Default Check in deposit?

I wanted to know what exactly does the resort do with the deposit? how much is it? 300 350? Can I use cash and they refund when I check out? is it better then using credit card??

This is from the FAQ section of the website. I think using a credit card is best. If you don't have any room incidentals or damage then they won't put any charges on the card.

What do I need to do to check in and check out of a Couples Resort?

Upon your arrival you will be welcomed with cold beverage and dampened face cloth. Couples Resorts requires an imprint of your credit card and a “hold” of USD$300 for incidentals and to supply a room safe box key deposit. [Each room at Couples is provided with a small built in safe]

You will also be asked to fill out a form with your returning flight information. The day before departure Couples Resorts will reconfirm your flight and will arrange your bus transfer to the Montego Bay [MBJ] airport. The shuttle departure time will be left in your room your last day or evening at the Resort.

When you have completed your registration, you will receive your keys and a Couples Bellman will move your luggage to your room.

Please provide your Romance Rewards number upon check-in. Not member yet? Click here to learn about Romance Rewards benefits.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

It's simply a $300 "hold" on your credit card. If you charge nothing to your room, nothing will be charged to your credit card. I'd use a credit card; if, when you check out, you do have a balance, you can choose at that time to pay in cash or have it charged to your card. Couples has gone cashless, but others have reported that it's still possible to pay the balance at check-out with cash.

From the FAQs:

What do I need to do to check in and check out of a Couples Resort?

". . . . Couples Resorts requires an imprint of your credit card and a “hold” of USD$300 for incidentals and to supply a room safe box key deposit. [Each room at Couples is provided with a small built in safe] . . . ."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

It is a hold deposit in case you damage anything in the room or charge anything. No you can not use cash as the deposit or to pay for anything as Couples has switched to a cashless system.

The cc hold everyone is refering to is really no different than when you check into any other hotel... its common practice in the industry.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Unless something has changed, we gave them our CC for the hold and when we checked out, paid off our balance with cash.