Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: January 2011

Default January 2011

Sounds like such a long time away, but my husband, Allan and I have booked a stay at CSS for Jan 8-16 of 2011. (The deals were TOO good to pass up!!)

Luckily we have a trip to CTI coming up this June as well; our third time there! So we'll get our "Couples Fix" for a while. We have only been to CSS on a trading places day, but so looking forward to spending an entire 8 nights there. Loved SSB and the whole facility is gorgeous. Too excited!!!

Anyone else book for January '11 yet?

We'll be booking soon for Jan. 2011. Unfortunately, after you leave Allan_Angels. In '09 we had the pleasure of being TI refugees at SS and absolutely loved the resort. We also had the pleasure of having some of the staff that were at TI at SS!! Both resorts are fabulous in their own way. We found that with TI we would go back and forth to our room but with SS we'd pack our bags and be gone for the day. We absolutely loved SSB, it was like having our own private oasis. Your going to love the experience!! We have friends who now split their two weeks stay between TI and SS. So, no worries mon!!

RajaRod, did you book yet? Just curious what dates you picked. With the prices being so great, I bet a lot of people start booking for 2011 soon!

This trip can't come soon enough .... I know, I know ... we will be leaving for CTI tomorrow. But still, can't get enough of Couples CTI OR CSS.

Couples ... take me away !!!!

Rod! Are you and S going to be at CSS this January?! I hope you're going the same week as D & M, since we'll be there too!

Hi allans_angel, sorry to hijack your thread and not answer the question! We'll be at CSS Jan 15-22, so we might meet you. I see you are a member of the large group of people who know Dave and Mary. I heard they will be at couples around this time too. I can't wait!

Default Returning to Paradise...just not soon enough

We were at CSS for the first time this year at Valentine's Day and will be returning January 14-21 2011. Look forward to meeting more great friends.

Quote Originally Posted by krazykeith View Post
    Hi allans_angel, sorry to hijack your thread and not answer the question! We'll be at CSS Jan 15-22, so we might meet you. I see you are a member of the large group of people who know Dave and Mary. I heard they will be at couples around this time too. I can't wait!
    No problem! Yes, we have met Dave & Mary at CTI twice (back when it was COR). They are a great couple! I bet we'll run into you since our time overlaps. Looking forward to it!

Allans_angel, we'll be at SSB, so if you're there, we're sure to meet!

Nick&Nora, sounds like you've been bitten by the Couples bug! Welcome, and you picked a great week to go back!

Default questions for Krazy Keith

So Krazy Keith, is there a regular group that heads to CSS every January? When we were there in February we were a little disappointed in how much it rained during our week. We were probably 50-50 sunshine and rain. Is January similar? Is it worth a day of our trip to trade places to CTI?

Nick & Nora - it is definitely worth it to do a trading places day to CTI!!

Default January 2011

We are part of that crazy group that hangs out with krazy keith. we will there 1/15-1/22. Cant wait.

I don't know if I'd call us a "group" per se, but we met a bunch of really fun people a few years back and we've kept in touch and tried to book at the same time ever since. Of course we meet new people each year, so it certainly starts to resemble a group!

Yes, we visited TI last time and it was great and we'll do it again this time. It's definatly worth doing. We just like the grounds at CSS better, so that's our home.

The weather is impossible to predict, but so far we've been pleased with the weather during our weeks there. It does rain often in the evening for a short time, but we usually only have one day during our stay where it rains for much of the day.

Hi there!! Arthur and Jody will be at CSS for our first Couples visit from Jan 19-27. We rescheduled it from July because I just ruptured my appendix. We are looking for an active week of sports, drinking, being with each other, relaxing and meeting people. We are looking forward to some good volleyball games. We are from NY and by then will be 51 and 50 years old.

I don't know if I'd call us a "group" per se, but we met a bunch of really fun people a few years back and we've kept in touch and tried to book at the same time ever since. Of course we meet new people each year, so it certainly starts to resemble a group!

Yes, we visited TI last time and it was great and we'll do it again this time. It's definatly worth doing. We just like the grounds at CSS better, so that's our home.

The weather is impossible to predict, but so far we've been pleased with the weather during our weeks there. It does rain often in the evening for a short time, but we usually only have one day during our stay where it rains for much of the day.
    Thanks for the info. Since we have been to Dunn's River Falls we were thinking about spending a day at CTI this time. We tend to stay off by ourselves when we can vacation without the kiddos, but it would be great to travel over with a group of folks from CSS that have been there before. We want to try the restaurants and check out the island. It would be hard to top SSB, but it seems to have a charm of its own.

Hi Arthur and Jody! I think you'll enjoy CSS. I've only met two people who didn't, and I think they were just mad that TI was closed, and nothing would have satisfied them!

Nick&nora, we used to be the same; mostly kept to ourselves at couples. But then we met this group and our vacation was even more fun (can you imagine?). That's what's nice about couples--you can make your vacation whatever you want!

Wow! Sounds like we picked the right dates to be at CSS!
    We are arriving on the 18th for 7 nights with 2 other couples that we met 2 years ago at CSA and have vacationed with ever since. Isn't couples great? Last year we all went to CTI and it was just ok, did trading places to CSS on day 8 and moved there on day 9 for the balance of our stay. Just loved it!
    Marnie and Dave
    Orangeville ON

Is every guy in Canada named Dave? J/K

There's really no bad time to be at CSS, but we'll sure try to make it a fun time for everyone, as long as you promise to do the same!

Absolutely!
    We are all couplesholics and some may consider us a "grouple!!"
    All 3 couples have booked penthouse suites and hope to be in the same building. We spend our days on Sunset Beach, go to all of the entertainment and 3 of us play golf.
    Let's hope the weather this January is better than it was last January!

Marnie and Dave

Default Countdown!

Our countdown calendar says 138 days today. We're still enjoying summer here in Oklahoma, but we will definitely be looking forward to some sunshine on SSB by the time the countdown is over with!!

Hi Allans-Angel;
    Our countdown clock says 140 but that is to our stay at Swept Away. We don't get to CSS until January 18th.

Lucky! Mine's at 145. Plus you got to go in June too! What's it like in Jamaica in the summer? For some reason I just don't think it would be as great as winter...

Lucky! Mine's at 145. Plus you got to go in June too! What's it like in Jamaica in the summer? For some reason I just don't think it would be as great as winter...
    Actually, it wasn't a whole lot different than the weather in January...perhaps a tiny bit hotter, but it just felt like good ol' Jamaica to me! It was actually nice to not have ice on the ground when we came home in June.

Jan 8-16. That's right. I remember reading how bad the weather was last Jan. Is that usual for that time of year?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast