Default I'm a newbie to Couples and have some questions!

Hi everyone! I have been reading the boards for quite some time and have found them incredibly helpful! I am so amazed at all the positive reviews Couples get. With that said, I am currently planning a "delayed" honeymoon. I got married last December, but due to my husband's military commitment, we didn't have time to go on a honeymoon, so we're shooting for one next fall! So, here's my situation. Although, we technically do know my husband's exit date from the military, there are some issues that could change that date around. It's a possibility that we won't find out when he's getting out until a month or two beforehand. Beings we plan on taking our honeymoon as soon as he gets out of the Army, I really don't want to wait to book our trip...Sooooo....does anyone know what Couple's policy is on changing your dates? Are you charged an arm and a leg or is it covered if you purchase the trip insurance?

Also...one more thing. I think right now we'll probably be staying at CSA. Any recommendations on which room to book? We're not drinkers, so the whole mini-bar thing doesn't make a difference to us. This will probably be a once in a lifetime trip for us, so I really want it to be spectacular!

Thanks!

" We're not drinkers, so the whole mini-bar thing doesn't make a difference to us"

We don't drink either but the mini-bar rooms also have a small fridge stocked with water, soda, juices etc.....

If you purchase the insurance (which is definitely recommended) then you won't have to pay anything if you have to change your dates. We had to do this last year. The resort just has to have vacancy during the dates you need to change to. I would definitely book the hotel portion of your trip and then if you need to change it, no worries. Flights will be a different story. You can purchase flight insurance from a third party vendor, but airlines usually charge a fee to switch flights. We don't buy flight insurance and last year when we changed our dates we had to pay $100 on Continental to change. Luckily, the ticket price was the same or we would have had to pay the price difference on that too.

If this is a once in a lifetime trip, and you can spend the money on a more expensive room, I'd book a Beachfront Suite or a Beachfront Verandah Suite. It's awesome being able to walk from your patio right into the sand. I'd be happy to share the CSA map or our pictures if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com)
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I hadn't thought about the advantages to having water/soda in the room!

And that's such a relief to know we can change the dates. I do intend on buying trip insurance, so it sounds like I can breathe easy now!