Thread: Questions

Default Questions

My trip is getting close and I have questions.

1. Can I put a yankee candle jar in my carry on or does it have to be in my suitcase?

2. How do you carry on your wedding dress? I need my my carry on bag and my purse. If I already have both of those things, how can I carry on my dress?

3. Can you light candles in your room?

4. What kind of dress code is at CSA? Do we need dress clothes to eat dinner everynight? I dont know what to pack for dress code. All I have planned so far is swimsuits, cover ups, flip flops and shorts and t shirts.

5. Should we bring tennis shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by AHammon View Post
    My trip is getting close and I have questions.

1. Can I put a yankee candle jar in my carry on or does it have to be in my suitcase? You can put it in your carry-on. However, Couples has a policy that states no candles with flames in the room or balcony (for safety reasons). If you want the scent, bring some room spray. If you want the ambiance, bring those flameless tea-lights.

2. How do you carry on your wedding dress? I need my my carry on bag and my purse. If I already have both of those things, how can I carry on my dress? Most of the time, you are allowed 2 carry-ons and a personal item. And flight attendants are used to dresses, so if there aren't a lot of others on your flight, they will hang your dress inside the cabin closet to keep it nice for you. Also, are you traveling with someone else who could take your carry-on?

3. Can you light candles in your room? No, see what I said above.

4. What kind of dress code is at CSA? Do we need dress clothes to eat dinner everynight? I dont know what to pack for dress code. All I have planned so far is swimsuits, cover ups, flip flops and shorts and t shirts. There are some restaurants that require you to dress up (guys in pants). Here's the link to the CSA restaurant dress code: http://couples.com/12sw/24diningSW.htm It's REALLY easy to overpack. You are literally in a bathing suit from breakfast until dinner, so you only need to pack on dinner outfit for each night. I like to wear sundresses to dinner each night, so I don't even pack shorts or t-shirts. I take one casual skirt and an extra tank top and that's it.

5. Should we bring tennis shoes?Only if you plan to do things like: go for a run, workout in the gym, go on a hiking excursion or horseback riding. There have been several trips when I didn't pack them.
    I'd be happy to share my packing list, if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com). You'll love CSA!!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

You sure about the no candles policy? Whenever we've gone Couples has actually provided a citronella candle in the room. I just checked the FAQs and couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by smoo72 View Post
    You sure about the no candles policy? Whenever we've gone Couples has actually provided a citronella candle in the room. I just checked the FAQs and couldn't find it.
    It's not in the FAQ section but has been posted by Randymon on several occasions. Though you're right, they provide the citronella candle, as well as the candle in the repeater gift. I just know that I mentioned tealights once and he came back and said they do not allowed candles and prefer you to bring flameless. In a recent thread he said they also do not allow anything that could ignite.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Ah, missed those posts. Thanks! Thought I was going crazy

AHammon - as far as scents go, no need for candles - just open your door in the evening and take in the smell of the sea, sand, and the wonderful Jamaican plants and flowers - it's absolutely intoxicating, and will stay in your brain forever - that's one of the elements I really enjoy when at CSA - I wish I could bottle it and take it home!!

Good luck with maneuvering your wedding dress - if it hasn't already been mentioned, you may want to call the airline in advance and address the issue, then be sure you get the name of the person you spoke with (or some kind of confirmation code or something so you can mention it at check in). Also, the Jamaican weather is humid enough that you may be able to just hang your dress when you get to the resort and any wrinkles will disappear naturally.

Have a great weddingmoon - I hope you and your new hubby will love CSA as much as we do!!

Besides using tennis shoes for working out, you might want them for some of the fitness classes, like aerobics, etc.