Default College Spring Breakers Allowed

Does CSA get hit by college spring break kids , you know like Ft Laud. in Florida ?
    ARE WE THERE YET??

No, because it's not a singles resort. Since you have to be a couple, that scares the spring breakers away
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Paul & Sue from NY View Post
    Does CSA get hit by college spring break kids , you know like Ft Laud. in Florida ?
    \

The couples-only policy and the cost compared to Cancun or Ft. Lauderdale tend to not attract spring breakers. I've never seen any in three trips. However, last year we were on the goodbye bus with four single college-age guys who had been at CSS for a wedding. Let's just say we were EXTREMELY glad we were at CTI that week.

We've been going to Couples since 2003 (CSA in 33 days). Except in '07 we decided to go to the Bahamas (big mistake). We always go on or around spring break. Well, since Couples doesn't have a resort in the Bahamas, we stayed at the "B" resort in Nassau. What a Huuuuge mistake. We arrived in the lobby only to find hundreds of spring breakers who looked and acted like it was the first time away from Mommy & Daddy. It was around 10 AM, the lobby bar was 3-4 deep with kids drinking and doing shots. By the time we checked in and got to our room, we walked past 3-4 passed out kids and 2 who were unloading their shots and whatever they ate last. My wife looked at me (you know that look guys) and before she could say anything, I promised her right then & there that we would never stray from Couples again! We like a good time like anyone else but that was crazy. You will not see anything like that at Couples. It's one of the many reasons why we love it!!

If you're staying at SweptAway, you'll be at the last large AI before you get to the downtown area of Negril. There are a LOT of small less-and-non-inclusive resorts between SweptAway and the Negril Lighthouse, none of which have a couples requirement.

Make no mistake... in good economic times, the 7-Mile Beach is rockin' and thick with spring breakers! Last year, numbers were way down due to the economy, and I'm quite sure that the local business folk of Negril are very concerned about this year's spring break crowd.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    We've been going to Couples since 2003 (CSA in 33 days). Except in '07 we decided to go to the Bahamas (big mistake). We always go on or around spring break. Well, since Couples doesn't have a resort in the Bahamas, we stayed at the "B" resort in Nassau. What a Huuuuge mistake. We arrived in the lobby only to find hundreds of spring breakers who looked and acted like it was the first time away from Mommy & Daddy. It was around 10 AM, the lobby bar was 3-4 deep with kids drinking and doing shots. By the time we checked in and got to our room, we walked past 3-4 passed out kids and 2 who were unloading their shots and whatever they ate last. My wife looked at me (you know that look guys) and before she could say anything, I promised her right then & there that we would never stray from Couples again! We like a good time like anyone else but that was crazy. You will not see anything like that at Couples. It's one of the many reasons why we love it!!

LOL, sounds like a Tuesday to me.

I'm sure there could be spring breakers that are couples, but I'd have to say that they'd be more tamed than a single person. Spring break is about hookups with random peopel you just met. I think most college kids have scouted out the more spring break friendly places and tend to stick to them.

Sorry about your holiday
    what motivated you to a pick a destination during spring break that targets a younger single active demo?

Wingman, you're right. My college age son and his girlfriend are travelling with us to CTI this year during their reading week. They are travelling as a couple, not looking for a party. Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul & Sue from NY View Post
    ...I think they'd have to be a "Couple" and over 21.

steverandlinda,
    I was the low bidder on Skyauction and that was the time we had to take the trip. We only paid $2100 total for 8 days, 7 nights but it wasn't worth it.

"...I think they'd have to be a "Couple" and over 21."

They'd have to be a Couple and over 18

steverandlinda,
    I was the low bidder on Skyauction and that was the time we had to take the trip. We only paid $2100 total for 8 days, 7 nights but it wasn't worth it.
    wow great deal!! sorry it didn't work out ... i know the B is pretty socially active ... oh well hopefully you at least got a nice tan

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    wow great deal!! sorry it didn't work out ... i know the B is pretty socially active ... oh well hopefully you at least got a nice tan
    Nope. It was cloudy all week and rained pretty much every day. And, as a bonus, it was in the upper 60's, lower 70's for a high.
    Never again, at any price.