Hybrid View

Default CSS A/N - Poor Economy vs. Past History Question

We returned from a 7 day trip to CSS a couple weeks ago and had a great time. This was our first trip to CSS (been to CTI twice, HBR 3 times, H twice) and will not be our last. I just wanted to get other peoples perspective on the AN pool bar selections. With the exception of rum, the only premium liquor (mainly just looking at rum, vodka, gin, tequila, bourbon) was a mid-level vodka (Skyy). That ran out the first day and it only reappeared after we complained. The other main bars had premium liquors.

I just wanted to know if this has always been the case or have their been cutbacks due to the economy? I've never had this problem before at any other place (including CTI). I appreciate Couples having the A/N area, but when it came to the alcohol, I felt second class compared to the rest of the resort.

I feel like you should be able to get the same things at each of the main bars. Even though the only location that had Guinness was Charlie's bar (a long haul from the AN beach), I really didn't think it should be too much of an issue to have some brought to the AN pool bar. I asked at the front desk, was told "no problem", and then shortly after I returned to the AN area, was told it would be no problem as long as I paid for it. That didn't seem too "all inclusive" to me. I suppose I could have got some to show up the same way others got some good bourbon (and vodka on a past trip) to show up. But that would be against the hotel policy and against what I think is necessary at an all inclusive resort. It also bothered me that I never saw a new bottle of vodka opened at the AN pool and we went through a lot. Only partial bottles seemed to make an appearance. I'm not making any accusations but I know what impression that gave me.

Overall, this is only one small facet of our trip. We had a great time. Enjoyed the location, beach, food, people and staff and made many new friends. I just wanted to see how others viewed this.

last year when we were there if they did not have something we wanted we simply requested it and we got it. not a problem. Of course it did help that there was a big group of us

anjunkie - had a similar experience last decembert we had a blast but my only nit was the AN ran out of Jack and Crown daily and each time after a request for a new bottle ... "soon come" in the end i decided it was easier to "grease weezer" then it was to wait for soon to come lol...

Sounds like it might have been better then. The bar selection at the AN pool bar was my only issue with this trip. But since I like to drink and I spend my entire day at the AN pool area, it was an issue. Excluding all the Appleton rum's, we had Tia Maria, Bailey's, and Skyy. I don't recall any other booze that would be considered a good brand. I don't even think there was any crown or bourbon. My wife likes Stoli vodka, which they had at the other bar, but we were told that we could only have Skyy.

I realize that the proportion of people in the AN area compared to the rest of the resort is small, but since that is where I want to be, I still want the same options.

We are going back to CSS on Dec 5th.Over the last twenty yrs,I have noticed a drop off on my Favorite,Crown Royal.Not only at the Sunset Beach bar ,but both other main beach Bars.Ballon Bar always has my Crown.I think it is a Couples thing of only having so much premium drinks ordered per week and yes, I feel Sunset beach get's the short end of the stick.
    There was a time by previous owners,I had a full bottle of Crown in my room upon arrival.Boy ,those days are gone,but it's still home away from home!

Can you really get Guiness at Charlie's Bar??? The wife will not be happy to know she missed out on that.

I never saw anyone else drinking it, but we were rarely in that area. I'm not sure if it was a stand alone item or something that got added to a drink. I did have several though. It's also the version (Foreign Extra Stout) that you can't get in the states.

My husband wanted Southern Comfort while at SSB. They did not have any on the resort, so they went to town to the liquor store and got some. They are really accomodating if you just ask for it.
    Linda

They had everything last week. If they don't have something that you want just let Jheanel know and she can get it for you.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013