Thread: Zip line at CSS

Default Zip line at CSS

Is there an excursion for this?

How far is it? is it worth it?

Yes, with Chukka...well that's who we did it with anyways. It was AMAZING! I believe there were 9 different lines to go down. Since it is an excursion not provided by Couples you may have to pick other couples up at other resorts on the way. Then you stop about 15 or so min on the other side of Ocho Rios for a short break and then head up the mountain...another maybe 15 minute trip. I think it was around $100 per person, but we thought it was worth it. You'll be back in time for lunch.

Yes, there is an excursion offered through Chukka. It's about $85 per person and you can book it through the tour desk in the lobby. It's about a 20 minute drive from CSS. There is a morning and afternoon trip. We left the resort at 12:00/12:30 and were back around 4p.

We did it as an extra excursion a few trips back when we were at CTI. I think it was definitely worth it, but I wouldn't have done it on my first trip. There are so many included excursions, it's hard to fit everything in as it is.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Yes, there is an excursion offered through Chukka. It's about $85 per person and you can book it through the tour desk in the lobby. It's about a 20 minute drive from CSS. There is a morning and afternoon trip. We left the resort at 12:00/12:30 and were back around 4p.

We did it as an extra excursion a few trips back when we were at CTI. I think it was definitely worth it, but I wouldn't have done it on my first trip. There are so many included excursions, it's hard to fit everything in as it is.
    Bite your tongue Ms. Amy!! We're newbies who have every intention of doing the ziplines on our first trip to Couples.

Still, between me, you and the fencepost, you're right about the time element. Lots to do, so little time to do it! But that's ok, it's the way we roll when we're on vacation. We're not too much for the lying around thang, we tend to keep on the move, even if by move, we're just moving drinks from the bar to our mouths.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Bite your tongue Ms. Amy!! We're newbies who have every intention of doing the ziplines on our first trip to Couples.

Still, between me, you and the fencepost, you're right about the time element. Lots to do, so little time to do it! But that's ok, it's the way we roll when we're on vacation. We're not too much for the lying around thang, we tend to keep on the move, even if by move, we're just moving drinks from the bar to our mouths.
    I know but it's so hard to hit the bar when you're off-site! You're right though, it is possible to do all of the excursions. It really depends on how many days you are there since a lot of the off-site excursions can take a half-day - if you're only there for 4 full days you might not be able to fit everything in. Although, I won't be surprised if you skip an excursion or two once you get to the beach! See you in about 37 days!!!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I know but it's so hard to hit the bar when you're off-site! You're right though, it is possible to do all of the excursions. It really depends on how many days you are there since a lot of the off-site excursions can take a half-day - if you're only there for 4 full days you might not be able to fit everything in. Although, I won't be surprised if you skip an excursion or two once you get to the beach!
    You may very well be right about not doing everything we're thinking about doing, if for no other reason than like you said - once we hit the beach, who knows, maybe all bets will be off. However, we really want to do the zipline, it's a borderline must for us. And DRF is without a doubt a must do. Any other plans, including the horseback riding, the cat cruise, the watersports, all are very much want-to-do's, but fall just shy of absolute must....if that makes any sense.

See you in about 37 days!!!!
    Oh you betcha!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.