Default How to actually meet people from the MB

For the newbies to the MB, only a percentage of Couples patrons actually use or know about the MB. So after months and months of checking the MB and your vacation has finally arrived how do you actually meet the people from the MB.

Some people start a "picture thread". Not a bad one but some people don't want their photo on the internet or not tech savie to post pictures.

Exchange email addresses prior to your visit. Again not a bad one but your really don't know what the people looks like or what happens if you find the people not to you liking...and now they have your email.

What work for me on my 1st(only) trip to CTI was a pre arrange agreement with others who would be attending the Managements Cocktail party held monday evening prior to the Beach Party and Repeater Dinner to carry a red rose/carnation during the cocktail hour. I was surprised at how many people respond to this,even people who must have been lurking on the board.

My wife found a cheap plastic flower at Walmart, I think I tied it to a belt loop on my shorts.

Anyone up for something like this who will be at the May 24Cocktail Party?

thats a cool idea, we will be there from April 25th thru may 2nd, anyone interested in flower power introductions. . .sorry bostonwalt. .i had to give the idea a name LOL

Hey willyb...Like the name...Enjoy your time at CTI, save me some Red Stripe!

Bostonwalt..... We will see you there!!! Judy & Marty 5/22 - 5/27

Judy/Marty looking forward to meeting up with you guys. Can a couple from NY and a couple from MA enjoy CTI without driving each other crazy??(off the old Odd Couple theme)

Like Marty already as I see he is a "bud" drinker...No "Bud" @CTI but Red Stipe will do just fine.

Drop us a line if you like lharris646@comcast.net

bostonwalt. . i will do my best to save you some red stripe, it would be un american of me not to. but it's gonna be tough. i usually start with just one (at the airport) but then the next thing you know i'm singing 99 bottles of beer song and they are all empty. LOL

Default What the heck is an MB?

We will be there on May 19th and have seen these posts. One this we have found is WAY to many love to type acronyms. There are us dummies who still refuse to use texted lingo. Please what is MB?

Default What the heck is an MB?

We will be there on May 19th and have seen these posts. One this we have found is WAY to many love to type acronyms. There are us dummies who still refuse to use texted lingo. Please what is MB? From our part of the country it means Mytrle Beach...

Default Sounds good to US..we are an open minded couple

Would love to meet another open-minded couple as well as having fun on the AN isle...funcbicpl on yahoo...if you care to chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonwalt View Post
    For the newbies to the MB, only a percentage of Couples patrons actually use or know about the MB. So after months and months of checking the MB and your vacation has finally arrived how do you actually meet the people from the MB.

Some people start a "picture thread". Not a bad one but some people don't want their photo on the internet or not tech savie to post pictures.

Exchange email addresses prior to your visit. Again not a bad one but your really don't know what the people looks like or what happens if you find the people not to you liking...and now they have your email.

What work for me on my 1st(only) trip to CTI was a pre arrange agreement with others who would be attending the Managements Cocktail party held monday evening prior to the Beach Party and Repeater Dinner to carry a red rose/carnation during the cocktail hour. I was surprised at how many people respond to this,even people who must have been lurking on the board.

My wife found a cheap plastic flower at Walmart, I think I tied it to a belt loop on my shorts.

Anyone up for something like this who will be at the May 24Cocktail Party?

Sam_Vickie...Mytrle Beach works but in this case MB = Message Board.

The easiest solution is to introduce yourself to everyone you meet!! The younger couples from England or Ireland are especially entertaining, as they have some idea that they have the ability to drink Americans under the table. I'm from Louisiana, and set them straight with their misaligned ideas.

Of the people I've met, less than 2% were unwilling to carry a conversation with a new couple. Those are relatively easy to identify, as they stick to themselves in a reclusive section of the beach.

HELLDOG.... I completely agree with you. I met some Irish and Scotts in vegas.. i had to show him how a cajun drinks... they didnt make it out the bar on their own. and i waited for the next crew to come in to help get them started.. HAHAHA... They really are fun and funny to hang out with tho. Look forward to finding some when we go in oct.

I've always just posted pictures of me and my wife here on the MB. Each time we've been at a Couples we have met everyone I had talked to through this medium. It's been fun to say the least.

Looking to go to CTI and CSS Nov 10-16, 2010. We are Pat and Connie from the Houston, TX area. Really looking forward to it first time to jamaica

Pat looks like you are doing the single didget dance. Have a safe trip.

Wonderful Patmcon, we will be there for a few of those days look forward to saying hello. We dont get there until the 13th.