Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mid 20s....too young??

My husband and I are coming to CSS on 4/6 and I am trying to talk him in to going on SSB. It's our first time @ Couples and I want to experience it all. I keep seeing that the guests at this resort are a tad older than we are, especially on SSB. We are 23 & 26....should we come out to the AN beach anyway or are we going to feel completely out of place? Thanks!!!

if you are in your 20's and in shape like most of us were in our 20's then yes you will be out of place lol.... personality and vibe wise i think you will have fun
    during our stays at SSB we normally see 1 " young couple make it over right before they leave and they kick themselves...
    the vibe on SSB is top notch

Default Never too young

While we did notice that the average age was mid-30's to 40's when we were there, there were still a few couples in their early to mid 20's. Don't let age stop you. The people at SSB are the best and look past age and appearances. We made some life long friends on our trips.

Enjoy! I have not been back for 3 years and I miss it.

You should absolutely go!

Honestly, don't worry about age... it means nothing to the people on SBB. My fiance and I are 32 and 33... except for our first day on Tower Island, I think we were the youngest couple there but it didn't matter at all. If you want to socialize, the people in the AN portion of any couples resort are by far the most friendly and if you want to be left alone, there is usually a place you can go to experience AN without people bothering you. At Tower Island, you go on the right side of the island and you'll be pretty much alone with the waves and your lover.

Bring a book if you are not planning to socialize! But if you do socialize, you'll quickly forget any age gap.

Default Mid 20s....too young??

We arrive the day before you. We've been to CSS once before and loved SSB. Age doesn't matter. You'll fit right in. You can socialize around the pool, or spend quiet time together on the beach. Either way you'll have a great time and it's very liberating.

You will be fine ...... I wish I would have done it at that age.
    Lucky you !

No problem. All ages are at SSB

When we were there last year (July 09)

campbecn
    When we were there last summer (July 09) there was another couple that were newlyweds and were in their mid 20s
    they seemed to have a great time
    Couples is about the romance in your heart not your chronological age

We had plenty of young people at CTI during Christmas. My wife is 25, I was 29...now in my 30's We met a lot of people on the clothed side, told them how much fun it was and soon enough, it was packed with 20-somethings (plus all other ages as well).

Plus we had the 20-year old couple who was recruiting everyone to come to the island. Never had good enough weather to go with them but it was fun to drink with them on the mainland.

We've kept in touch with a bunch of couples from our AN experience and we're trying to get something together to all reunite at some point. I think the older crowd is a more comfortable with the imperfections in their bodies than the younger crowd which is why it's typically an older crowd on the AN areas.

Just do it...it was one of the best experiences of our lives and we can't wait to do it again!

campbecn

Age means nothing. It's your vacation GO and ENJOY.

Quote Originally Posted by campbecn View Post
    My husband and I are coming to CSS on 4/6 and I am trying to talk him in to going on SSB. It's our first time @ Couples and I want to experience it all. I keep seeing that the guests at this resort are a tad older than we are, especially on SSB. We are 23 & 26....should we come out to the AN beach anyway or are we going to feel completely out of place? Thanks!!!
    Compliment yourself on having the self-confidence (and/or not caring what other people think) that most of us didn't discover until our 30s. The mentality of those that enjoy the A/N experience is what allows everyone to have such a great time - regardless of age, race, or body time. You'll have a blast!

Don't worry about age at all, while a good bit older than you, we usually do meet a few folks in their mid 20's on most of our visits. We'll be at CSS (SSB)a few days after you arrive, hope to meet you, I'll buy the first round! Cheers

Not at all...Most of us "older crowd" act like we're in our 20's again anyway so you'll fit right in!! lol Have fun!!

Default Right ON!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgroup View Post
    Not at all...Most of us "older crowd" act like we're in our 20's again anyway so you'll fit right in!! lol Have fun!!

Right on Hawkgroup, just because we grow old(er) doesn't mean we have to grow up! 40 days and counting!

I started at 17 at Pirates Cove along the California coast. Don't want to tell you how many years ago...

Bilkat

My wife and I first went to Couples TI when we were 22 and 23. 15 years later, we haven't gone to any resort that isn't clothing optional or nude. We were typically the youngest people there during many of our trips, but it never was an issue since everyone is so friendly and easy to talk to that you don't even think about age. I would still say that the majority of people are in the mid 30's to mid 50's, but we typically see plenty of couples in their 20's and early 30's. We get there the day before you arrive so if you come over to SSB we would enjoy talking more about it. I'm sure you have seen other threads recommending that you don't wait until your last day to try it, but its always worth repeating. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great trip!

Alright Billy no bashing us on how old we have become.

My wife and my first AN experience at CTI was when we were 23. We experienced TI and SB at age 26. We are returning this June and we will be on the Island everyday except for when we do traiding places and we will be on SB. You will never meet people like the people you meet AN.

Trust me when we tried it at 23 we were nervous as all get out. The first day we stayed to ourselves except when I went to go get us drinks. The second day we were a little more adventerous and walked around the Island, got in the pool and actually talked to "those" AN people. FYI we consider ourselves one of "those" people now. Three years later we spent everyday of our Jamaican Vacation AN at some point.

We have met people of all races and ages on the island. People that could be my grandparents, my parents or my sibling. I would let anyone of them become part of my family.

I know you have probally read this before and you will not understand until you try it but it is one place that age, sex, size, shape, and color do not matter.

Try it and don't wait until your last day or you will regret it!

dustin/megan -

We are in our 20's (ok, i'll admit, i just turned 30)...which do you like better, CTI or CSS? We did CTI at xmas and loved it but the island was closed most of the time because of weather/waves. We're hoping to go back (with friends we met on the Island) sometime later this year and we've thrown out CSA (no AN) and CN because my wife isn't comfortable with clothed people walking by. We really liked how CTI was smaller and it really forced people to be social which makes it way more fun...SSB looks a little less social but it has the grill so you never have to leave for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by donjohnson View Post
    dustin/megan -

We are in our 20's (ok, i'll admit, i just turned 30)...which do you like better, CTI or CSS? We did CTI at xmas and loved it but the island was closed most of the time because of weather/waves. We're hoping to go back (with friends we met on the Island) sometime later this year and we've thrown out CSA (no AN) and CN because my wife isn't comfortable with clothed people walking by. We really liked how CTI was smaller and it really forced people to be social which makes it way more fun...SSB looks a little less social but it has the grill so you never have to leave for lunch.
    SSB is the best AN set up in JA! the best of both worlds
    beach is quiet and private however the beach and water are not to be compared to negril
    the pool /swim up bar is very active and very social when we have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_Megan View Post
    Trust me when we tried it at 23 we were nervous as all get out. The first day we stayed to ourselves except when I went to go get us drinks. The second day we were a little more adventerous and walked around the Island, got in the pool and actually talked to "those" AN people. FYI we consider ourselves one of "those" people now. Three years later we spent everyday of our Jamaican Vacation AN at some point.
    Funny! My wife and I say the same thing - we've become "those" people...

We are the people our parents warned us about...

Don't worry, I'm 24 and I'm going. My husband's 27...so yea. Just think of it as you'll be great eyecandy for the older guys lol j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Mercier View Post
    Don't worry, I'm 24 and I'm going. My husband's 27...so yea. Just think of it as you'll be great eyecandy for the older guys lol j/k
    presto!!!

Dear campbecn... there are so many great comments on this thread. I hope you are taking them to heart.

The (first) posting by Bruce was right on the money! Please re-read that one. My amazing wife and I wish we had discovered SSB way earlier in our life. We will be headed back in November for the 5th time. As wonderful as the rest of Couples Sans Souci is, Sunset Beach is really what tips the balance for us. ( FYI... We are not nudist by life-style.)

As hawkgroup implied in his/her posting, most of the folks at SSB are "young-at-heart." And being there makes you feel that way, no matter the age. Two years ago we met an amazing English couple of 80 plus and mid 70's. These two classy Brits made US feel young. They swam, socialized, read, played the entertainment staff games... they did it all. Last November, we walked onto the beach and to our delight, there they were again!

And as steverandlinda said, don't make the mistake of waiting until late in your time at CSS to get over to SSB. Go the first full day! In all likelihood, you will be glad you did.

Get your hubbie to read all these posts. And to him I say: Sir, you have nothing to lose, (except your clothes! haha) and much to gain from the amazingly unique place, Sunset Beach. You are a lucky man to have such a spirited and self confident partner.

Let us know how it goes. Have a great, relaxing, romantic time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast