Thread: Money question?

Default Money question?

We are getting ready to leave for CSA 27/03/10 and cant wait!!

Just a few questions regarding currency:

1, Does the hotel exchange travellers cheques?

2, Does the hotel accept cash for the balance on your extras when you check out? I just read on the board that they now only accept credit cards. So I dont want to change up my money to USD and have to change it back again if the hotel will only accept our credit card on departure. As the 'buy it back' fees in the UK at the moment are horrendous. We also wanted to try and avoid using our credit card if possible so we dont get stung by the hidden charges.

3, Anyone know if the hotel accepts VISA ELECTRON.

Sorry for the long post but any answers will be greatly appreciated.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by englishrose View Post
    We are getting ready to leave for CSA 27/03/10 and cant wait!!

Just a few questions regarding currency:

1, Does the hotel exchange travellers cheques? Don't bring traveller's cheques. You'll have a hard time getting them cashed, plus it will bei n Jamaican. You will want US dollars and a credit card.

2, Does the hotel accept cash for the balance on your extras when you check out? I just read on the board that they now only accept credit cards. So I dont want to change up my money to USD and have to change it back again if the hotel will only accept our credit card on departure. As the 'buy it back' fees in the UK at the moment are horrendous. We also wanted to try and avoid using our credit card if possible so we dont get stung by the hidden charges. Yes, they will accept cash when you settle your bill at the end of your trip. They require a credit card for the hold, but it doesn't have to be charged at the end if you prefer to pay with cash.

3, Anyone know if the hotel accepts VISA ELECTRON. I would assume that if they take Visa, they will take the Visa Electron (though I'm not familiar with the difference)

Sorry for the long post but any answers will be greatly appreciated.

xxx
    Hope this helps!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Was just worried about taking out the amount of cash we need just in case it goes missing. Any ideas?