Thread: CSA Piano Bar

Default CSA Piano Bar

What is the name of the entertainer at the piano bar at night? When we were there in April of 2007 it was Ultimate Chocolate. Is he still there?

2. Default

"Ultimate Chocolate" is still there, but it is someone different. We made our first trip to CSA in 2007 as well and had a great time in the piano bar. When we returned in 2008, we went again but didn't enjoy the "new" Ulti near as much. We wound up leaving after a short period of time. I know a lot of people will probably disagree, but in my opinion, he just doesn't have the same appeal as the previous gentleman.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Ultimate was there last year. He is one of a kind. We try to go to see at least two or three times a trip.

Take care,
    lp and little red

A "new" Ulti? That's a hoot. There is ONE and ONLY ONE Ultimate Chocolate. He is ALWAYS in residence, unless he is on vacation.

He did, however, suffer a serious injury to one of his thumbs a few years back in a jetski incident. During his recovery, he did make a few trips to the states for treatment.

I can tell you this... when we sat in with Ulti around the old piano last May, he was in tiptop form, and we can't wait to sit in again this coming May! Our signature pic is from last year's visit...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Ulti was there a couple of weeks ago. We had a blast most evenings. He is agreat entertainer & a true gentleman. He played for a couple of hours most nights, he has to stop at 11:00 to introduce "Mr DJ". Ulti was a highlight of both of our trips to CSA...

We saw him in 12/08 and 2/10 and thought he was very entertaining and talented both times. I got speak with him this time and he is a really nice guy.

This is great news!!! We also had a chance to spend time with him outside of just his playing time and enjoyed him. Looking forward to seeing him in November.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    A "new" Ulti? That's a hoot. There is ONE and ONLY ONE Ultimate Chocolate. He is ALWAYS in residence, unless he is on vacation.
    Sorry to disagree with you, but while at the repeaters dinner in 2008, the manager at our table confirmed that it was a different person from 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by markandjannett View Post
    Sorry to disagree with you, but while at the repeaters dinner in 2008, the manager at our table confirmed that it was a different person from 2007.
    lol talk about a difference of answers can anyone settle this. When i a kid i learned there was multiple santa clauses and now on bloody bay we have multiple office of nature
    So such a phenomenon can occure
    So what is the real answer?

Hunh. There's only been one Ulti since we've been there... however, I liked him better when he played earlier over by Feathers... THAT was fun. The "new" Ulti over in the Aura lounge is more like Karaoke to me, and less socialization and enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    ... however, I liked him better when he played earlier over by Feathers...
    Feathers? Maybe you mean by Lemongrass? That's where we first encountered Mr. Chocolate in '05.

markandjannett...

I'm not going to belabor the point. I've had the pleasure to have known Mr. Choc for almost fifteen years now. He's been a fixture at SweptAway since 1991, after spending a number of years as the piano man at H. The picture below (our signature pic) is of us and was taken last May another dear bro of mine.

Believe me, Ulti is Ulti. I'm sorry if the staffer told you otherwise... they were uninformed, mistaken, or perhaps just plain new, but the finest piano player in the Caribbean is without a doubt in residence at the Blazing Piano in the Aura Lounge.
    Chris

I'm also wondering to myself if you misunderstood the staffer, or if the staffer has misunderstood some history... but the piano lounge was moved from the mezzanine area of The Palms (by the Martini Bar) in about 2007, as I recall. In fact, Ulti was trying to recruit some extra hands among the guests on the night before our getaway that year. Perhaps that's where the confusion comes in?
    Chris

Ultimate Chocolate IS still there and was entertaining us just a few nights ago!

i wonder if you may have been at Swept Away when Ultimate was away from the resort. he did make some trips to the States to have his hand looked at after his accident.

Randy

I surrender to experience and knowledge of others ...... I guess there it could have been someone filling in for the "one and only" the nights we were there (in the Aura Lounge)...... BUT I know it was not the same guy we saw on subsequent visits. And the "staffer" (aka Activities Mgr.) must have been mistaken also. Oh, well .................. Still can't wait to return in 5 long months........

Default Ultimate Is There Yeppers

We were just there Feb 25th thru Mar 4th 2010. so we enjoyed our time with the "Dr." as his card says...and another couple from good "ol" Wisconsin down there hi you 2...........

from 2bbs Germantown, Wisconsin

P.S. The Packers Fly high in the "tropics". Didnt see much support for other teams like you did from "Wisconsin"....Go Packers!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Seandymon; March 16th, 2010 at 08:51 AM.

The Doctor? This is a new development... is Ulti handing out prank calling cards now? ;-)
    Chris