Default Ocean View Room at CN

We have been to CN many times but I am still not clear on what rooms/floors are considered Ocean View. Is it the 2nd and third floors of Buildings 7 and 8? We have always been in Garden View or Beachfront. We will be able to get a room upgrade this year through all our points in Romance Rewards and I am wondering if it is worth it? Can somebody tell me exactly where is Ocean View?

from the room descriptions here online, it seems like the ocean view rooms are on the ends of all the building blocks on the second and third floors. Which confuses me as well, since I thought those were where the beachfront suites were located. I wouldn't get your hopes up on that room upgrade though, from what I have read on this message board, the RR room upgrade VERY RARELY occurs. I have yet to see/read one post from someone who did receive a RR room upgrade. I assume this is just such a hard perk to honor since there are so many people coming/going each day as well as the resort often being near or at capacity.

I can tell you we had an oceanview but I don't remember what the building was. I can tell you the first morning we realized our oceanview was of the nude beach. But we just said... oh well......it's a great view of the ocean. We were in the building right behind the wedding gazebo.

Hello, we were in an Ocean view room in Oct 2008 it was room number7209, it was lovely it was right behind the wedding gazebo we would not have had a nicer positioned room the sea view was ovely to wake up to every morning but i think ocean view CTI has the edge
    49 days and counting until we return to CTI

We stayed in bldg 7 last year, on the second floor. The view was really nice...we could definitely see the ocean. But I am also not sure which buildings have ocean views and which ones do not. Of course you'll be in paradise so I know the room will be good. Enjoy!

We stayed in room 7307 and we could see the ocean from our bed!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your response. Really, I will be just be thankful that I am able to be back at CN. It is all good.

Default Oceanview room

Hi -

As many times as we have been to CN, I don't know which rooms are categorized as Ocean View. I wish someone could post a map showing the specific rooms and their categories.

Heck - maybe we ARE ALREADY getting an upgrade every time through RR, and don't know it!

Beergirl

Quote Originally Posted by Beergirl View Post
    As many times as we have been to CN, I don't know which rooms are categorized as Ocean View. I wish someone could post a map showing the specific rooms and their categories.
    When we first stayed at CN in 1999, we went to the dinner for returning guests, and I was seated next to Gary Stephens, who was CN's general manager. He explained that beachfront rooms and suites were in Buildings 1, 5, 6, and 9; ocean rooms were in Buildings 7 and 8; and garden rooms were in Buildings 2, 3, and 4.

It doesn't appear that this is the case any longer b/c a number of people have reported being placed in garden rooms in Building 1 or ocean rooms in Building 9.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

In addition to those in block 7 & 8, there are a few Oceanview rooms in blocks 5 and 9. Or at least there were... we get the idea that the categorization may be fluid and may have changed a bit over the years.

Default Map would be nice

Hi again,

That's what I mean - I can't SEE what my extra few dollars would pay for if I upgrade.

Beachfront and garden suites are pretty self-explanatory, but the "fluid" classifications between garden verandah and ocean verandah rooms make it hard to know which level we're buying. And, it makes it hard to know whether we've received an upgrade.

Not that there's any really BAD rooms, though !!

Beergirl

Wow, this all very interesting. I seems that there isn't a clear picture of what is Oceanview. I too have stayed in building one in Gardenview. Maybe the rooms in that building closest to the water are Oceanview? The description of the room location is very vague in the Accomodations.

rudi- I think you may be right. The categorization may be fluid.

I thought I replied to this thread yesterday, but don't see my response, so maybe I didn't.....anyway, we were in building 8 in November on the third floor and the view was absolutely wonderful of the beach, though it was distant, it was still a great view. Also had the wedding gazebo and the pond just in front of us as well and that was really nice to sit and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    We have been to CN many times but I am still not clear on what rooms/floors are considered Ocean View. Is it the 2nd and third floors of Buildings 7 and 8? We have always been in Garden View or Beachfront. We will be able to get a room upgrade this year through all our points in Romance Rewards and I am wondering if it is worth it? Can somebody tell me exactly where is Ocean View?

....We had an "Ocean View" room at 9306. This also is a good "Nude Beach View" room as well.

Default trabar65

we stayed in room 1303 which was in block 1 with the grill bar right beneath us we was on the top floor and 3rd from the end of the block nearest the beach it had fantastic views and was close to everything but also very quite late at night so perfect i believe this was ocean view/beach front i cant wait to go back and have never had the holiday blues so bad,enjoy ur hols

That's what I mean - I can't SEE what my extra few dollars would pay for if I upgrade.

Beachfront and garden suites are pretty self-explanatory, but the "fluid" classifications between garden verandah and ocean verandah rooms make it hard to know which level we're buying. And, it makes it hard to know whether we've received an upgrade.

Not that there's any really BAD rooms, though !!

Beergirl[/QUOTE]

Default A Map Would Be Nice

Beergirl- You are absolutely right. A detailed map of the property with all the room categories labeled would be nice!