Thread: fishing?

Default fishing?

Is there any fishing excursions?

I have inquired a lot about fishing. What I have been told is that each resort has a tour desk and you can book a deep sea fishing excursion thru them. It is about $150/pp if 4 people do it. I also heard the fishing isn't very good- but that is half the fun. When in Cancun, we caught NON STOP barracuda....I hear in Jamaica if you catch 1 or 2 fish, it is a good day. My husband and I will be at CSA and would like to find another couple to fish with 4-12, 4-13, or 4-14. Anyone at CN during that time could probably join us as well.

Anyone know if there is any fishing off shore at CSA? or anywhere close by?

Yes, in both Negril and Ocho Rios. You can Google it or wait until you arrive and book at the tour desk. I've heard both good and bad fishing stories, as far as people not getting one bite all day. I think it can depend on the time of year.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Yes, they are offered at the tour desk.
    Irie Mon

Not that I know of. My wife would kill me if I asked that question...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Yes, in both Negril and Ocho Rios. You can Google it or wait until you arrive and book at the tour desk. I've heard both good and bad fishing stories, as far as people not getting one bite all day. I think it can depend on the time of year.
    I think that's why they call it fishin'; otherwise they'd call it catchin'. ;-)
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

If you are in Negril you can stop down at the Negril River and inquire about fishing. You can also take a day trip out to Royal Palms Reserve and fish there for a small fee.

Thanks RDYJMJM! I will google it and see if I can find more info on the Reserve.