Default Dont open!! Silly question!! Haha

So how is the atmosphere on the plane from Miami to Jamaica? I mean everyone knows your heading to Jamaica too at that point and so are they, so do people talk and conversate about which resort and make plans to meet up or what have you? Dumb question I know but I was just wondering.

Well, not everyone on the flight is going to the same resort, let alone the same city (Montego, Ocho, Negril) but we have found that people are jovial and a lot friendlier than on regular flights. Most are in vacation mode and chat about where they're going. Now, once you get to the Couples lounge and get on your bus, then you will be with other Couples that you can meet up with for drinks at the resort.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

At the Christmas holidays, our flight is about 1/2 Tourists and 1/2 Jamaicans returning home. It's a red-eye, so the atmosphere is that most people are asleep and just want to get off the plane and through Immigration and Customs. Not a lot of socializing.

A LOT happier than on the flight from MBJ to Miami!!! The time goes pretty fast, be sure and have a pen with you to fill out customs papers on the way. Not everyone is going to resorts, on our last flight we were seated with a man who was going home to Montego Bay.

Now I sat by the coolest, weirdest person. He was an old guy with a farm cap with a Kansas Ranch advertised on it. He sat and never once got up to move the entire trip. He also "twiddled" his thumbs. He reminded me so much of my grandpa, but I knew that he was not a social man (neither is my grandfather - so I totally respected his privacy and space) but it was really neat to just sit and watch him do nothing but twiddle his thumbs. Our flight was long and boring. But our flight back was hilarious because we were all returning from vacation and had stories to share.

Thank you Amy for opening this and answering my dumb question.

Never forget that , even though you are in a joyous, vacation, party mode....there is always the chance that you<like we have on 2 occasions> may be sitting next to someone who is about to bust their tail for a good spell in the mission field...while the beach flag service brings you a cocktail, they may be trying to keep a primary school running, or a clinic open....It felt weird to us last trip as we felt ready to get the vibe going and when bev service came around we ordered 2 bloody mary's apiece, before our aisle mate introduced himself as a missionary from an OK church....it was all good tho as I think he was more prepared for this encounter than us...now I know enough to ask "Are you on vacation?"

Quote Originally Posted by AHammon View Post
    So how is the atmosphere on the plane from Miami to Jamaica? I mean everyone knows your heading to Jamaica too at that point and so are they, so do people talk and conversate about which resort and make plans to meet up or what have you? Dumb question I know but I was just wondering.
    ...Going non stop from Memphis to Jamaica, it was like we were going to Detroit. Like you, I would have thought this would be a "Party Plane". The "bus" ride to the resort wasn't any better.

All it takes is just one person to loosen up the entire group on the bus. Sometimes its the driver. Sometimes not. I'm a part time musician, and I can tell you from personal experience.... Sometimes you've just got to tell people its OK to start having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    All it takes is just one person to loosen up the entire group on the bus. Sometimes its the driver. Sometimes not. I'm a part time musician, and I can tell you from personal experience.... Sometimes you've just got to tell people its OK to start having fun.
    You're exactly right! We've also found that since it's a couples resort, some people are afraid to the first to be social but we are always ready to break the ice and get the "party bus" going!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015