You are NOT alone in this. We also are looking at our first time to a Couples Resort in two weeks. (CTI)
If just part of what we have been reading about these resorts is true, you will have a wonderful vacation in PARADISE..
Just wanted to say that you made a great choice! We're heading back to CSS from March 5-12, for our fifth trip there. It's just a wonderful, romantic resort ... the grounds are beautiful, really lush and tropical. And the people are great! On to the advice:
- Start by doing the orientation on your first day. That will help get you familiar with the resort. It's quite spread out, so that way you will know where things are right away.
- The main beach is nice for relaxing and floating in the ocean, and there are fun activities each day at the main pool. But the mineral pool is great as well, right by the spa and Charlie's bar (tasty smoothies). If you're interested, the hobie cat's are fun to take out for a sail. They teach you what to do, then let you go out on your own. Snorkelling and scuba is included too. So lots of options for water stuff.
- It's worth trying each of the restaurants at least once. Do that right away, then go back to your favorites. Tuesdays and Fridays are special dinners (beach party and formal gala). And Wednesday is lobster night, served at all the restaurants. They're all very good, but I think we like Casanova the best, for the atmosphere. (It's the one up by the lobby.) For Cassanova and Palazzina, you should book a bit ahead ... maybe the day before? (Especially if you want to eat outside.) Bella Vista is down at the beach, and is more casual, no reservations needed.
- If you can, book a Couples Massage at the spa. It's worth it, the massage huts all overlook the ocean, and you hear the waves crashing below you. Great atmosphere.
- We've pretty much done one off-site activity each trip ... we didn't want to spend too much time paying for things off the resort. (We've done the zip lines, mountain biking, and Dunn's River Falls.) The Falls can be busy and touristy, but it's a pretty neat experience.
- Besides that, just relax and enjoy. Even wandering around the resort is great. There's a big pond at the back of the property with lots of tropical birds and turtles. We've found that Sans Souci has everything we could ask for. You can be as busy or relaxed as you want. Just try not to squeeze in too much ... the week will fly by!
I'm sure we'll run into you there in a few days ... where are you guys from? (We're from Ottawa, Canada ... looking forward to the warm weather!)