Default The Beach in Negril

Has the beach been effected in Negril due to the large waves?

I don't know what large waves you are referring to but we were there 1st week of February and the water is very calm basically like a bay, I don't know if they ever get large waves and the beach was absolutely gorgeous!

Based on some comments by folks who have been there in the last week, none to speak of. There had been reports of 3' breakers (a lot for 7-mile), with water up to the beach walk at SweptAway according to one report. That same poster also noted that all was well the next day.

No news, good news, I guess...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Default beach

Thanks for the response! I know there are no waves in Negril as I have stayed there before. I am just checking to see if any damage was done in the last couple of days. Thank you for your response.
    Janelle

We have been to CN several times and the bay has always been very calm until the last time. There were waves about 2-3 feet high with lots of surf to play in. So yes, you can get waves at CN.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Anytime you have a storm out to sea you have a chance of waves coming into the bay. The majority of the time the waters are calm. Alot also has to do with what time of year you are visiting CN.

My wife and I stayed Feb 20-28. Shortly after we arrived, there was a big,late night storm. Apparently a front had gone through, and for at least 2 if not 3 of the remaining 4 days, the wind and waves were high enough to preclude water sports activities. That said, the beach itself was in pretty good shape and staff worked hard to keep it that way. It seems to be pretty much a day-to-day thing. Bottom line, we had full use of the beach every day.

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    Anytime you have a storm out to sea you have a chance of waves coming into the bay. The majority of the time the waters are calm. Alot also has to do with what time of year you are visiting CN.
    We will be visiting from April 7th - 21st...is this a "calm" time of year or a "wavier" (is that a word?) time of year?
    Kris

This will be our 4th visit to CN in April/May and it has always been calm. The water sports have always been available, but I understand that it could be different this year.

Why might it be different this year? We will be there in 3 1/2 weeks...

Sun Kissed

We will be visiting from April 7th - 21st...is this a "calm" time of year or a "wavier" (is that a word?) time of year?
    The term we use here is New England to describe your "wavier" word is "choppy".

In all the years that we have been going to CN in April we have yet to experience large waves in Bloody Bay. But at the same time we have not had any big storms during that time frame either.

I would venture to predict calm waters for your trip. If I am wrong I'll buy the drinks. Heck I'll buy the drinks no matter what!

We'll be there April 10 to the 18th.

Default Waves @ CN - ABSOLUTELY!!!

We just returned from CN March 7th. There were only calm waters the first day and a half of our vacation. The rest of the time, large waves, which did affect the water sports somewhat. Some days, the morning divers were able to get out but typically the afternoon dives were cancelled. Same goes for the snorkelers & water skiers, which we happened to be participants of both. Because there are so many other things to occupy ones time, it didn't really matter to us. We were there for 8 WONDERFUL days and even without the water sports on some days, we had plenty to do and sometimes we just "relaxed" completely instead. Friends of ours are still there and they said that it has calmed down since we left. Just as the rest of the world is having strange weather, so is Jamaica; however it's not even worth worrying about. Waves or no waves? No worries mon!!!