Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beaches at CTI

Default Beaches at CTI

Could someone please tell me about the beaches at CTI. It seems like I have read the main beach is small than CN. Is that referring to the actual CN beach or the entire length of beach you can walk? Also I thought I saw something about the beach area on the island being rocky. Is there nice area to swim on the island? Just curious what to expect in August.

Thanks
    Tim

The Island is rocky, but there is a small patch of sand where you can walk into the water.

The Main beach at CTI is much smaller than CN in length. It's not one that you can take a walk on. I've attached a pic or two. Also, check out the Panoramic of of the Island that looks back toward the resort and you'll be able to see the entire beach. Here's the link:http://couples.com/11or/01orPanos.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

There isn't a "main beach" at CTI; there is only one beach, and it is smaller than the actual beach at CN. There is NO beach on Tower Island. Perhaps you should take the photo tour for the resort and check out the photos on the maps and panoramic views to get a better idea of what to expect.

I think you're recalling posts about CSS. There is a main beach and Sunset Beach in the a/n area; the latter is rather rocky when you go into the water.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

The CTI beach is definitely smaller than CN's beach and yes, there is a very small beach on the Island and it is rocky. The area of the beach that I am referring to at CN is just CN's portion of the beach. If you are a beach person, then I wouldn't recommend CTI. We had been to CN 3x when we went to CTI and we really missed the wonderful beach at CN.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Cn is on Bloody Bay which is 2 miles long. The two miles are shared by a few Resorts. CTI's beach is smaller than CN's private stretch of beach but it is still nice. Uncrowded and private, no one from another resort strolling by. If you are going to swim from the Island I suggest a mask or goggles as there is coral all around so you need to be seeing where you are swimming so as not to get scratched up. We regularly snorkel around the island and swim back for lunch, so it can be done, just be careful.

Small but private and we like it like that! Yes, you can swim in ocean at the island, but it is on the side facing the resort and is small, again, private and we like it like that!
    Vicky

Just left CTI on Saturday- the beach is all but gone. SOOO sad! There were huge waves and the sand was washed away. The beach by the watersports area is gone and about 3/4 of the way down is a cliff of sand and big rocks that the staff said they had never seen. They said it would come back but as of Saturday-small beach!

Does anyone have a recent photo of the beach since most of it was lost???
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Default Beaches at CTI update

I just called the 800 number and they informed me that indeed the beaches at CTI have recently been "pummeled" and indeed, they are very damaged. However, she reiterated that the beach still has plenty of room to sunbath. I asked couples to post something on the MB with photos but she did not think they would do this. I am hoping that the beach repairs itself soon I am going back in July.

From a purely personal standpoint, this will not impact us in the least, being we're not really beach people. But plenty of others are, in fact I'd venture to guess that a sizable majority who come to the Carribean list the beach as the primary reason for their visit. So any time a resort's beach has been damaged or eroded, especially a resort like CTI, which has a small beachfront to begin with, this can have a negative impact. Hopefully it will get restored asap.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

No worries! It's just nature taking its course (hubby is a geologist..LOL!). The sun will still be shining, the drinks flowing and there's still plenty of room to lounge on a beach chair. Everything be irie, mon!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

No worries! It's just nature taking its course (hubby is a geologist..LOL!). The sun will still be shining, the drinks flowing and there's still plenty of room to lounge on a beach chair. Everything be irie, mon!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I'm with you Amy! It's all in le attitude, and trust me our 'tude won't be rude!
    Ron

how will this impact using any watersport items? We love to swim and hang out in the water , is it just rocky underneath or just go into deep water?

We are just back from CTI. Yes, a lot of the beach has gone from the water sports area, but a lot has relocated to the side near Bayside restaurant. It is a shame, but doesn't really cause any problems. More of a problem was the weather - mainly overcast when we were there, not at all typical weather. I have posted a photo on showing the beach in 2008 and 2010.

Taken a week ago from Bayside restaurant.

Wow! Thanks for Sharing G and R! Very informative.

I am so sad to see the beach erosion at CTI...we will be there THIS Wednesday and are very much beach people...loved the sand and sun! I cannot believe the change since our last trip in 2005! Sounds like we will be spending a lot more time at the pool...and the bar!

Beach erosion comes and goes in the cove at CTI. Here are some pics from Oct 15, 2005. Within a matter of months, all of that was filled in.

Not to worry

richie

We were just at CTI for the first time at the beginning of January. We never had a hard time finding chairs or anything. And they are very vocal about the fact that they are trying to figure out a solution and bring sand in. One big difference...you have to walk a bit slower until you get into the water...bit pebbly. It was a bit deeper and pretty choppy most days. In Negril you can bring your floaties out into the water and chill. We couldn't do that at CTI. They will also not let you on Tower Isle unless you plan on being completely nude...which is fine but I would have liked to check the place out....topless won't even cut it. Oh well. Both pools at CTI are gorgeous and we unlike Negril...hardly ever anyone in them! I usually had it all to myself! Regardless of the beach... the staff is awesome and you will have a great time.

Thanks Crabracer for reminding all of us that it has been like this before, and will be like this again. Its just the nature of a beach. The most promising thing are seeing some of the pictures coming back from CTI over the past few days/weeks, and really seeing how much it has already changed from some of the earliest pictures where the water was all the way up to the palms.

For everyone who has not been to CTI, no worries, there is still plenty of beach, and there is never a shortage of sun.

For all the others going in April, I will get you a drink.
    E. Lee Cunningham
    Social Technologist, GE
    Atlanta, GA

Quote Originally Posted by nadekm View Post
    I am so sad to see the beach erosion at CTI...we will be there THIS Wednesday and are very much beach people...loved the sand and sun! I cannot believe the change since our last trip in 2005! Sounds like we will be spending a lot more time at the pool...and the bar!
    I'm sorry, but what was the problem again?
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by VP Lee View Post
    For all the others going in April, I will get you a drink.
    You're the man, VP Lee!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Crabracer: We were at CTI (COR) in Dec, 2005 two months after you took your pictures and the beach didn't look anything like those pictures. It was full and wide like what you usually see. Amazing how things can change so quickly.

Default How is the beeach???

We are going to CTI on MAY 4th. I am very concerned about the beach status. It appears there is none! Can someone post a few recent pics????Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast