Default First Time Ever to Jamaica /HELP??

We are planning on getting married in a private ceremony..we have no clue as to where when what and how? What is the first step?

we are going to book asap at CTI...can we register in our hometown for license? Can we bring everything with us?

I have no idea what the first step is..and We have never been to Jamaica. I am so excited that I can't even think..haha

Any help..advise..etc is very much appreciated.
    If you have stayed at CTI please let us know which are the best rooms, garden, ocean..etc.
    Any and all help is much appreciated.
    Also would like to know, does the planner come free? Do we find one? or will they contact us? Do they provide the music..or do we?

H E L P ???? thankyouthankyouthankyou

Congrats on getting married! I got married in June 09 at CSS, so I'll see if I can help with some of your questions. We used a travel agent that did a lot with all of the Couples resorts so that made it a little easier (but we also had quests, so might not be needed for you if you're doing private). The first thing you'd need to do is book your day and time (you can do that on the website) for the wedding and pay a deposit.

You don't need a marriage license from your hometown, Jamaica will give you one. You just need to mail in specific paperwork (I cant remember exactly) but I know your birth certificates, etc. I think you have to do this 30 days before the wedding?

Other than that, those are the major things "Couples" needs you to do. Then you just need your dress! When I had questions along the way I usually went through my travel agent and she emailed them to the resort wedding coordination...so I could talk that way. So I'm sure somewhere on the website or by calling you can get emails/phone numbers of the wedding coordination. No charge for the coordination either.

We brought a CD with our own music. Unless you get a steel drum band or something, you need to bring your own.

I hope that answers some of your questions! I'd be more than happy to answer anything else, I dont always check on here, but you can email me at hamm.kt@gmail.com

Congrats again...and you will just love Couples!!!!!

Congrats and calm down! LOL The answer to all your questions are right here on the site. Look under the weddings sections. We were married at CSA Oct 2008 and it was GREAT!!!

Sportlady,

You need to read the wedding FAQ on the website. Most of your questions can be answered there. First you can not get a license in your home state. You have to apply for a license through Jamaica and in order to do that you have to have certified copies of you and your fiance's birth certificates and valid picture ID's like a license. You'll have to mail those to the resort, again, the address and this info can be found under weddings on this website. Second you have to pay $200 licensing fee and then you'll be able to set your date. Just click on the wedding tab to the left of this website and follow the pages, it will guide you.

The wedding planner is free, as well as a bouquet, cake, champage, minister, location, etc. You pretty much just have to bring the rings and attire. They also have photo packages you can hire a resort photographer or you can hire an outside photographer which tends to me much more pricier but it's all a matter of preference and budget.

After you book your wedding, the stateside wedding coordinator will email you can you can communicate any questions or concerns you have at that point, until you get to Jamaica, then you'll have an appt. set up for you to meet with the wedding coordinator at the resort. There you will pick out a bouquet, cake, location, etc.

Music, you need to bring a CD with 5 songs on it. The first song will be what you walk down to, the rest will be played after your ceremony, during your cake and champagne, and some people even have a first dance.

Hope this helps so far, no question is a stupid one and everyone on here loves helping so feel free to ask some more if you need to.

Sportylady,

Congratulations on your plan to be married in Jamaica. We were married at CSS (our first time to Jamaica) 2 years ago and will do our best to answer your questions...even though you're getting married at CTI, which we stayed at last year.

You will not need to register in your home town for a license. The Jamaican marriage certificate will be mailed to you 2-3 months after your wedding date. Until then you will have a copy of the register to show that you're married. Go to the weddings page of the Couples web site (http://couples.com/weddings/weddinglanding.htm) and there you'll find everything you wanted to know about planning your wedding...to include the ability to e-mail the wedding planner at the resort. They have a weath of knowledge and will assist you greatly with planning your wedding. The wedding planner comes free as they are staff of the resort (though it doesn't hurt to bring a small gift to thank them for what they do). They have music to use during your wedding although you can bring your own also.

We stayed in an Ocean Jr. Suite, while at CTI last year for our anniversary, and loved it! It's great to wake up in the morning and look out at the ocean from your balcony.

We hope this has helped with the first steps of planning your wedding at CTI. Relax and let the wedding planner at CTI guide you the rest of the way.

Have a blessed wedding!!

Bart & Bug

First, take a deep breath. Couples will take care of everything. All you need to do, once you have booked your hotel stay, is log onto the Wedding Calendar and book your ceremony. After you book, then the wedding coordinator will contact you. However, if you have questions for the wedding coordinator prior to booking you can contact them via this link: http://www.couples.com/03wedding-contact.htm

Also, check out the FAQ section of the wedding website - it will tell you about all of the documentation that you need to bring with you, as well as music, flowers, the cake, etc. Here's that link: http://www.couples.com/weddings/05-weddingfaq.htm

We have been to CTI several times so I would be happy to share our pics, maps, packing list - whatever will help (amy.welch@hotmail.com). We first honeymooned there in 2002, got hooked on Couples and have now tried all of the resorts. We're headed back to CTI this April, but have already booked a CTI/CSA split for 2011. Can you tell how much we love Couples?
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

You are all wonderful, thank you for your help. After I posted the questions, i saw the Faq's page, lol

I guess we are so excited about this we don't know what to do first..
    has anyone gotten married during Sunset? I wonder if it is prettier than a morning wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportylady View Post
    You are all wonderful, thank you for your help. After I posted the questions, i saw the Faq's page, lol

I guess we are so excited about this we don't know what to do first..
    has anyone gotten married during Sunset? I wonder if it is prettier than a morning wedding?
    Sunset is gorgeous. However, the natural light is better in the morning, the water is calmer, the beach is freshly raked and there is less activity. If it were me, I'd do it in the morning.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We chose the sunset ceremony, since we are older and the softer light looks better and more romantic. We got the $890 sunset package and that includes 24 photos and other extras; also it is much more private than we imagined, now having seen some of the photos by those married at sunset. The light is very bright in the morning and tends to wash out the details in whites, especially. A beach ceremony is held at like 4 pm, and then the photos with the sunset are taken after that, because if you marry during the sunset, you would miss the pictures with the sunset backdrop.
    I encourage you to check photos and see what might look best for you. We are happy with our choice, and I am sure the photos and whole ceremony will be wonderful as well. Good luck with your decision making process. Debbie Hall, the Stateside wedding coordinator is wonderful at helping with every detail of the planning stages. Once you book, she takes over and helps until you actually get there.
    Hugs and best wishes,
    Sara and Lee Couples Tower Isle, Sunset wedding on March 15, 2010
    SOON!

We were married at Sunset at CSA and due to weather, rain, it was delayed, overcast and no sunset had. HOWEVER, it was beautiful just the same. I was marrying my best friend, lover and companion for the rest of my life, so in the end the time didn't matter. BUT, if I had to do it again, I would have done it at 10:00 in the morning. WHY? Well because you have to wait 2 days after your arrival to the island to get married. And that meant, being more careful in the sun, not overdoing snorkeling, or sailing, and actually we didn't get married until almost the 3rd day. So a lot of our time prior to the ceremony was spent with concerns to keep our selves in good condition. I would have had a 10:00 ceremony, had lunch, changed into our swimsuits enjoyed some time on the beach. Made reservations at Feathers for a romantic dinner, then listen to ultimate chocolate and danced at the disco. Keep in mind, it's your day, do waht makes you happy. That's all. the staff is awesome and will make yhour dreams come true.

Default CTI Bride June 2009!

Hi!

Wow, im sooo excited for you.

Me and my hubby travelled to CTI in June 2009, just the two of us, and we got married whilst there, it was amazing!

Just fire away with the questions, nothing is a silly question! crazyweecheerleader@hotmail.co.uk

Also, heres a link to our pictures!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...2&id=685838783

Best Regards,

Carolynn

I love your pictures Carolynn, they made me smile. It looks like you guys had so much fun! You were glowing!

Gorgeous!