Default Will CSA & 7 Mile Beach Be Dead In May

I've been told May is considered the off season. I've read on one of the other message boards I frequent that 7 Mile Beach area is dead/ghost town during the off season. I hope CSA and the 7 Mile Beach area is NOT a ghost town in mid May. It's weird to me that January-March is the high season. I thought the summer months would be the busiest.

It is not a ghost town by any means. There is always someing going on at CSA and the 7 mile beach........... We always go in May and we will be there this May 8th - 12th........ I can't wait

mstravelbug
    Amy & I will be there the same week. I'm sure we can liven up the beach all week long. Can't wait, first timers. 25th anniversary

It won't be dead in May. We got married May 1st and the beach was full of guests. I don't think anytime of year will be dead at any of the Couples Resorts. Although May isn't prime travel time, it will still be well visited. Enjoy.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

I saw that too, ONE person said it though, it was not the general consensus of people who go often. Last year there were issues with the US economy among other things- I wouldn't give it too much concern.

Been there in April, it seemed just as busy as december

June is the start of the 'rainy season'. So that's part of why January and March are peak season. We always go in June- it's no ghost town. And really not much rain- just an afternoon shower- passes quickly.

Don't worry. It won't be dead. I don't think there is ever a "dead" season. We are visiting in June for the fourth time this year. It has never been 'dead' or even near dead when we were there. It is too beautiful a place to have a time when few people are visiting. It may not have the crowds of the high season, but there will be plenty of folks around having a great time all along 7 Mile beach.

You will love it and have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by mstravelbug View Post
    It's weird to me that January-March is the high season. I thought the summer months would be the busiest.
    Summer is Hurricane Season - and usually more rain - Jamaica can be very hot and humid. At the same time it's also hot in the US and Canada - Many people prefer to go to a warm climate when it's cold at home.

The high Tourism season ( Dec 15- April 15 ) and higher rates are in the winter months when North America is typically COLD.

It wasn't dead to our way of thinking when we were there last year - there was just the right amount in fact. We weren't overrun with others in the shops when we were making our purchases and it never felt crowded. Perfect and relaxing.

not that I saw when we were there for our honeymoon in the end of May...there were plenty of people and plenty of things to do. The resort wasn't at capacity or anything but there were plenty of vacationers.

We will also be at CSA May 2-9.We've become quite addicted to this message board,and appreciate all the great reviews,advice and positive feedback!

Actually, what May is NOT is the cold, snowy season in most of the places that we call home... that's why the cold, snowy months are considered the "high" season on Jamaica. One could also make the argument that May-June are semi-high season because so many folks get married then.

Actually, low season can be better for travellers to Jamaica. Lower rates, better deals on souveniers, better prices at the bars, restaurants, tours, etc.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I have a feeling it was my post you read on another message board. Small world LOL...
    CSA was NOT dead last June '09 but 7 mile beach was. We walked the entire beach on several occasions at different times and it was a complete ghost town. It was very disappointing. We are going again this year during the same time so it's not a deal breaker for us. I do however hope it's a bit busier.

"We walked the entire beach on several occasions at different times and it was a complete ghost town. It was very disappointing. We are going again this year during the same time so it's not a deal breaker for us. I do however hope it's a bit busier. "

Go later in the day, even during the busier season the beach can be quiet in the mornings.

We honeymooned at CSA the first week of May in 2008. 7-Mile beach was hopping! Jet skis, parasailing, vendors, and other vacationers were everywhere. Not sure what it's like these days with the economy and all, but I can't imagine it will be completely "dead".