Default Dunn's River Falls trip from CSS

Hi all,

We're going to be heading to CSS in about a month (so excited!) and I was wondering about the Dunn's River Falls trip. How far away is it from CSS? How long is the excursion for? If it's an all day thing, do you bring lunch with you?

Probably silly questions but I have no idea so thought I'd ask. Can't wait to be there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    Hi all,

We're going to be heading to CSS in about a month (so excited!) and I was wondering about the Dunn's River Falls trip. How far away is it from CSS? How long is the excursion for? If it's an all day thing, do you bring lunch with you?

Probably silly questions but I have no idea so thought I'd ask. Can't wait to be there!!!

Dunn's River falls is about a 15 minute ride from CSS
    The excursion leaves CSS at about 10 AM and your return before lunch
    Try to avoid going on a day there are cruise ships in port. The falls get very crowded. Usually on Sundays there is no cruise shps in port. Makes a huge difference

One piece of advise is avoid the craft village as you depart the Falls to the parking lot. You bear left and exit thru the entrance. The craft village can be a horrible experience. Too many the worst Jamaican experience there is. The people are very pushy selling there wares. For many tourists especially the ones coming off the curise ships it the only time they will pass thru a craft village

Dunns River is a short 10 or 15 minute ride. The trip leaves at about 9:00 or 9:30 and is back before noon. We did it our first trip to CSS, and had a good time. You will enjoy it.
    Linda

We went to Dunns River from CTI in December 2009. The drive was about 15-20min with a road stop to rent water shoes if you dont have any (they rent them out of the bus window - you never get off the bus).I think we pass CSS on the way so it probably is about 10 min from CSS. The trip is in the morning and you return around lunch time. You do not need to bring a lunch (I guess you can pack a snack if you want). Tips to remember:
    - try to go on Sunday when the cruise ships are not docked - less crowded
    - Bring your own watershoes - the rented ones looked gross. Watershoes are a MUST!!!
    - dont forget a waterproof camera - so many photo ops
    - Okay - you will be lectured about tipping from the guides - dont feel overly pressured just give what you want (at the end of the trip). I really tuned them out when they go on and on about it in the beginning.
    -After the climb you will be directed through a craft market. Shop if you want but if not - keep it moving fast - lol. There is another way around the market but I will let another guest explain that because I am not sure.
    - They sell dvd's for $40 - talk them down to $20 - you can do it!!

Overall the trip was great - it is a must do at least once. Enjoy and have fun!

Ayslinn,

You're going to love CSS. We've been there twice and are going back "home" next month. Dunn's River Falls is a fun trip. Be sure to bring some water shoes with you or you'll have to get some, which you can purchase, on the way there. You leave in the morning, about 9 AM, and are back in time for lunch. Be sure to bring a water-proof camera and they'll take pictures for you to remember about your trip. You can also purchase a DVD of your climb up the falls. The asking price is $40 but you can get it for about half that if you pay cash.

Enjoy your trip!

Bart & Bug

another question- do the DRF trips leave from CSS every day? or are they only on certain days?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    another question- do the DRF trips leave from CSS every day? or are they only on certain days?
    Every day except Friday. http://couples.com/14cs/49-CSSActivities.htm
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015