Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What do you do to pass the time until your vacation starts?

Couples Resorts vacation day.

What do YOU do to pass the time away until that day comes?

Do you live each day like nothing is happening or do you torment yourself counting the days down to Couples Day?

Do you go around singing your favorite Reggae songs or do you remain calm and cool?

Do you plan off time get togethers to talk about your favorite Couples Resort or do you sip on your favorite rum drink and daydream?

There has to be a better way than counting the days down to Couples Day. By the way we have 41 days left.

It's great to have get togethers of Coupleholic friends to help them through those withdrawal times.

What do you do?

We read these message boards...several times a day!

I read the message boards daily and drive my b/f nuts reading the board to him. LOL

Pass the time reading here,looking at cataloges for cloths, do some shopping ,get together with coupleholic friends, and count down the days,, 30 to go..
    ARE WE THERE YET??

The fact that you're reading this should tell you something about how WE pass the time....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I am driving everyone nuts with the countdown update. We have been listening to Raggae songs, drinking red strip and checking the couples website like 3 times a day. 41 days.

I myself count down the days hours seconds.. Seriously, I do. Its my wife and I first time and we are very anxious to breathe the fresh beach air and toast to the good times!! Just 34 more days to go!! Have a great time!

All of the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We drive our friends and family crazy with endless stories about our Couples vacations. We make them look at our hundreds and hundreds of pictures. They even have to look at our Couples calendar. They don't get it. We do. We're counting the days till trip #6.

We are going in June, and I have been downloading reggae music like crazy and drinking fruity drinks on the weekends. Just bought some bikes to ride so I can get in good shape for the trip....ah but nothing seems to get it out of my head. Can't wait to get there!!!!

I spend time on the message board. I order Lime Daquiris when I go out. I look up air fairs to see if I still got the best deal.Warning - it's a real bite in the shorts when you find a lower fare, some of us are just gluttons for punishment.I also have lots of photos from our previous visits to "Jones on" until our next trip (NOV4-11,2010)

We had a major blizzard here in Monroe NY Thurs & Fri. Power went out so we lit the candles, cracked open the bottle of rum cream an dreams about Couples Negril. Soon Come 48 days!!!

There is not a room in our house that does not have something from either Jamaica or Couples. That also includes both of our cars and my motorcycle. Consequently, there is not a day that goes by that we are not barraged with pictures, wooden carvings,color paintings, magnets, a "doctorbird" and on and on. Much of the time we may not pay much attention to all that is flooding into our gray matter every day. But believe me, my distant fascinating West Indies woman is foremost on my mind.
    All of that helps with countdown. But it's the last 45 that really test us. "It's our vacation, and we want it now". There is tension. Time drags on. Everyone with a 300 mile radius knows where we are going, how long we're staying an which trip this is. They all would like us to go soon too.
    When you get right down to it, no matter what any of us may do to pass the inscruciatingly sloooooow passage of time. I don't think any of it helps. Buy the 45 day mark, you're pretty much starting to foam at the mouth. In 20 more days, you will still only be about half way there. twentydaysicandothatnosweat.
    Well we aren't even half way there, 44, but the four doctors that I saw today said these orange ones and the yellow one would really really help. I'll have to let you know.
    I doubt if any of what I have written has any relevance to the question that was asked. But by this time on Saturday night, usually after I take two blue pills and two purple, I can't be held responsible for anything.
    I'm sorry, what was the question again?

richie

Considering we live in Canada and in the past 3 days we have had more than 2 feet of snow we have been shoveling the driveway counting down to the minute to get us out of here and to this heaven....called Jamaica that everyone keeps talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    Couples Resorts vacation day.

What do YOU do to pass the time away until that day comes?

Do you live each day like nothing is happening or do you torment yourself counting the days down to Couples Day?

Do you go around singing your favorite Reggae songs or do you remain calm and cool?

Do you plan off time get togethers to talk about your favorite Couples Resort or do you sip on your favorite rum drink and daydream?

There has to be a better way than counting the days down to Couples Day. By the way we have 41 days left.

It's great to have get togethers of Coupleholic friends to help them through those withdrawal times.

What do you do?
    Well this will be our first time going to Couples and all I can say is I feel like I have already been in a way bc of all the awesome posts on the message board. We have 15 days until we leave! I have already packed most of our stuff and basically I look at the calendar everyday at work and put a big X on the days as they go by. We also are staying busy until we leave, its driving me nuts!

We look at old pics from Couples vacations in the past, look at the awsome pics from other guests posted here and we count the days! We will be home on 3/17/2010 for our 10 year anniversary!

I try not to count days till we get under 100, almost there this year. I occupy most of my time with that darn job thing that keeps distracting me from the message board and thinking about CSA. Keeping up with the gym and doing some on-line shopping for our trip keeps us going too. We have two girls at home and in college, so they keep me busy proof reading papers and such. Mrs. dirtleg teaches high school and that takes up time as well evenings and weekends with school activities.

I still spend a lot of time dreaming about the beach. I love the beach. Have I mentioned that lately?

I'm with you on the rum. Only booked yesterday so just started our countdown. 364 days to go, hope it passes quickly.

When all else fails, check the customized counter to see how much time left until arrival in paradise.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...5&sec=0&p0=120

Read the message board several times a day. Keep my wife updated, (drives her crazy)! Starving myself so i can pig out when we arrive at CTI! 12 MORE DAYS TO GO!

Marie

You left out tormenting each other online with little things about Couples.
    40 days my Polish Princess!

I might have to send CSS a special certificate to place on your pillow next time. Beware!

The withdrawal symptoms we suffer when we are not in Jamaica are difficult to deal with. Isn't it great that we have this message board, Yahoo, Facebook and others to support our fellow Coupleholics thru those difficult times.

How many friendships have been created because of a vacation to Couples Resorts? The stories that can be told are amazing.

How do we spend our time when not at our favorite Couples Resort?

Attachment 5273

Yup the carpet is worn out!
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; March 22nd, 2010 at 05:48 PM.

We've not even arrived for the first time, and already we are planning our return visit...How cool is THAT??
    We'll be arriving to the CSA May 2-9.
    This message board is wonderful for information,and we sure appreciate everyone's contributions!

Live life and forget about vacation. It will come soon enough.

Pass the time reading here, listen to Bob Marley songs, do some shopping....68 days to go.
    May 8th - May 12th CSA............

I look at all of our photos of our last to trips to CSS. Here they are if anyone wants to view them.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast