Hybrid View

Default Which Couples?????

My other half and I are torn between which Couples Resorts to book (first week in July) We love the beach but we also want to be able to enjoy the au naturel AND we want to be able to party and sleep in luxury! Which location should we choose??????

Quote Originally Posted by debbanks View Post
    My other half and I are torn between which Couples Resorts to book (first week in July) We love the beach but we also want to be able to enjoy the au naturel AND we want to be able to party and sleep in luxury! Which location should we choose??????
    The only resort that doesn't have AN is CSA. You stressed beach and it's fairly accepted that the beaches of Negril are better than those of Ocho Rios. So doing the math, I'd say CN is the resort you should at least consider, altho as always, do your research and keep reading this board to nail down the resort of choice.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

. . . .[W]e want to . . . . sleep in luxury! Which location should we choose??????
    We've been guests at all four resorts. While I like the rooms and find them perfectly acceptable for a laid-back beach vacation, I don't consider any of the rooms to be luxurious.

Take the photo tour for each resort and look at room photos by clicking on the links on each resort's panoramic map. The photos accurately portray the rooms; if you truly are seeking luxurious accommodations, Couples might not be a good fit for you.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

If AN is important, you've at least narrowed down your choice to CTI, CSS or CN (CSA does not have an AN option).

Most people think the beaches in Negril are "better" but that term is different to all of us. I'm a HUGE beach person and I happen to like the privacy of the Ocho Rios beaches.

Here are some quick differences between them:

CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only 5 buildings with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate (though 3 are connected). Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc.
    >
    > CSS - the newest to the Couples resort, but not the newest built. It used to be a Grand Lido then Couples bought it. Also has a completely private beach. Separate beach for nude sunbathing. Resort is spread out and built on cliffs. It's split into 3 different levels, lots of steps throughout. Lots of foliage and hidden spots. Does not offer a catamaran cruise. 3 restaurants but room service. All rooms are suites with mini bars. Rooms are more hotel like as far as the decor.
    >
    > CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. Room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance. All rooms have mini bars.
    >
    > CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Night Club. Some rooms do not have televisions or mini bars. 5 restaurants. No nude sunbathing option. Huge sports complex across the street.

Keep reading this board, look at pictures, see what each resort offers and go with your gut! As long as you're at Couples, you can't go wrong.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thank you all for your answers and I'm pretty sure we're going with CN. Now the question is what category room. I wake up early and would love to be able to sit and chill on the balcony while I wait for my other half to wake up. Of course as I've said we love the beach and water so we want an ocean view room and we don't want the first floor. Any suggestions?????

. . . . I'm pretty sure we're going with CN. Now the question is what category room. I wake up early and would love to be able to sit and chill on the balcony while I wait for my other half to wake up. Of course as I've said we love the beach and water so we want an ocean view room and we don't want the first floor. Any suggestions?????
    Beachfront room or beachfront suite. At check-in, you can let them know that you'd prefer a room on the second or third floor, if available.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Hi Deb,
    We have booked CN the first week of July for our 5th trip!! Can you tell we love it! I do the same thing you do -chill on the balcony while my husband sleeps late. The rooms at CN have a cool Jamaicaan feel to them. They are awesome but not fancy. You could book an Ocean View room which you get a view but it is somewhat back from the beach. We always book Garden view and save the money. We use to do Beachfront but you are not really looking at the beach. I love the Gardenview room, It is so tropical and really, you are still so close to the beach and everything.
    Bottom line- you are going to LOVE it. We may see you there!
    Mariann

Deb, CNs AN beach is not very private. People from other resorts walk along the water line and often stare at those on the AN beach.If private is important to you, I would recommend CSS. CSS has a pool, hot tub, swim up bar and a grill for food. CN has only a bar and a hot tub.

CTI - Have not been

CSA- No a/n area

CSS - Nicer Rooms, Great a/n area, beaches are smallish, Classy

CN- Rooms are good, beach is A+++, non private a/n area

L-O-V-E NEGRIL (it usually is voted as 1 of the top ten beaches in the WORLD)

I would have to suggest CSS. I my opinion they have the best AN area with a huge private beach, great pool with a bartender (Jhaneal) and it's own beach grill. We like it better than CN because it CN doesn't have a "private" beach as gawkers are walking by all day and there is no pool area with a swim up bar. Plus if you want to get something to eat at lunch you have to get dressed and leave the beach area.

We have always gone to CSS the first week of July, our anniversary week, and there are a great bunch of couples that return every year that week too. We refer to ourselves as the Sunset Beach Bums.

I have some really good photos of the SSB area of CSS, including full panoramas of the beach and pool, if you would like to see.
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/couplesresortsphotos/

Regardless of you choice in resort, trust that you will be in paradise.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013