturizer for my face, so I picked up a brand I normally don't use, just because it was under the 3 oz carry-on requirement. When we returned home, I went back to my usual brand of moisturizer, but one day I ran out, and had to use the other brand I took to Jamaica. Instantly, I was transported back to the trip to COR in my mind and it just made me smile all over thinking of the great times we had there. Guess what? I use that brand of mosturizer every single day now...and the scent of it never fails to make me think of Jamaica!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JamaicanMeCrazy/

You can always start a local PAR TAA of Coupleholics to band together in support and ease those withdrawal symptoms.

The key is having two trips booked at once. It makes it easier to get on the goodbye bus knowing for SURE you'll be returning one day. And the return to work, house cleaning, and paying bills is a bit more tolerable when you're counting down the next trip!

Quote Originally Posted by gravysgal View Post
    I have the couples message board as an App on my iPhone and check it regularly at work.
    There is an App for the message boards? I'm having trouble finding it....

Default Iphone App

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicanmecrazymon View Post
    There is an App for the message boards? I'm having trouble finding it....
    I'm curious too...how did you add it to your iphone? Thanks

Hello....my name is Amy and I am addicted to Couples. It gets SO much worse as the trip approaches. I can't seem to stay off the message board. HELP!!!!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I think I might be addicted and I haven't even gone yet!!!! So is it wrong to book our next trip before we even go on our first?

Default iphone app

On your Iphone pull up the couples website with your internet. Once the sight has been opened push the plus sign you see at the bottom of the screen on your phone. Then select add to home screen. Your phone will create an icon of the home page of the Couples website. And presto.... Instant Couples access on your iphone. Have had mine for over a year now. FIRST trip this August at CSA.

Jason and Amanda

Our first trip to CN I bought Sweet Jamaica Oil in the gift shop. Whenever I get the "shakes" from JA withdrawal, I open the bottle, spread a little on the back of my hands, and inhale deeply. I buy a fresh one each year. Guess we all have coping mechanisms!

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    I think I might be addicted and I haven't even gone yet!!!! So is it wrong to book our next trip before we even go on our first?
    hahaha i am right there with you!!! I spend so much time on here my love keeps telling me I'm going to have the resort layout memorized before we even get there. =D I'd be okay with that, and I've already started badgering her about when we can go back!!!