Default Question on room types at Negril

I have a question for all of you seasoned Couples Negril vacationers out there. We are going to Couples Negril December 26 - January 2nd. I have not booked yet as I have questions about what type of room to book. I would like to be beachfront. My question is what is the difference between the Deluxe Beachfront and the Beachfron Suite. I would like to be ground level to walk out to the beach. Is the suite right on a path where people will be walking by us all the time and if we book the deluxe beachfront can we request a ground level room? Thanks so much for taking time to answer my question. I want to book it soon! I am so excited.

Julie

I think there is a BIG difference with Deluxe Beachfront and the Beachfront Suites. For one, the suite is a lot bigger. The Deluxe beachfront room is not facing the beach. It is kind of sideways and really you are facing the center of the resort. You have to lean over to see the beach.. This room is also exactly like the gardenview inside. If you want a real beachfront room - get the suite. And yes, if you are on the bottom floor in these suites, you don't have much privacy. But, believe me, whatever you pick, you are going to have the time of your life.

You've made a wonderful choice with CN. I'm sure you will love it. The resort is small and intimate. The beach is never far away. The room farthest from the beach is only a 60 second stroll to the edge of the sand. The beach is so wide it's another 60 second walk to dip your toes into the warm waters of Bloody Bay

The Beachfront rooms are at the edge of the beach. I don't want you to get the idea that your room will be facing directly out onto the ocean, looking across the wide beach with the sand pushing against your patio door. As for requesting a ground room floor, you can do that, but as is stated in many threads and in several places on the website, there are no room guarantees. I think they will make special arrangements for people unable to climb stairs. Beyond that, you get to be pleasantly surprised and experience the beauty of whatever room in your selected category you are assigned when you arrive.

There are some additional niceties in the suites. They're larger. They have a nice large bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. You get hors d'oeuvres delivered each evening and a hammock on your balcony/patio.

You will love CN regardless of the room you stay in!

ENJOY!!!

Here are the room descriptions from the Accommodations page in the Couples Negril section.

Deluxe Beachfront
    Air conditioned, king bed, ceiling fan, private bath/shower, flat screen digital cable TV, bathrobes, IPOD docking station, blow dryer, safety deposit box, private balcony or patio, nightly turndown service, mini-bar – assortment of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages such as liquors, beer, sodas and juices (replenished daily). Located on the blocks closest to the ocean and have partial ocean views.

Beachfront Suite
    Air conditioned, king bed, ceiling fan, private oversized bathroom with double vanity, Jacuzzi bathtub & separate shower, flat screen digital cable TV, bathrobes, IPOD docking station, blow dryer, and safety deposit box. Sitting area, bathrobes, mini-bar stocked with beer, wine, juices and soda (replenished daily), hors d'oeuvres delivered each evening. Hammock on balcony/patio. Nightly turndown service. Located at the ends of each block, closest to the ocean.

Thank you so much for your responses! I think I am going to go for the suite for sure. I am so looking forward to it!