Default Hello all!! Bkhiattky here.....

Have had a ton going on lately and haven't been able to frequent the MB as often as I like (two to three times a day )

Found out on Feb. 4th that my best friend of 28 years, is facing breast cancer for the 2nd time...sadly we thought we had it beat and now 7 years later, here it is again. Been running with her back and forth to the Dr.. Last Wednesday she had surgery, and all has been fine, but we go this Thursday for the results and treatment program.....please, if you can find the time, add her to your prayers. Her name is Cindy and she is awful special to me!!

On the flip side, my brother and sister-in-law are doing the SR (after MUCH prodding and probing LOL) and they got CTI (March 8th through the 13th)!!! I can not tell you how excited I am. If they love it as ,much as Bryan and I do, we are ALL coming together in April 2011, for our parents 50th wedding anniversary.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you all know that I haven't faded away, I just have a lot going on right now. Hope everyone who is planning a trip has the trip of a lifetime.

Ron, I will keep checking the board, I know your trip is coming up soon...I can't wait to hear what you think of my home away from home.

Love you all!!!!
    Kristen

Missy K, good to have you back on the board. I'm so sorry to hear about your the travails of your best friend, but with friends like you, she's got a lot going for her, so wish her well from everyone in here.

On the more positive side, I see your relentless selling of CTI finally got your brother and sis-n-law to commit!! LOL, good for you, better for them, and I can't wait to hear how their trip went.

And yes you're right, we're getting closer and closer to P-Day ourselves (that's Paradise for all you Couples militants). We depart five weeks from this Friday evening. Believe me, I am so looking forwad to this, I'm practically tasting the tropical air. And the cool part is Rosa's now starting to get antsy herself, so there are now two people in our house just chomping at the bit.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Kristen
    I have read many of your posts. You seem just like me. I too have had two bouts with breast cancer just like your friend Cindy. I am here to say I survived it twice. Tell her she is not alone. It has been 13 years since my last diagnosis of this and she can feel hopeful.I will keep her in my prayers.
    Mariann

I will definitely put your friend Cindy in my prayers. She is very fortunate to have such a great friend like you!

We have missed you here on the board! We head to CTI in 36 days and have already told Ron (and most every April guest) that vodka slushies are on me Maybe one day we'll meet in person at our home sweet home!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Kristen, just as you supported me during my Mom's battle with cancer (this time last year as a matter of fact), I will do the same for you and your dear friend. I pray everything works out and that she is free of cancer. Please keep us posted. Lots of love, Sharon and Steve
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Hey girl! So sorry to hear about your friend Cindy. I hope all goes well for her from here.
    I see a trip coming up for you in April 2011, how can your brother and sister-in-law NOT love it! I guess that means we won't see you in January though Been thinking about you, sure did have fun this year!
    We'll have to catch up when you have time

Cindy (and you) are in my prayers. I hope you receive great news on Thursday.
    Erin

Hey Kristen!! Glad to hear you're doing well. I've missed seeing your posts.

My prayers are with your friend. God bless her.

As a totally unrelated side note (and i'm not sure if anyone else experiences this or not) but the lime green font you use, while bright and beautiful... is really really hard for me to read. it's probably just my eyes, but maybe you could darken it up just a bit for those of us with puny vision?

Have a spiffy day!

Hey Kristin!

Haven't had an email from you in a while so I thought something might be up. Our tans are fading and the weather still sucks but we really enjoyed meeting you and Bryan and spending our vacation with you. Hugs to your dear friend and best wishes too.
    Although we really didn't find CTI to be "home" for us, as soon as we got back I booked my parents for a trip there. They leave next Tuesday for 2 weeks of R&R. It's really the best of the Couples resorts for them with Daddy's mobility issues. CN was just too difficult to get around and CSA and CSS are a big no-go!
    I'm hoping they love it as much as you do! The will be there the same tim as your relatives so have them look for Bill and Renie! He is the one with either the walker or the cane that he keeps misplacing. I can picture Byron spending day after day returning it to him!
    Hugs to Bryan and tell him that I had the best round of my life after you left, 77!

Marnie