Default airfare from norfolk.....

when would be the best time to book a flight we are putting our deposit down for our honeymoon this week. i'm so excited but i want to get the best deal on airfare when would that be? any help would be appreciated. we want to leave 10/10/2010 and return on the 17th. thanks so much!

check kayak

Kayak is a good site. I am looking for an airfare for August for vacation, and it seems like it changes every day. Right now, a bunch of the airlines are running good fares into MoBay for the summer. I found a fare on USAirways for $350 RT from Buffalo (before taxes and fees). You probably want to book a minimum of 3 months out, but start watching now, and if a fare looks good, book it. I doubt if you will find anything much cheaper than $300 RT pp.

Quote Originally Posted by atlanticeyes View Post
    when would be the best time to book a flight we are putting our deposit down for our honeymoon this week. i'm so excited but i want to get the best deal on airfare when would that be? any help would be appreciated. we want to leave 10/10/2010 and return on the 17th. thanks so much!
    after the money spent on the wedding, preparation for the wedding and the time invested in planning and exectuing the wedding how much do you expect to save on 2 roundtrip tickets from norfalk to JA maybe 300.00 which is not alot compared to the time and other monies already spent ... book it now and check it off your list.

Default airfare

we too fly every year to jamaica from norfolk! this year we are flying out of newport news. If you book ahead of time you can get cheap flights, try takeorf.com or just look around, the longer you wait the more its going to cost. I ant to say this year its around 598 for two round trip tickets from newport news, but id have to double check with the wife!

I booked 2 back in mid Jan for June out of Norfolk...$1124.00 including all taxes and fees. You can get cheaper flights...the cost factor is based on 2 things: 1. where you wanted to fly/connect through 2. flight times...what time you want to arrive in Jamaica and return home.

ORF.com has the best prices and selections of flights/rates I could find. The TA said I made it easy for her by picking my own flights out, she did save me a few dollars on the flight but not much.

Be careful if you book through the Couples site and ask for the cheapest flight....don't sound like you are doing that and neither did I....however when I was considering booking...they would give you a very low fair price...but then I realized that they had you booked on a flight that was a 2 day adventure...which cut out a night stay in Jamaica...I am not faulting Couples...they were just trying to get the lowest fare as I requested. I was shocked at how low of a fare they found and the total cost of the vacation until I seen that the overnight stays had been reduced by 1 night...then looked at the details of the flight and saw where I would be sleeping in an airport one night. Wasn't worth it, if going on vacation I want to spend the night in Jamaica, not at an airport just to save a few dollars on the flight. And of course the total price was also a lot less since it reduced the number of nights I was going to have to pay to stay at Couples.