Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Any "must-have" drinks to order?

Every time I go to a new island, country, etc., I like to try and taste food and drinks that are a specialty to that region.

Since most of you are veterans to Couples resorts, are there any mixed or fruity or frozen drinks that I MUST try while I'm there?

After all, I WILL get tired of Red Stripe eventually

The next one is alwayys better than the first also you have to do a bob marley!!

If you are headed to SweptAway, I'd highly recommend that you go to the Martini Bar, located on the mezzanine level of The Palms, to sample their menu of martinis. Our favorite... the Blue Mountain.

If you want to show you have hair on your chest, or to PUT hair on your chest, try a Bob Marley.

Proceed with maximum respeck... and caution!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Dirty Banana and Dilemma!

Vodka slushy!!!!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

jamaican browning.

Hummingbird. Yummee

Be very cautious of Bob Marley's!!!! You have been forewarned! LOL

I always like to try the "drink of the day"

Many of the fruity frozen drinks have the sweet syrup in them in JA,so many times I have them leave it out. I do love Rum Punch, and every bartender seems to make it different. Another good standby is Appleton and Coke w/lime, or Pina Colada with a floater of Appleton's. Can you tell I love rum? I will say again beware of the Bob Marley's! Watch someone do one before you, once you see their face, you may think twice about trying one. lol

Hummingbird on the beach and from martini bar..Chocolate or Blue Mountain.10 more days.Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by katdawg View Post
    Every time I go to a new island, country, etc., I like to try and taste food and drinks that are a specialty to that region.

Since most of you are veterans to Couples resorts, are there any mixed or fruity or frozen drinks that I MUST try while I'm there?

After all, I WILL get tired of Red Stripe eventually
    ...."Humming Birds"

Don't heed the Bob Marley warning its all a lie, at least that is what i remember!!!! Just dont do more than three an hour and you will be eire.

- Drink of the day!
    - Come Again
    - Lychee Martini

You MUST try at least one Bob Marley at the swim up bar with new friends.

sndtrevino -

I think you've been fed a lot of cherry juice, lime soda and lemonaide instead of the real Bob. Bob WILL sneak up on you, and he WILL put you on your butt if you don't pay maximum respeck mon! And no one needs THAT while they're on vaca!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Miami Vice, it will also catch up with you. While at CSA swim up bar I asked for a recommendation for a good drink, and the bartender made me a Miami Vice ( Frozen Strawberry Daquiri, Pina Colada and blue beverage, he told me but I do not remember ). Well next thing you know the entire bar was drinking them, and we were all laughing and having a great time. I quickly took down 3, as did the others at the bar, and we all felt it later. It was soooo good though.

Watermelon daquiri. Make sure to have them fill the straw.(with rum of course)

MUDSLIDE

Looks like a milkshake, but w/ rum

OOH I might have to try a mudslide. I absolutely fell head over heels for dirty bananas and frozen rum cream. YUMMY!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    sndtrevino -

I think you've been fed a lot of cherry juice, lime soda and lemonaide instead of the real Bob. Bob WILL sneak up on you, and he WILL put you on your butt if you don't pay maximum respeck mon! And no one needs THAT while they're on vaca!
    No I had the real deal from Delroy @ CSA swim up bar had a full one first and had I known they make a jr marley I would have just had that. I was being a tad bit sarcastic. I did see a big guy and bigger than me and I am 5'9 240lbs he was pushing 350lbs he did three of them in one hour and then fell asleep at the swim up bar, actually passed out. I Do not recomend drinking 3 in an hour unless you are looking to be punished. The guy that did the three in one hour was suppose to be getting married at sunset however he did not make it. Needless to say we left the same day as them and she was pissed. SO excuse my sarcasm do not drink more than one but you must try at least one. Ask for a Jr if you are scared.... Or smart!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    sndtrevino -

I'm with you on this one Chris! The real deal with 151 will knock you for a loop!

We enjoyed Hummingbirds, Seabreezes, Miami Vices, and Dirty Bananas. Because of these message boards, I also asked for Bob Marley shots one night. Whew! Most of the time I found the drinks sort of 'watered down' - not that they don't use enough liquor, but I just never really felt buzzed despite drinking all day. But the Bob Marleys did the trick! I was surprised that I never saw anyone else trying them the entire time we were there. They have a big book of mixed drinks at the bars to choose from.

Try the Bobsled. It's better than the dirty banana

Definitely Miami Vice's!!!!!!!!

Hummingbird is my favorite followed by the Blue Mountain and Lychee Martini. I had the martinis at Swept Away. I wanted to know if they have the Blue Mountain and Lychee Martini at Tower Isle. Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast