Thread: Bar service

Default Bar service

Before I rant I want to preface it by saying how much fun we had on our trip to CSA. We got home this morning after an awesome week. I'm working on a trip report....... soon.

The waitstaff in restaurants were awesome. Very attentive and timely. The bartenders were another story. I don't understand why it is so difficult for the bartenders to serve drinks in a timely fashion. It was not just once or twice, but nearly every time we went for a beer or a drink the bartenders would take our order (after a wait) and then either wash cups, cut up fruit, or do some other task to stall while we waited patiently for our drinks. They were all quite friendly and very fun, but it just seemed like bar "keeping" was the primary focus, not bar "tending". At one point we waited for almost five minutes for someone to take our order. There were only two other people waiting for drinks and three bartenders there. Not a busy time, and yet, slow service.

If the bars were busy I would have some tolerance but most of the time that was not the case. I get the Jamaican time thing..... it just doesn't hold water here. I'm not impatient as a rule. If you are busy I can wait... If we are the only patrons at the bar and you take my order and then wash cups for 5 mins while I wait......not cool! I can't say this one irritation "ruined" my vacation.... it did not. When we are considering where to go next year, will this weigh negatively on CSA? Yes.

As my trip report will reveal we LOVE CSA! It was an amazing vacation. We had a great time despite the slow bar service.

Sounds like you weren't there long enough.
    Another 4 or 5 days and maybe then you'd get the "Jamacian time thing".
    Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
    Sounds like you weren't there long enough.
    Another 4 or 5 days and maybe then you'd get the "Jamacian time thing".
    Respect.
    ya mon
    Love, love CSA!

I have to respectfully disagree with Umberto. It shouldn't matter if you're there one day or twenty - waiting that long for a drink, while the bartender is doing nothing else but washing glasses is unacceptable!

Funny you bring it up. We were at CN in Dec. and heard the same story from another couple about CSA. I just thought they were talking about the pool bar which as we all know is typically busy.