Thread: CN Restaurants

Default CN Restaurants

Our first visit to CN will be Mar 24-28. Only 3 weeks away - we're can't wait!

Anyone have opinions or recommendations about the restaurants there?

Thanks!

Restaurants are very subjective....You'll have an opportunity to try em all!..

Enjoy! Yah Mon!

What time R U arriving in Montego Bay on the 24th? Where are you coming from? My wife and I will be there from the 24th to Apr 3rd!

Only Otaheite requires reservations. At the other three--Cassava Terrace, Heliconia, and Lychee--you can simply show up when you're hungry during dinner hours. In the morning outside of the Cassava Terrace where breakfast is served, the menus for the restaurants will be posted; you can get a look at what's being offered that evening and select the restaurant that's offering what sounds most appetizing to you.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We are heading to CN for our third trip in April, and for dinner we really enjoy both Lychee and Heliconia. The nights they have them, I also highly recommend the dinner buffets they are always spectacular! For lunch, I typically wander through Cavassa and fill my plate with some of their yummy salads and then join my hubby for jerk chicken at the Beach Grill. We ate at Otaheite on both of our last trips (last time for the repeaters dinner) and although the food is always outstanding (the pumpkin soup is heavenly!), we are only able to afford 5 nights this year, so will most likely skip Otaheite (and the repeaters dinner) this time, as we just really do enjoy Lychee and Heliconia that much more. Definitely plan on coming back from your trip at least 10 pounds heavier, the food is really that spectacular!!

Just returned from CN and my recommendation is to enjoy them all. You can't go wrong and plan on gaining some extra weight. I love the Lobster on Friday night.

ellis94

Try them all and you will have no regrets.

The food is fantastic at all of them.

Definitely reserve and eat at both Otaheite and Lychee (yes, reservations are required at Lychee). We enjoyed both, and made a return trip to Lychee because of the fantastic food (and the Lychee martini, a must!!). Cassava Terrace is nice, although we're not buffet people so skipped the these nights. Heliconia was nice and we ate there once during our week at CN (probably wouldn't eat there more than once). And if you are a repeater, go to the repeaters dinner, which is great food and a fantastic way to meet people you'll see at the resort for the rest of the week.

Bottom line, the food is great and you will enjoy all of the restaurants, and your trip.

Make sure you go to Heliconia(Italian) at night. During the day this place is a great beach grill that serves awesome jerk chicken and hamburgers. At night the place is literally transformed into an elegant Italian restaurant. The desserts are the best. I liked it because it is under a covered porch near the beach too.

Quote Originally Posted by ellis94 View Post
    Our first visit to CN will be Mar 24-28. Only 3 weeks away - we're can't wait!

Anyone have opinions or recommendations about the restaurants there?

Thanks!
    ...They are ALL good. But my absolute favorite was the Lychee. Unfortunately, only went there the last night. Original thought was "It's just another Chinese Restaurant". It's not. Be sure to try the "Sample Appetizer For Two". Truly amazing.

Lychee -- VIEW RESTAURANT
    HIDE RESTAURANT

Guests experience a taste of Asian fusion served in a casual but elegant ambiance with stunning wall to wall art pieces. Patrons have the opportunity to observe our experienced chefs prepare their favorite dishes with the restaurant’s open kitchen floor plan.
    [view sample menu]
    No reservations required.

Dress is resort casual.

Open 6:00pm - 9:30pm. Closed Thursdays

Quote Originally Posted by Tallman2nd View Post
    (yes, reservations are required at Lychee).
    Since When? That certainly would be new. (unless you happened to be there the 1st few weeks they opened Lychee - A. Patrico said he'd do reservations for a few weeks until things were running smoothly).
    Last edited by rudi; March 5th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Since When? That certainly would be new. (unless you happened to be there the 1st few weeks they opened Lychee - A. Patrico said he'd do reservations for a few weeks until things were running smoothly).
    ....NOT when we were there in November. But they did have a waiting list later in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Rudi - I could swear I remember getting a reservation for Lychee when we were there in Feb 2009. However, it appears from the website and talking with Mrs. Tallman that you are correct -- no reservations required (she thinks I had one too many Lychee martinis....hmmmmmmm, is that possible?)

Sorry if I misled anyone...

they are all awesome!! try to try them all!!

Try them all! The food is great at all of them. So if a particular cuisine isn't a deciding factor for you, another perspective is, if you want to enjoy the warm Jamaican night air then pick Heliconia or Cassava, if you want to be cooled in an air conditioned room choose Lychee or Otaheite.

34 days until we're home again...

ENJOY!!!