Default Colorado Juli Update

I've had a few questions so I thought I would update you all.

Last Wednesday I started having severe pain in my left leg and felt like it was another blood clot. I had been told that because I was on Coumadin I could not get a blood clot. But we called the doctor anyway and went to the emergency room. Turned out I had 3 blood clots in my leg. (So much for you can't get one.) So they plunked me back in the hospital.

I have been changed over to lovenox which is two shots per day and it is very important that I get them 12 hours apart.

Next Monday I go to see a hematologist because they said that because I clotted while on Coumadin it means that I have a blood disorder. So last Friday while I was in the hospital they took 7 vials of blood to start the testing.

I was only in the hospital for 3 days while they drew blood and got my pain back under control.

Something else that has been happening is that my leg has been in pain to the point I am taking very strong pain pills. The pain has never gone away from the first time I was in the hospital and they are sending me to a vascular surgeon to try and figure out what is going on. The pain is so intense some days that I can not sleep.

I'm doing well with the shots and have managed to start giving them to myself so Scott doesn't have to. I will have to be on the shots for the rest of my life. Luckily we have very good insurance as the cost is $4,577 per month without insurance. That's a 10 day trip to CN!

In the meantime, I'm a bit freaked out because no one has said it, but the hematologist did start asking me questions about cancer in my family. So of course we started looking on the internet and yes there are blood disorders that are cancerous.

I don't know anymore for now except that my right leg has started hurting similar to my left leg and there is also pain in my left arm.

So as you all go about your days if you could please pray for me. I'm freaked out. I'll know more on Monday after I see the hematologist and then the vascular surgeon a week from Thursday.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you navigate this journey.

Wow Juli, wishing you nothing but the best!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

As Mzambo says: Wow Juli, wishing you nothing but the best! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Try to keep your chin up. Razzl

All the best to you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

PS from reading your posts I think my wife and I are almost as big as you as fans of CSS!
    It's #1 to us

Sorry to hear this Juli. I'll be praying for your speedy recovery.

Sending prayers and good wishes.

Juli

I can understand the sense of frustraton you are having coping with this terrible situation. In case no has told you, just try to take one day at a time. If that's overwhelming, try for a lesser period of time. You don't want to get ahead of yourself and start thinking negative thoughts. Stay with the moment.
    I am living with cancer and I have to stay focused on what's going on now in my life, not the "what if" thing. But it is frustratin to live from one test to another, one medication to another. and it makes you angry sometimes as well. Let the medical team do what they can, you do what you can. Make some plans for the next Couples visit. Stay positive.

richie

Juli, you are in my prayers. Remember if God brings you to it, he will see you through it.
    Kristen

WOW! That stinks - I really pray that everything works out and you are on the beach soon drinking those Mudslides? Was that a mudslide I brought you in 12/08?
    ... it keepsh me shane

Juli, you are in out thoughts and prayers. we hope you get better soon.

Randy

Juli,
    Sending positive thoughts your way. I hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon! Try to remember that worrying only takes away energy that should be used to get you on the road to recovery.

Juli, I'm praying for you. I can only imagine how frustrating and frightening this must be. I hope they figure out was is wrong and that your soon on your way to recovery.
    Prayers,
    Erin

Thanks everyone.

Richie ~ I'd love to make plans for my next Couples visit, but right now I'm not allowed on road trips or plane rides. I'd love to go see my folks in Phoenix right now, but I'm not allowed to travel and my dad has a heart condition and can't come up to the altitude that I live at. So I am just getting through hour by hour and hoping the next hour will bring a diagnosis and relief from the pain.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come