Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Yazmon Live @CSA

Well we made it. It was a long day. Up at 3 am. First flight to Chicago at 6 am. Everything went smooth and we landed in MoBay at 3 pm. Big line at Immigration, but they went fast. Had several Red Stripes at the Couples lounge. We waited about 20 minutes for 3 other couples. We had 6 couples in the van 4 to CSA and two for CN.

Since we were aware of the road construction I had packed a cooler. We had the driver stop at the Shell station just a ways from the airport. We loaded up with 18 Red Stripes and were on the road. The construction wasn't too bad. It's when you get to the edge of MoBay. They are making the two lane road into 4 lanes. It maybe added only 10-15 minutes to the trip. We are taking TimAir back. I don't really want to leave here 5 hours before.

Check in went smooth. Off to our room 2128, an Atrium suite with a view of the ocean. We had dinner at the Palms and then passed out in bed.

Laying in bed this morning I could hear the waves. 3-4 footers. They were washing all the way up to the side walk. The sun is out, but it's probably in the upper 70's. My wife was out on the beach at 8:30. I'm in the lobby doing email. It's alot more fun to do work in shorts and flip flops!!

More to come--time to head out to the beach.

Hi Yaz! Glad you made it home. The waves were coming in up to the sidewalk this morning? Holy cow! Have an awesome vacation. I'll keep my eyes peeled for updates from you since you brought your laptop, if you feel inspired to do so, that is. Love reding the live updates. Tis a little slice of home until our next return. Please say hi to Elvis from Wendy & Sal. Can't wait to see his smiling face when we come home April 1st. Again, have a blast and a rum punch for me - yum! Razzl

2 to 3 foot waves???????? Is there a storm coming? I have never seen much of any waves at CSA.
    Last edited by lrhalley; February 27th, 2010 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yazmon View Post
    Well we made it. It was a long day. Up at 3 am. First flight to Chicago at 6 am. Everything went smooth and we landed in MoBay at 3 pm. Big line at Immigration, but they went fast. Had several Red Stripes at the Couples lounge. We waited about 20 minutes for 3 other couples. We had 6 couples in the van 4 to CSA and two for CN.

Since we were aware of the road construction I had packed a cooler. We had the driver stop at the Shell station just a ways from the airport. We loaded up with 18 Red Stripes and were on the road. The construction wasn't too bad. It's when you get to the edge of MoBay. They are making the two lane road into 4 lanes. It maybe added only 10-15 minutes to the trip. We are taking TimAir back. I don't really want to leave here 5 hours before.

Check in went smooth. Off to our room 2128, an Atrium suite with a view of the ocean. We had dinner at the Palms and then passed out in bed.

Laying in bed this morning I could hear the waves. 3-4 footers. They were washing all the way up to the side walk. The sun is out, but it's probably in the upper 70's. My wife was out on the beach at 8:30. I'm in the lobby doing email. It's alot more fun to do work in shorts and flip flops!!

More to come--time to head out to the beach.
    18 red stripes for the ride ... my man pots and pans NICE
    great way to kick off your holiday

I am so looking forward to our vacation - 42 days to go. Wow, big waves - there were no waves when we were there in April 07, a few waves would be nice! Have a great time.

I'm so jealous. It sounds perfect. Enjoy!

sounds great. have an awesome stay.

Randy

This sounds great. The waves are from a cold front. Hope the weather is good all week for your trip.

We went for a run this morning. When you go down the beach, towards town, there were 3 foot high mounds of seaweed--YES, 3 foot high. There was a cold front off The water is back to normal today and the clean up has begun. CSA's beach is fine. Just a little mess to clean up.

We spent Friday morning at the sports comples pool. Lunch at Seagrages- the snapper sandwich was awesome!! Then we moved down to the beach. The wind had died down and the tide had receeded. Dinner at Patois. I had the blackened Mahi Mahi, it was great. We went to bed early.

Dudemon--no Heinz at the Cabana Grille, just Jamaican ketchup.

Elvis is doing great. Business is slow. No para sailing for the two windy days. He's back at it today.

YazMon - Great to see your first post! I have been looking forward to it for about a year as you know you always get "home" about two weeks before me. So I know when I get your field report I am almost there! Dont forget American ketchup??

Glad to see you posted Yazmon's travel tips (I think you did few more than 18 last year?) Have a good one and try to keep the sand out of your keyboard.

DudeMon

Hope that doesn't mean too much in the way of beach erosion....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

No real beach erosion. This morning it's windy and one foot waves. There is a front that blew over and the sun is out now.

Last night, Saturday, was lobster night. Started off at the Martini Bar with a couple of drinks. We then went to Patois for grilled lobster--excellent. I had steak, too. The steak was a little tough, but we are spoiled with Midwestern, Angus beef.

Tonight we are off to Lemongrass.

Thanks Yaz. Love reading whatz up straight from the beach! Sounds like all is well & you're enjoying. Razzl

Dinner at Lemongrass was great!! Sampler platter to start and Pad Thai noodles with shrimp. Dessert was a chocolate martini over at the Martini Bar. In bed by 9 pm. We aren't real exciting. We do get up early (6:30 am) and have coffee on our verandah. My wife is about 10 shades darker that I am, so she is out in the sun by 9 am.

The weather has been great. Lots of sunshine and no rain. The ocean is starting to calm down. We had a lot of wind all day yesterday. It's fairly calm today.

Our traveling companion turn 49 today. We are skipping the repeaters dinner and going to Feathers. We may hit the Manager's cocktail party first.

We usually go to Seagrapes for lunch. My wife always has the grilled snapper without the bread. I've been going into the Palms and getting a plate. Curried goat yesterday--YUM..

Plenty of chairs on the beach. The resort is 100% full and there are always empty chairs.

We watched the US vs Canada hockey game, at the sports complex, yesterday. It was almost like being at the game. About 30 Canadians sitting up front and 20 Americans sitting around the bar. Canada scores first and the people up front cheer loudly and then the second Canadian goal. The US finally scores and we all cheer. The Canadians stand up and look back at us and say "where did they all come from" we all had a good laugh!!! Great game. It was good to see Sid the Kid get the game winner.

DudeMon -- no American ketchup. You better bring your own.

No Tom & Jill this year. Where is the potato chip Barron and his lovely wife????

There is a lot of new concrete in the original section. They are re doing all of the walk ways. Our Atrium room has the new bathroom. The funky colored tile is gone.

It's been a great trip. Paradise is wonderful.

Awww, this is so nice of you to keep us updated. Thanks Yaz! Razzl

We saw Lee Issa at Seagrapes today. He just came in from Ochi. He'll be at CSA for a couple of days. It's nice to see the owner and stop and chat. How many other resorts do you even know who the owner is??

The weather was perfect today. The wind is calming down and the ocean is not as rough. The water sports guys say tomorrow will be perfect!!

The menu at Seagrape switched today. We now have fish tacos.

Feather's tonight details tomorrow!!

Default Canadians can now enjoy thier vacation!

Yazmon -- sounds like you are off to an excellent start - and I am sure you will finish well!

I was thinking after watching that US Canada Hockey match that in a way I was hoping for a Canadian win, because, I figured if they lost the whole of Canada would be in a foul, pissed off mood or deep depression for years. Imagine what the rest of those Canadians CSA week would have been like if the USA took the Gold?

I wonder if they have Heinz in Vancouver??

Dudemon

They might have Heinz in Vancouver,but the don't have the CSA beach!!!

The water sports guys have been working their @ss off. With the rough seas brings a lot of seaweed washing ashore. They are saying that today will be the last day that they have to clean it up. The water is back to normal. Nice and calm without any waves.

My wife actually went to breakfast this morning. It was overcast until 9 am. We split an egg white omelet with veggies. Some other friends about fell out of their chairs when they saw her walk in. It's the first time that she has ever been in the Palms before 12 noon.

We had dinner at Feather's last night. We talked to Chris (the big man) his kids are now 5 (boy) and 2 (girl) he's such a great guy. Even though he didn't wait on our table he still made sure that we were taken care off. Our buddy, Dan, had his 49th birthday. CSA even had a cake for him after dinner.

I'll relate to you a story that came first hand from a guy on the beach. He and his wife were married on the beach, a few days ago. Their entire wedding party (14) were supposed to be in Beachfront Verandah rooms. When they got in their party was put in other rooms. CSA explained to them that because of the bad weather in the states people are extending their stays or because of missed flights are staying and extra day. We are one of them. We went from 8 days to 11 days!!! After a couple of days they did get everyone moved into the correct rooms. The staff then set up a beach dinner for all 14 people. Steak and lobster all around. They didn't have to do it, but they wanted to make it up to this wedding party. Top service, again, at CSA.

Default Water sports - looking for seymor

Do you know if a guy by the name of Seymor is working there now. He would be part of the Dive staff or Watersports staff. I would greaTly apreciate it. When werE were there in October he was still at Sandals and now is gone. He was talking about getting a job at couples swept away wondering if he did.

Thank you,

Janelle Throne
    Travel Agent

Quote Originally Posted by yazmon View Post
    I'll relate to you a story that came first hand from a guy on the beach. He and his wife were married on the beach, a few days ago. Their entire wedding party (14) were supposed to be in Beachfront Verandah rooms. When they got in their party was put in other rooms. CSA explained to them that because of the bad weather in the states people are extending their stays or because of missed flights are staying and extra day. We are one of them. We went from 8 days to 11 days!!! After a couple of days they did get everyone moved into the correct rooms. The staff then set up a beach dinner for all 14 people. Steak and lobster all around. They didn't have to do it, but they wanted to make it up to this wedding party. Top service, again, at CSA.
    Wow. I would have been upset. They paid in advance for a BFVS, yet were bumped for someone who had not? I feel he new guests should have been top priority and those extending their stay should have been moved to whatever was available.

Wednesday morning we awoke to a big rain storm. About 5 am the sky opened up. It was still spitting rain as I went to the Palms to get coffee at 7 am. It looked like one of those gray Midwestern days where it rains all day long--WRONG you're in Jamaica!! It cleared off and by 10 am it was completely sunny. It was very windy all day, but still another great day on the beach.

We did make a trip to the gift shop to try and spend our resort money. I bought a pair of board shorts, a t-shirt, a few cigars for friends. My wife bought a few Christmas ornaments and we still have money left over. Our friends have been to the spa, but we have not--not really our thing. We would rather sit on the beach.

We went to Lemongrass again last night. My wife had the lamb and she proclaimed it the best that she's ever had. And this is coming from a farm girl who's had fresh lamb!! I had the Pad Thai noodles with shrimp, again. It's hard to mess with a good thing. Chocolate martinis at the Martini Bar for dessert. Another end to a perfect day in paradise.

Thursday is starting off sunny and cool. It might be in the mid 70's. No real plans for the day, sit on the beach, Feathers for dinner.

Wow! We had a similar situation at CSA. We booked 4 rooms; 3 Atrium and a beachfront suite. It was our 40th wedding anniversary and vow renewal and we were bringing our three children and their spouses with us. The idea was to have our rooms close together. As it turned out, we were given 1 Atrium, 2 garden verandah rooms (complete opposite end of the resort) and the beachfront suite. There was no explanation, no apology and no compensation offered. It really soured my opinion of CSA!

Thanks for the update on Chris. He’s one of the few staff members that we recognized from our last visit. Chris is a hoot. He does a great job at Feathers.

Hey Yaz! It was great to be able to talk with you and the others last week. Be great to get together again sometime as well. We made it home about 11:40 last night. It sucks to be back here in reality. Have fun the rest of your stay! Hi to everyone else for me. Send me your email address I have some more on "my saga" to share. my email is wedo01@comcast.net.

later,

Jeff

Yazmon, we are going to csa in 35 more days and your updates make the wait more bearable. thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast