Hybrid View

Default Resort Change????? PLZ HELP!!!!!!!

After reading comments on the MB, I am really considering changing our reservation from CTI to CSA. CTI looks a little too relaxed for our taste and the unpredictable weather that seems to be indicative of it has me worried. I understand each resort is unique and they all are great. I would just like to know if you had your pick of the two, which one would you prefer and why?

Also, does anyone have any pictures of the Great House Verandah Suite @ CSA?

Thnx
    Mrs "H"

Quote Originally Posted by breezy4life View Post
    After reading comments on the MB, I am really considering changing our reservation from CTI to CSA. CTI looks a little too relaxed for our taste and the unpredictable weather that seems to be indicative of it has me worried. I understand each resort is unique and they all are great. I would just like to know if you had your pick of the two, which one would you prefer and why?

Also, does anyone have any pictures of the Great House Verandah Suite @ CSA?

Thnx
    Mrs "H"

I suggest you go with your gut, and if your gut said CTI, then stick with it. You could second guess yourself forever. Having said that, we LOVE CTI and CSA. Out of all four resorts, they are our two favorites. However, CTI is not too relaxed - both resorts can be as relaxing or as hectic/social as you make it. We are returning to CTI this April, but have already booked a CTI/CSA split for 2011.

The weather is just as unpredictable in Negril as it is in Ocho Rios. We have been in August, December, January, March and April, to both Negril and Ocho Rios, and have had good and bad weather in both places during the same months. We now always go in April. I'd be happy to send pics or answer any specific questions about our experiences at the two if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com).

Here are good pics of the GHJS: http://couples.com/12sw/25accomodationsSW.htm (click View Room). http://couples.com/12sw/02swPanos.htm (click on room type)
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Hi Mrs. H,

I have not been to CTI but i HAVE been to CSA. As i'm sure all the resorts are fantastic, i can't imagine going to any other of the resorts after having been to csa. We loved it so much!! We loved how the layout was not TOO spread out but yet there were plenty of places to go. We loved how many amazing activities were included, such as water skiing, catamaran cruises, scuba diving, snorkling etc. We loved it so much, we are going to have our wedding there next summer. If you DO decide to make the switch, you will be very happy with CSA. Maybe you can do half your vaca at cti and the other half at csa? Couples is very good at accommodating that. I hope i helped a little. Good luck!

Also, Ms. H

Neither resort is better than the other, and each has its fans. There isn't a weather guarantee, and you can have great or not so great weather at either resort. We've been to all four resorts, and how "relaxed" the resort is really depends upon the guests present during a particular week. We've been to CN 12 times; there have been times when it's been very quiet, times when guests were a bit too much, and the rest of the time it's been shades of gray between the two extremes.

Different people have different preferences, and what I like about one resort might be something about which you really don't care. If CTI is the resort that appealed to you the most when you were delving through all of the information, then stick with it. We were just there in January and had a great time.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

CSA is the best, but if CTI looks too relaxed what do you think of CSA? Personally I think CSA is the most relaxed...more of an island tropical feel....

CSA reasons:
    Wood slats on the windows
    the verandah's are HUGE
    THE BEACH....7 mile beach, cannot be beat.
    the people, the staff is fantastic.
    THE SPA.. just outstanding.
    The food, I am in love with the hummus at sea grapes
    Just the overall feel of the resort...quaint, quiet, tranquil and relaxed...even at capacity it doesn't feel full. But you can still find a party if that is what you want.

I agree with everyone that said stick with your first choice. Although I've never been to CTI, I'm sure it's just as enjoyable as all other Couples resorts. We were married at CSA and because of the included activities and the sports complex, my dh won't try another. Stay with your first choice and maybe on your next visit (b/c you will be back), try one on the Negril side of the island. I wouldn't recommend splitting unless you're staying more than 7 days. I think there's a 3 hour travel time between Negril and Ocho Rios. Enjoy your trip!

Sorry I forgot, if you do decide to switch to CSA and want the 'tropical' feel, don't stay in the great house. It's more 'hotelly' to me. I loved the feel of the other rooms. That's just my opinion! I don't want to go to Jamaica and feel like I was staying in a hotel.

I don't know where people are coming from when they say the weather is more (or less) predictable in one area of the island than another. The fact is that the weather is VERY predictable all over the island. You're probably going to get some rain... and your probably going to get lots of sunshine. This is how tropical paradises are built.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Thank you for your responses. Amy, the first link was perfect! Decisions Decisions Decisions!!!

We will not be there until November but we are planning our wedding, so I have to act fast. After sending this message last night and reading more posts, I learned that the GHVS is like a regular hotel which is similar to our Jr. Suite at CTI. I really would like to step out my door and be met with fresh air. I am also looking for the "relaxed" island feel that I think CSA offers, plus my fiance likes the Sports Bar and Gaming Lounge. He is a die hard football fan so I will leave him there on Sunday lol. For those reasons and a few others, I will be changing. But I will inquire about visiting CTI (Thanks Ms. H ;-}). It looks like these resorts are very addictive and I imagine I'll be back again. If I enjoy CTI, I will put that on the agenda for next time.

This message board is the BEST!!!! If only I would have consulted it prior to booking.
    Soon2B Mrs "H"