Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Love, love, love CN, but should we try another Couples resort this year?

We took our first trip to CN last summer and absolutely LOVED it!!! Seriously, we were in heaven and can't wait to return. However, we are wondering if we should try another Couples resort just to see what the others are like. But, we don't want to be dissapointed since our CN experience was so fantastic.
    Thoughts?

Go for it. Our first Couples trip was to CN and we too fell in love with the resort. We've been back to CN one other time after that and then went to CSS in '08 & '09. They are both quite different and both special in their own way. We are heading to CSA in April for the first time and we're pretty excited about discovering a new place. We're thinking next year it may be CTI, that way we can compare all of them. Hey, for that matter if Couples opens a resort in, say, St. Lucia, we'll probably check that one out too.No matter what, you can count on the same great level of service and accommodations that Couples is famous for.

After two trips to CN, we asked ourselves that same question. We reluctantly tried CTI last year, and fell in LOVE!

Yes if........you're confident that regardless of which Couples property you choose, you know you'll be receiving top notch customer service and incredible dining options, as well as access to all their great inclusive activities.

No if........you're the type who will be spending every waking minute at your new resort comparing it to CN.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Couples1414 View Post
    We took our first trip to CN last summer and absolutely LOVED it!!! Seriously, we were in heaven and can't wait to return. However, we are wondering if we should try another Couples resort just to see what the others are like. But, we don't want to be dissapointed since our CN experience was so fantastic.
    Thoughts?
    Go back to CN a few more times before trying a different resort - we went 5 X before we changed it up. When you are ready give CSS a try.
    ... it keepsh me shane

We love, love loved CSA last June so I get that it is hard to imagine going elsewhere. My husband really wanted to try something new, so we will be at CSS in December. A Wed special a couple of months back really helped motivate us to try something new, we got a great deal on a Penthouse Suite; so good that I convinced my sister and her honey and my girlfriend and her hubby to join us with one phone call that fateful Wed.

It's a risk, but I know that we will have a great time no matter where we go, and it is a Couples Resort so how can we go wrong?

Default rjammin - question for you

I notice that you said that you had been to CN then tried CSS. We are considering adding four days on to our trip in April, staying at CSS the first four days and then five days at CN. How would you compare the difference between the two resorts? What do you like best about both? Thanks!

Been to CN twice, CSA once, and a couple other resorts in Jamaica. CN is by far the best. If it aint broke,,,,,,,,,, don't fix it. We're not, we're going back to CN next winter.

You are experiencing the same conundrum we all encounter after our first Couples experience. I think a lot of the loyalty to individual resorts is due this. For us, it has mostly to do with our budget. We're middle class folks nearing retirement. Money spent on a Jamaican vacation is money that is NOT going into our retirement account, so we "go with what we know".

For others, travelling so far is an opportunity to experience new places and new things. This is a good thing!

If you do try a different resort, reset your past experiences and expectations. Don't use CN as a baseline for comparison; its not fair to CN or to the other properties. They're simply not the same; Couples is not like McDonald's or Walgreen's with their cookie-cutter sameness. Each property has its own look and feel... its own history... and its own evolution. Not many people realize that Couples Negril is the only one of the four that was build from the ground up as a Couples property. All three of the others were "something else" before they were a Couples property.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I hate to say it but we are skeptical!! We love CSA SO much (have been there 4 times) and when something is so perfect why take the risk? I'm not saying we won't ever try another couples because we KNOW couples will treat us the same no matter where we are. I think for us it is because this was the place we first came to after 8 years of going nowhere...OUR PLACE! and another big thing to us would be not knowing the staff we have become friends with that we would miss the most. We are just not ready yet. But if you do go back to CN you can do the daypass over to CSA....after that maybe you will know if you are ready to try another or not. It just comes down to personal preference.
    Sharon
    CSA
    Oct 2005, Dec 2006/Jan 2007, March 2008, Dec 2009/Jan 2010, June 2010, June 2011, June 2012, July 2014

We LOVE CN as well and tried CSS and CSA in December (long review on here somewhere if you're interested). Right now CSA is our fave, CN being second and we didn't care for CSS. That's just us though! It all depends on what you're looking for. I say if you're planning to try a new resort, split your trip between CN and whichever resort you want to try - that way you know you will be going to one you for sure love!
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You are experiencing the same conundrum we all encounter after our first Couples experience. I think a lot of the loyalty to individual resorts is due this. For us, it has mostly to do with our budget. We're middle class folks nearing retirement. Money spent on a Jamaican vacation is money that is NOT going into our retirement account, so we "go with what we know".

For others, travelling so far is an opportunity to experience new places and new things. This is a good thing!

If you do try a different resort, reset your past experiences and expectations. Don't use CN as a baseline for comparison; its not fair to CN or to the other properties. They're simply not the same; Couples is not like McDonald's or Walgreen's with their cookie-cutter sameness. Each property has its own look and feel... its own history... and its own evolution. Not many people realize that Couples Negril is the only one of the four that was build from the ground up as a Couples property. All three of the others were "something else" before they were a Couples property.
    Great advice Chris. It's hard to go someplace and not compare to something you love, but if you open your mind, just as you did for your first trip to a Couples resort, you should find something else to fall in love with at the other resort. The main theme of love, romance, wonderful service and food, are all there at any of them.....then just love the one (resort)your with, as the song says!

We've been to CN, CSA, and CSS. While CSA is our favorite and we're going back in two weeks, they are all awesome and you won't be disappointed. The beach at CSS is not as great as the Negril properties, but it is very beautiful, set on cliffs (2/3 of it), has a mineral pool and is just a really neat place. My wife and I renewed our vows there.

We were totally in your position a couple of years ago. Nonetheless tried CSA and loved it too! So now we bounce between the two, CN, CSA, CN, CSA. Trying to figure out if we want to try out the other side of the island...but we are beach people and think Negril has the best beaches in the Caribbean.

I say, try CSA!!!

Gingerlady,
    CN has a much larger beach both in width & depth. If the beach is important than CN beats CSS. We thought that the food was better at CSS, especially the deserts. Not that the food at CN wasn't good, it is, CSS was just better. The layout of CSS is a little nicer. It's a great place to just walk around with lot's of interesting areas. Our first trip in '08 we found a hidden hot tub on our last night near the mineral pool. It's in the middle of the lush vegetation of CSS, very romantic. They also have Charlie the 104 (?) year old turtle and Crackers the parrot that you can see on your walks. The entertainment at CN was in a better, larger place than CSS. CSS has the entertainment next to the Balloon Bar which is beautiful because it's next to one of the pools but it's rather confined when watching the nights events. CSS has room service which we utilized a couple of nights. Mainly the first night we arrived because we were too tired to go out since we didn't get much sleep the night before. It's also nice to have drinks (especially blended) brought to your room with an appetizer or 2 while you are getting ready to go out for the night. Going to CSS then to CN would be very nice. It would almost be like 2 totally different trips because they are both so different. Keep in mind, you will lose the better part of the day packing up and making the 3+ hours drive to CN. It's Couples....you can't go wrong. Have a great trip.

If you are not connected to meeting people at CN, you should give the others a try. We've been to CSS 2 times and will be at CTI Tuesday for the 8th time. They're both really wonderful.

couples resorts are like dating you never know what you like until you try a few for comprarison's sake.

If you love CN try CSA....awesome beach and so different. I would be shocked if you didn't fall in love with it and have a new "fave" couples after.

How can you have a favorite if you haven't tried more than one? I say go for it. It's paradise no matter which Couples Resort you choose. Variety is the spice of life. Live it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Couples1414 View Post
    Thoughts?
    margi we have been to both - why not try the following
    list all of the things that makes CN so special. Make a top 10 and put a weight next to each one 10-1

Then do some research from this board on what css offers in terms of your top ten.
    Example if your top 3 are
    1) long walks on the beach ( i.e bloody or long bay)
    2) included cat cruise
    3) small foot print, centralized layout
    then CSS may not be a good fit ...

CSS is great for
    1) incredible AN beach set up(SSB)
    2) the resort property is very lush large and unique when compared to the other three
    3) the room /views in the d f g blocks are top notch

We love negril and went to CSS mainly to check out the SSB set up. If SSB was on bloody bay we would never look elsewhere lol
    hope that helps

we are CSA fans, but this year we're off to CSS. can't wait. we love returning to CSA but have decided it's a big world with lots of other places to see. we also miss the smaller CSA that we originally went to, it's too large now.

YES YES YES!!!! After 2 trips to CN we tried CSS, and LOVED it! Going back to CSS in April looking forward to a trading places day to ck out CTI as well.....

You need to expect different, the resorts are very different, they are suppose to be it is what makes them unique, the one thing that is the same is Couples!!!! The service, the vibe, everthing that Couples is.

Sometimes you just fall in love with the first resort you go to. We loved CSA the first time we went. Last year we went to CN- and to be honest we missed CSA.
    So this year back to our first love- CSA.

Default Do Both

Why not do both, last year we did one week in CN and 1 week in CSS this year (12 days to go but who's counting) we are doing 1 week in CTI and 1 week in CN.

Couples arranged all the transfers with our own taxi between the resorts all included so you get the best of both.

Pete and Janet

CN was our first Couples this last December. We have booked for Dec 2010 at CSA. Why? To try something different. We loved CN by th way! But originally when lookin to goto Couples last year, CSA was top of our list, but when in our price range we could not get TV or Mini Bar, CN became our natural choice. Well this year, we booked directly with Couples for CSA and are able to get a room with Tv/Minibar.

I know we are goin to love CSA, and will probably end up going to each of these 2 every other year. The other side will not do for us as we are BEACH people that love our sand and water!

Enjoy whatever you pick, as with the proper frame of mind, you can do no wrong with Couples!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast