Default Wedding at CSS April 13th!!!

My fiance and I are going to CSS on April 11th and getting married on the 13th! We are so excited and can't wait to go!

However, I read that we only get a copy of our marriage certificate, which does not allow me to change my name until we get the original 12-16 wks later. Has anyone gotten married at a Couples Resort? Did you have to wait this long to change your name? Also, did anyone use the Resort photographer? If so, do you have any pictures to share? (my email is robandkara09@hotmail.com) I also was wondering if a bride used the Resort hair salon and how it came out?

Also, we were wondering if any young couples will be there that week? We are 30 & 32. My parents and aunt & uncle are coming, but sometimes its nice to meet and hang with couples our age! lol

Thanks everyone!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!! CSS is so beautiful, y'all are going to LOVE it! I was married there in June '09. I remember the marriage certificate did take a long time, I think about 2.5 months...but I dont think there is anything you can do about it. I wasnt able to change my name until it came, some people said they changed it with the copy, but I didnt want to chance standing in the LONG lines at DPS/SS office, etc, so I just waited.

I had my hair done at the resort salon and it turned out wonderful! The only thing is it took almost 2 hours, so plan enough time.

If you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to help, you can email me at hamm.kt@gmail.com

We were married May 21, 2009 and paid a little extra to have the marriage certificate expedited. We received it in about 4 weeks as opposed to the 12 weeks it normally takes. When I changed my name I made sure to send copies of the actual marriage certificate with the one that you will receive the day of your wedding. The only reason I did that was because the offical marriage certificate does not have your signatures on it but the document that you receive at the wedding does. Don't be alarmed because you will be signing next to where it says spinster.

We used the resort photographer and loved him. When you get to the resort make sure to walk around and look for any areas that you might want to have pictures taken. They are very open to taking any pictures that you might want.

I did use the resort salon for my hair and make-up. Tessa was wonderful.

HI! We were married last April 15th at 10am. Everything went perfect-as I know your wedding will too!! I had my hair and make-up done at the salon and I am so glad I did-they did a great job!! We also used the resort photographer and had our wedding taped. They both did a wonderful job! The photographer was very willing to do anything we asked and was really fun to work with! We are from Fargo, ND and I had no problem changing my name just with the copy of our marriage certificate at the DMV. Here is a link to our wedding photos and other pics from our trip. I wish you all the best for your wedding and if you have anyother questions feel free to ask!! Oh and we will be there also the 9-17....so we will def see eachother!! Again Good luck-you guys are going to have a blast!! -Tasha & Dustin
    http://s708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/tashakay_album/