Hybrid View

Default Getting married at CSS in April!! I have a few questions...

My fiance and I are going to CSS on April 11th and getting married on the 13th! We are so excited and can't wait to go!

However, I read that we only get a copy of our marriage certificate, which does not allow me to change my name until we get the original 12-16 wks later. Has anyone gotten married at a Couples Resort? Did you have to wait this long to change your name? Also, did anyone use the Resort photographer? If so, do you have any pictures to share? (my email is robandkara09@hotmail.com) I also was wondering if a bride used the Resort hair salon and how it came out?

Also, we were wondering if any young couples will be there that week? We are 30 & 32. My parents and aunt & uncle are coming, but sometimes its nice to meet and hang with couples our age! lol

Thanks everyone!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

My husband, Pete, and I will be at CSS from 4/6 - 4/13.
    Too bad we are leaving on the 13th, I am a portrait photographer.

There is a wedding specific board here, you might want to ask your question there.

See you in paradise!

robandkara,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We were married there 2 years ago and will be there from 14-17 April to celebrate our anniversary. You guys are going to love it there!!!

That is correct about the marriage certificate. They'll give you a copy of the wedding registry but you'll have to wait till the marriage certificate comes in to change your name. We used the resort photographer and thought they were very well done. Didn't use the resort salon but talked with folks that did and they were happy with the results. We're in our 40's so we're not technically "young" but will look for you guys.

Bart & Bug

Congrats!!! We were married in the Caribbean just over ten years ago and I would do it all over again...so we are!!! We will be there April 10th around noon and leaving April 17th. Renewing our vows at 11:00 on the 12th. You could say we are "younger" but I will turn 40 on April 12th so we may be a little "old" for you newlyweds!!! Hope to meet you there and show you that age doesn't mean a darn thing!!!

We'll be there April 8-17. Our first trip to Couples! We were married at a different resort in Jamaica 8 years ago. You can start introducing yourself with your new name as soon as you get married. I just signed both last names for a few months until I got everything put in my new name. You will need the offical document with the raised seal to change your social security number and anything associated with it (like work records). That's actually a good thing!

We are old enough to be your parents but we have friends of all ages. You'll have a hard time keeping up with us!