Default Superior vs. Deluxe Ocean View

Hi there! My husband and I will be taking our (delayed) honeymoon to Jamaica, and we're pretty sure we've decided on CTI. We were wondering though if there's much of a difference between the Superior and Deluxe Ocean View rooms. The accommodations link says that Deluxe rooms have been recently refurbished (I'm aware that the hotel just underwent a huge renovation); however, the Superior rooms description makes no mention of the reno...have they been updated as well? Thanks in advance for your help!

Go with the Deluxe. They have all been renovated but the position and view will be better in the Deluxe. You will have a great time no matter which room you get. You won't spend too much time in there anyway. Hurry up and book then you can start your countdown and add yourselves to the meet up thread.

Yes the superior have been renovated too. My husband and I stayed in the superior room last August and it was just fine.

Really the only difference in the rooms is the view. The Deluxe rooms have a view that is facing the ocean and tower island. The Superior rooms have a view of the ocean, but not the island. Either way you are going to have a view of the ocean.

If your like my husband and I we don't spend much time in the room, so it really depends on what view you want and how much you want to spend.

If you have anymore questions I would be glad to help answer them. This August will be our 4th year back. Can't wait to get back home!!

I noticed your screen name... where in Texas do you guys live?
    Brandi

They have all been updated. The main difference between the Superior and Deluxe is the location. Superior are in the South (#5) building and the Deluxe are in the East (#1) and West (#4) buildings. The view from the Superior is of the ocean, but not straight on since that building is at an angle. The view from the Deluxe is of the beach, ocean and island.

I've attached a pic so you can see the buildings. I'd be happy to share the room list or any pics if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com).
    Last edited by Amy; April 2nd, 2010 at 07:35 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Hi, havent yet been to CTI, we leave on Monday! We did book deluxe ocean view rooms. My understanding is that all the room categories have been renovated. I believe the difference between the superior and deluxe is the type of ocean view you get. I think the superior ocean view is more of a side angle, whereas the deluxe is a full front view of the ocean. Hope this helps, have a great holiday.

Brandi - We live in Missouri City, which just south of Houston near Sugar Land. Are you from Texas as well?

Talk about a small world - we live in Spring, just north of Houston.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

CB - 2015

Amy - I actually grew up in Montgomery (near Conroe), so I'm very familiar with the Spring/Woodlands area. My husband and I just moved to Missouri City about a yaer and a half ago. Have you lived in Spring long?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBaileys View Post
    Amy - I actually grew up in Montgomery (near Conroe), so I'm very familiar with the Spring/Woodlands area. My husband and I just moved to Missouri City about a yaer and a half ago. Have you lived in Spring long?
    My husband has been here since 2006 while I was still in Tennessee and I moved here in late 2007, so over two years now. I work in the Woodlands though.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

CB - 2015

Texas Baileys-
    My husband and I live in Sanger,Tx just north of Dallas.
    Brandi