Hybrid View

Default Best couples resort for couple in early 20's??

My fiance and I are booked for Couples swept away, but I was worried the crowd may be a little old for us. I read one review that said the major age group there is around 50. We're looking for a fun resort where there will be plenty of things to do, bars/clubs at night, and other couples to hang out with. Should we change to one of the other couples resorts?

Sounds like you did good...you won't be disappointed!

Couples average demo is probably > 38 < 52 ( based on observation) Randy may be able to provide some empirical data to help answer your Q.
    Because of its price point, services and market niche couples < 28 will be in the minority. Based again on just observation CN seems to have the younger demo of the 4.
    Pick one go and enjoy. Chances are your choice of "popular music", fashion sense. political views and sense of the world will be different then the 49 yo women who is a mother of 2 with one in college and the other getting married in a year.

Of course not. The hoverround races start promptly at 7:00p.m. The single cane toss game follows immediately after that. By 8:00 p.m. the 50 plus crowd are up in their rooms sleeping, but the 40 to 50 year olds should still be up by 9:00. After that you have the run of the resort. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by marbil View Post
    Of course not. The hoverround races start promptly at 7:00p.m. The single cane toss game follows immediately after that. By 8:00 p.m. the 50 plus crowd are up in their rooms sleeping, but the 40 to 50 year olds should still be up by 9:00. After that you have the run of the resort. Go for it!
    Egads - curfew at Couples!!

Now I have to break the news to Rosa that we'll have to hit the sack by 8pm each nite.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

i am mid 20's. me and my fiancee are booked at sans souci. its quieter and more intimate. i heard same about swept away being older crowd but you are closer to a party town if you go off resort. regardless its my honeymoon and aprtying will be done its just more of a relaxing time for us. I have been told that the ATV rainforest tour is a must but is not included in any resort. it can be booked through resort with shuttle included tho.

Stick with what you have already decided. You will be happy at CSA.

No one resort is "best" for a particular purpose or for a particular age group. You will find a mix of ages at each of the resorts. If CSA is the resort that appeals to you the most, then stick with it. You won't be disappointed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

If you're looking for a party vacation where you go bar hoping and stay out until all hours of the night... couples may not be for you. My fiance and i are in our mid 20s and we went to CSA last year and had a great time. But we are not the "bar" type. We enjoyed laying on the beach and having amazing meals and going to bed around 10. There's one night club at CSA that we never actually went to during our stay. We had a great time because we wanted a get away for just the two of us. If we wanted to bar hop, we could've just gotten a room in the city and done that there.
    My point is, we didn't vaca for the night scene, we vacationed for the beautiful beach, amazing food, romantic atmosphere, alone time and included activities. If you'd like all of that, then CSA is your place.

I agree with Ashntommy! We are in our mid 20's and we were married at CSA and loved it, but we have a very hectic life and we wanted to relax. The party scene has nothing to do with age, we had a great time with the "older" crowd and chose to sit with them! We also were in bed around midnight and if we were out later we were in the hot tub and pools spending time together. If you want a nice relaxing resort where you can spend quality with your partner then go to CSA, but if you are into the bar scene then I would consider another resort. My husband and I are not into the bar scene, and were totally happy lying on the beach and participating in the nightly shows so this resort was perfect for us.
    Some of the nightly entertainment includes a bonfire on the beach where they have a soloist singing behind you as you lie out on beds, they also do an older movie on the beach, they have house bands, steel drummers, etc. There is a night club but we never actually went to it. We loved CSA so much that we are going back next year for my university graduation!

Ron,
    My wife and I are both 28, we went there two years ago on our honeymoon. LOVED IT....we go back April 18th and cant wait...you'll be fine...even though there is an age difference everyone is nice and you'll get along with them.

Travis

You don't see the under 30's because they can't keep up during the day, and they do all night what it now takes us all night to do!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

My fiancee and I are in our early 20's and our going to CSA in June (yay!!) I wondered about the age difference as well, but I read a lot of posts on it, and most people say not to even worry about it. We are going to be on our honeymoon, so what we are looking for maybe different from what you want, but I think CSA

Remember age is nothing but a mere number, get over the fact that people are older and younger. The main thing to focus on is state of mind. I am 32 and we had a blast last year with people in ages ranging from 30-60. Whether it was at the pool bar, playing beach volleyball, sitting down to a nice dinner, to dancing the night away at the clubs. Go with the mindset that you are in paradise, and looking forward to meeting new friends and reconnecting with the person you are traveling with.

charlene_nick,
    Your perception of us "older" folks may be a bit off.My wife and I are in our mid 50's and are headed to CSA the first week in April for our 7th trip to Jamaica. We have 2 kids in there mid twenties that couldn't keep up with us if their life depended on it. On every trip to Jamaica we have befriended a couple in there twenties who are amazed when they hear that we have been together for about 40 years (married 31 this June) and are always very curious how we stay so happy together. Hint: go to Couples every year when your kids get older.
    You'll not only have a great time at CSA, you may learn a few things from us "older" folks on how to have a long, happy relationship together after you get married.

I had a great time getting my scuba certification last year with 2 young women who got married at the resort. I was celebrating my 50th.

Oh, and I danced the night away at the Aura lounge at CSA until 3 am a couple of times, long after most of the young ones were in bed.

The first time we went to CSA we were in our early 20s too. I didn't really notice a large amount of any particular age group there. There were people our age, younger maybe and some older. The older folks were pretty cool though. We actually made friends with a guy named Frank and his wife who were easily in their late 50s and they was pretty awesome.

Thanks everyone! Looks like we made a good choice. We will be on our honeymoon as well, so its not like we'll be wanting to party all the time... Just curious about the situation. Sounds like we'll have a great time with people of all ages!

There are NO ages at Couples! Who says you that "people around 50" aren't fun to hang out with and stay up late. Heck, we've been going to Couples since we were in our late 20s and on most nights I'm in bed way before our "older" friends. Age is just a number. There will be plenty of people to hang out with and have fun with. Here's a picture of a group who shut the CTI piano bar down one night at 4am back in 2005.
    Last edited by Amy; April 7th, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    There are NO ages at Couples! Who says you that "people around 50" aren't fun to hang out with and stay up late. Heck, we've been going to Couples since we were in our late 20s and on most nights I'm in bed way before our "older" friends. Age is just a number. There will be plenty of people to hang out with and have fun with. Here's a picture of a group who shut the CTI piano bar down one night at 4am back in 2005.
    As someone who qualifies for the senior breakfast menu at Coco's, believe it or not I more than understand why some of the youngins question the average age and whether there will be couples staying at the resort who are in a similar age bracket. As long ago as it was, I can still remember back in the day and I'm sure if all things were equal, I too would be inquiring about the age thingy. There's a natural, built-in camaraderie with those within your own era.

But having said this, as far as I'm concerned, once they learn that age really is more a state of mind, especially at such a wonderful place as Couples, then if they still opt to not vacation there, then no biggie, because I'm sure they were probably looking for a frat party atmosphere to begin with.

And Amy, you couldn't be more right about folks like me and Rosa still being able to close down the house!! Because that's exactly what we plan to do (assuming closing down the house means 8:00 at night )
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Rlaw2, Rjammin has it right. We older folks can be quite a bit of fun and most people at Couples over 40 have learned not to take themselves very seriously, a wonderful attribute. My wife and I would join you two for a cab ride to Alfreds (on the beach) for that late night reggae party in the sand under the tiki torches! This is us on our 45th b'days..Have a ball!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love that pic!! Yeah! My husband and I are 30 and can't wait to go to CSS in June...I am actually excited about meeting all age groups...you never know where you will find your next friend...lets hope its at Couples!

riaw2

I am going with a group of people who's age range from 30 to 52 April 10th to the 17th. It does not matter the age of the person but the fun you can have with them. I am 36 myself and could not find a better group of people to go with. Age is just a number. Enjoy. Not sure when u will be there but if u are there the same time as us, we will be the fun group who stays up alllllllllllllll night. Go Blues Hockey (sorry)