Thread: Help!!!

Default CSS May 2-8 Need some info please!

My husband & I are going to CSS in May. Neither of us have ever been anywhere or taken a vacation or been out of the US. Any tips you can give me to help make this the most memorable trip would be appreciated. Is there anything special we should know?
    Last edited by lannetteh; March 4th, 2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Changing the Title

First of all, you need to know that Jamaicans are not like Americans. They are much more laid back. So, try not to be in a hurry while you're on vacation.

Be sure have a pen for both of you handy on the plane so you can fill-out your Immigration and Customs forms.

The drive from Montego Bay to CSS takes about an hour and half. Sometimes the driver stops half-way for a potty break, sometimes they don't. It just depends on how many people are on the bus with you. So, use the restroom before you leave the airport, just in case.

CSS is wonderful. The grounds are gorgeous, the food is outstanding, and Sunset Beach is definitely worth trying.

Don't be surprised if someone approaches you at the airport or near the resort to purchase marijuana. Its just part of their culture. You can politely say NO, and they understand.

Be sure an explore the entire CSS resort. Its gorgeous and very private.

The spa....is magnificent. The swedish massage rocks!!!

You can be as social as you want to, or spend more quality time with your hubby. If you really want some special time together, consider booking a private dinner. It costs additional, but it may be worth it to you guys.

Sunset Beach is awesome. Very quiet, good drinks, and you don't have to leave to get lunch (its brought to that side of the beach). Try it at least once, but don't wait til your last day. You may be disappointed.

My hubby and I will be there May 2-8 for our honeymoon. (This will be our 3 trip to CSS in only 13 months)
    When are you guys going??

Default Help!!!!

Thank you for all your input. I am not worried about the time issue. My husband & I both plan on relaxing completely. I don't think we will be using the sunset beach facilities during the day. It just isn't my thing, but we will be on vacation in another country so you never know. We are going to be there May 2-8.

Take an afternoon and walk the entire property of CSS stopping at all of the pools and hot tubs and taking a swim or soaking in them. What a fun thing to do. We really enjoyed it.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

get nekkid and enjoy

Oh....so this isn't a review of the second Beatles movie?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

also, let your credit card company know the dates you will be away.
    Relax and enjoy, you can't get lost.
    Don't be afraid to do the excursions, if you have time, do the falls at least once in your life.

Thank you for all your input. We are so excited (me more than my hubby). The dunns river and the trip to margaritaville are the two things we really want to do while we are there. Well right behind relaxing, drinking and reconnecting!!! I think this is going to be a trip of a lifetime!!! And thank you to jessieandjimbo for your input. maybe we will see you there.

Make sure you have your passports. Bring and use lots of sunscreen. Relax and enjoy! First time out of the US? Great choice!!! You won't be disappointed.

"Don't be surprised if someone approaches you at the airport or near the resort to purchase marijuana. It's just part of their culture. You can politely say NO, and they understand."

I thought it was illegal over there?

It's illegal....
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by AHammon View Post
    "Don't be surprised if someone approaches you at the airport or near the resort to purchase marijuana. It's just part of their culture. You can politely say NO, and they understand."

I thought it was illegal over there?
    Definitely so. And you definitely don't want to spend your vacation in a Jamaican jail!

I have no intentions of spending my vacation in jail. I plan on being in my brand new bikini in the pool with my hubby and a drink in my hand!!!! Can't wait!!! I also am a flower fanatic and cannot wait to tour the grounds. From the pictures I have seen it is amazing!!

I never implied that it was legal. However, I've been to Jamaica 4 times, and have been approached to purchase it every time. I politely say "No" and they move on.

lannetteh -

We were at CSS for the first week of Feb, and loved it so much that we're going back for the first week of April. This is your first trip to the Caribbean?? Wow, you sure picked the right spot to go to!!! The grounds just "ooze" romance!! You will go home with hundreds of pictures, as everywhere you turn, there's a picture waiting to be taken.

You gave a little hint that you just "might" get to Sunset Beach. One word of advice, if you want to make this an extra special holiday for the two of you, try going to Sunset Beach early into your stay at CSS. It will most likely be a wonderful experience for you both, and if you do enjoy the A/N experience, you can then return each day for the rest of your holiday.
    Karen & Paul

I haven't been to Jamaica yet, we are headed in July, but I travel Europe and Mid East with my job. If you haven't been out of the US before and are looking for a little travel advise I suggest the following:

1) Get a color copy of your passports and put them somewhere safe in your purse or suitcase. I laminate mine. Anything can happen, I have seen lost passports before.

2) If you are taking medications, and need them daily, don't pack all of them in one bag. Put a few days supply in your carry on, just in case your checked baggage takes a detour for a few days.

3) Put a lock on your checked baggage if you are packing valuables in it!

4) Don't carry all of your money in one place and if your hubby carries a wallet have him put it in his front pocket before you get off of the plane in Jamaica. I am sure the resort is as safe as your own house but ALL airports attract thugs!

5) Have a wonderful trip.... I hope you have the time of your life!

Thank you!!! I didn't even think of the money issue or the wallet in the front pocket. That is really good advice. Thank you everyone for all the input, you have no idea how much it is appreciated. I am so excited --- only 50 more days!!!

Remember, Jamaica is HOT HOT HOT. The sun is much stronger there. Bring sunscreen if you are prone to burning. Don’t stay out in the sun to long your first day on the beach. And most of all – enjoy every second while you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahfairly View Post
    4) Don't carry all of your money in one place and if your hubby carries a wallet have him put it in his front pocket before you get off of the plane in Jamaica.
    That's just good advice no matter where you are. I've always carried my wallet in my front pocket. Not only is it safer, it's a helluva lot more comfortable when you sit down!