Default A couple of newbie questions...

Hi all!!! We're leaving in about a month for CSS and I'm trying to get as much info as possible. I'm so excited!!! =D I've already got a packing list going and everything!!!

So, my first question is how long is the ride from the airport to CSS? our plane doesn't get in until 8:30 =( so I wanted to know what time we would be getting to the resort about and if we'll have time to go swimming or get drinks before we're exhausted and it's time for bed. I've heard that lobster night is Wednesday night... I'm guessing we'll be missing that. sad.

My second question is how far ahead in advance you have to book activities (water skiing lessons, etc) and dinner reservations???

My third question is about night swimming at the beach. Does it happen? is there any lighting for it? I've heard there is night snorkeling there- do you have to sign up for it or can you just go grab the snorkel gear and go?

Anyways, thanks for these answers and any other helpful info you might want to share! CSS here we come!!!

Default answers

as far as you getting to the resort, it all depends how long it takes you to get your luggage, clear customs, and get on the van. the ride to the resort is a good hour and a half. you stop halfway the use the bathrooms and buy a beer.
    you should make your dinner reservations once you have checked in
    although, some of the restaurants do'nt let you book that far ahead, and all are closed at least one night.
    i've never seen anyone swim in the ocean at night but i've never
    gone to the beach at night. my wife and i are going back in may
    for our 5th time. YOU WILL LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    Hi all!!! We're leaving in about a month for CSS and I'm trying to get as much info as possible. I'm so excited!!! =D I've already got a packing list going and everything!!!

So, my first question is how long is the ride from the airport to CSS? our plane doesn't get in until 8:30 =( so I wanted to know what time we would be getting to the resort about and if we'll have time to go swimming or get drinks before we're exhausted and it's time for bed. I've heard that lobster night is Wednesday night... I'm guessing we'll be missing that. sad. It's about an hour and a half, but you shouldn't have any traffic. If your plane is on time you could be at the resort around 10:30p

My second question is how far ahead in advance you have to book activities (water skiing lessons, etc) and dinner reservations??? You can wait until the day of if you want, you just might not get the exact time slot. Or you can book the entire week on your first day

My third question is about night swimming at the beach. Does it happen? is there any lighting for it? I've heard there is night snorkeling there- do you have to sign up for it or can you just go grab the snorkel gear and go? Night swimming is on your own and at your own risk - there are not lights. the night snorkeling trip is at an additional cost ($50) and you have to sign-up. It's not a beach snorkel, they take you to a reef and provide the underwater lights.

Anyways, thanks for these answers and any other helpful info you might want to share! CSS here we come!!!
    Have a great trip!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We are going to CSS for our first time next month as well.

From what I read, the ride from the airport to CSS is about 90 minutes.
    I also heard Lobster night is Wednesday, but I've also read that lobster is not in season in April????

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin76 View Post
    We are going to CSS for our first time next month as well.

From what I read, the ride from the airport to CSS is about 90 minutes.
    I also heard Lobster night is Wednesday, but I've also read that lobster is not in season in April????
    Yes, the ride is anywhere from 60-90 minutes. No worries, though! Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride through the country. The bus driver will be your tour guide.

And yes, fresh lobster is out of season April through June.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015