Default CSA- Newbie question. What to wear?

This will be our first trip to any of the Couples Resorts and also to Jamaica. We are reading the websites and looking at other pictures couples have posted of their trips. ANy suggestions on what to wear and when? We dont want to pack to much or not enough. We also dont want to show up over or under dressed for dinner. Darcy likes to dress up and look great but we also dont want to look like we are going to a cocktail party and everyone else is in shorts. Any advice will be much appreciated.

I could have done the week with 2 bathing suits, 2 pair of shorts (like golf shorts), a few dress shirts (maybe a golf shirt and a casual button up), one pair long pants, casual shoes.

Wife overpacked. A few sundresses, maybe one or two dressy items....depends if she wants to dressup.

Guys seem to be more casual than the ladies.

I forgot long pants - therefore we did not go to Feathers.

For b'fast/Lunch - you can do swimsuit (coverup for ladies) - sandals or aquasocks.
    For dinner - you can do something like a golf outfit for Patois and Palms. Closed toe shoes would be best.
    For Lemongrass, you can do the same - or a bit more dressy. Feathers requires long pants and closed toe shoes

At all Couples resort only the fancy restaurants require men to wear long pants, a collared shirt and closed toe shoes. Women can wear sundresses, nice pants outifts and fancy sandals for the same restaurants. All the other restaurants allow you to wear nice shorts, nice t shirts and open toe shoes for both men and women Just be comfortable

We are headed to CSA for the 6th time in just a few weeks. We pack workout clothes, bathing suits (worn with shirts/cover ups to breakfast and lunch). For dinner, I wear sundressses or skirts and tops with mid heeled sandals. My husband wears trousers and collared shirts. There is a dress code for Feathers and Lemongrass. Lots of folks are dressed like us.

We have found that some couples dress up more for dinner, others dress down. We would never personally wear shorts to dinner but some folks do in the restaurants with no dress code.

I would not worry about fitting in - Darcy should dress up if that is what she prefers. We enjoy dressing for a romantic dinner and never feel out of place.

Dress comfortable, other than lemongrass or feathers casual is where it is at at the two mentioned above slacks and button down shirt (no ties they are not allowed in jamaica) closed toe shoes for guys and no that does not mean crocs. as for women cute sundress with stylish slippers, by no means coctail dress you would be overdressed. Now some of these sundresses these days are pretty swanky so look out you will be fine!!! Enjoy paradise

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Focus on trying not to overpack. Easier said than done. I always seem to end up with clothes I did not wear.

I myself brought some nice button down shirts and dressier cargo type shorts,my wife different story she loves fashion so needless to say she had many shoes, skirts, dresses, crop tops, tank tops and is not usually concerned about how others are dressed she is a be her "own" self person in fashion, besides I dont think she even owns a bikini top so that saved her some space for other items!!!!!LOL It was a great week and dress styles varied amongst everyone so I would say bring what YOU would love to wear and wear it!

There is nothing wrong with dressing for elegance, if that is what you want to do. Its all about priorities... where you want to eat, how you want to be together, etc.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"